Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Mouette6

Mouette6 Member

May 29, 2012
    #81 Mouette6, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    I finally managed to beat with fungus, and I even destroyed humanity with all of the 7 "classic" diseases :cool: . Actually "Bacteria" and "Fungus" are way harder then all the others (the others are relatively easy). So, maybe, instead of decreasing the global difficulty, you could just do it for these 2 diseases ;)
    I also thought that you could make the cheats progressive. Not unlocking them all after beating everything in brutal mode, but maybe unlock one each 2 diseases (on brutal) or one for finishing everything on casual, the other on normal and the last on brutal ? (Not sure if I'm clear)

2. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Quick question - I am just choosing which messages will NOT display if a player has disabled non relevant pop ups.

Do people think the "Cure is 25% complete" etc messages are always useful?

3. Mouette6

Mouette6 Member

May 29, 2012
    I don't think so, the cure is so stressful that I keep an eye on it all the time.

4. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    :p Thanks

And yes, I do find the cure updates useful.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I would like the option of turning all pop up notifications off. I'm also a bit disappointed to hear difficultly is being decreased, but I guess that's the way with iOS, everyone wants their hand held through everything :rolleyes:

6. Ndemic Creations

I'm making brutal harder and increasing its score multiplier - happy? :p

7. Mouette6

Mouette6 Member

May 29, 2012
    Dayum ! Brutal is gonna be rough :eek: ! I'de better beat the hard diseases in brutal before that update ...

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yeah I suppose that's fair. However, if the gap becomes immense between normal and brutal, you might want to consider adding a hard difficulty in between.

On an unrelated note, I sometimes find the bubbles that appear in the northernmost regions go partially offscreen and can be difficult to pop, especially when behind UI elements like the news ticker. I don't know what the best solution is, but thought I'd mention it.

9. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    ^this.... -.-

^awesome... and at the same time not awesome...

there are always comments saying how everyone wants easier games... and mostly developers listen.

having a more difficult option is good... but when there's an option that seems to easy, and the next one is too hard at the moment... people have to choose between boredom or frustration(yeah im referring to me)

10. Ndemic Creations

It is always going to be a bit of a dilemma setting difficulty but please don't worry :p

The game is not going to suddenly become really really easy or really really hard. I am going to be very careful changing the balance - i.e. making small baby steps over time in the right direction. I have lots of things I want to do with Plague Inc. in the future so you can expect a lot of updates and this gives me the time and space to be careful!

(for people who want the detail - the key change I am making is to the country AI - they will now be a bit more random in responding to other countries being infected which will slightly delay them beginning research.

On casual - I am also giving the player 5 more DNA points and making it slightly longer to develop the cure)

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Congrats on getting to number 1 game in the uk iTunes chart.

12. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    In terms of the notifications - I feel like the random "news" popups are not needed, seeing as they are streaming across the news feed at the top.

I don't need the "bubble-popping" tip every time. Nor do I need the cure percentage. As someone noted above, I am obsessively watching that thing anyway.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I am still having difficulty "popping" the bubbles. Not all of them, but some seem unresponsive.

I am happy to hear about the difficulty tweaking. For one reason or another, I cannot beat the bacteria on the normal setting. I have tried at least 2 dozen times now. I love a challenge, but enough is enough. I want to progress to the next plague! It sounds like the dev. is really committed to keeping everyone happy, which is just awesome. Can't wait to see where this game eventually goes (not saying it's not awesome as is).

13. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I was also thinking that instead of the seemingly endless stream of numbers for infected and dead, try a more visually appealing method.

Instead of 1500000, try 1.5 M

Something like that...you get the idea.

14. Ndemic Creations

I had it like that originally actually but it didn't look good so changed it to how you see it at the moment. Maybe I will add the ',' in but then I have to shrink the font down a little bit. Will experiment a bit and see

15. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I keep thinking about this game. What strategy will I use next? How about if I try this or that idea? REALLY looking forward to the Universal version.

Yeah, I don't necessarily need a bubble for the cure. I am constantly keeping an eye on it already. Maybe a pop-up at 85% complete. Or have the cure percentage slowly flash red when it hits 85% or 90% (without it being too annoying).

One thing I found hard to judge is my infection rate. Not only do we have to watch the cure, but we also have to consider the infectious rate. I ended up watching my daily infections go down and down. I thought it was because there were fewer people alive, which would mean fewer people to infect. But my rate eventually hit 1 and then 0. And it was game over.

16. Ndemic Creations

That is exactly how it should be.

Ok, I have included the cure messages in the optional category. Final pieces of the update now :)

BTW - the first proper review! http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/45842/aotd-plague-inc-review

17. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Ugh, not enjoying fungal

It takes too much time that I've lost interest in playing until the update comes out

18. Ndemic Creations

Even with all the fungal spore traits evolved?

19. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    The two icons for the spore burst? It spreads it, but at a cost. I'm trying animal and insect mutations to infect as many people as possible, devolving mutations until everyone is effected, then hoping the fungus will mutate into something deadly (organ failure) which would usually cost 35 DNA at the time.

Is there supposed to be two icons that both say spore burst, or is one something else but labelled wrong?

20. Ndemic Creations

They will help a lot - give them a try :) I will make sure that it is easier for people to spot