Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. echo_pdx

echo_pdx Active Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Used the "mutant hordes" strategy on Brutal now a few times and like the poster on the last page I've had some good results. Highest score so far is about 120K.

2. redpill

redpill Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    And it helps a lot to get lucky with the first Z-Com base location, if you can hit that hard and early, they won't get a chance to set up very many new bases and you'll win faster (and thus get a higher score). The games where they've been a long way away from all my hordes to start have been lower scoring because it takes longer to dismantle multiple z-com bases.

3. paulyfunk

paulyfunk New Member

May 20, 2012
    Genetic Code Unlocks not sticking

Hey All,
    I just got back into the game with the new updates, and since I had completed the game on Brutal before the Genetic Code Modifications were introduced, I hadn't played enough to unlock them. Now when I play, none of them seem to stick. I'll play a couple of games in a day, but when I return, my unlocked Genetic Codes are set back to 7% complete, just the two that I'd got a couple of months back. The app has never been erased from my phone, and all of my other unlock progress is there, so I can play Neurax Work and Necroa just fine. Any suggestions?

4. redpill

Dec 22, 2011
    So I've been starting in China, and I try to get my horde built up as fast as possible, and then get it churning in Russia and India too so that you have three large population countries from which to launch horde attacks. Then China can focus on Japan and the south pacific, India can hit Africa, and Russia can hit Scandinavia and eastern Europe (A horde from Russia can also go straight to Norway which can then hit UK/France or straight to Iran for any z-coms in the middle east, so Russia seems good to get early).

5. echo_pdx

echo_pdx Active Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Got my score up to 123K by starting in China, good tip! Moved a little slower but you make up for it in points killing Z-COM bases, I guess.

6. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Having trouble with this strategy, could you please tell me what to evolve in what order, the original post was confusing - mentioning drug/heat resist twice.

7. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

FYI - a hotfix will be landing soon:

Fixes horde costs - 2 on casual, 4 on normal, 5 on brutal (currently a bug is making them significantly cheaper than expected)

Resolves a progress saving bug that a few people who install the game from scratch are having

8. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Yay!

My genes I earn keep resetting :( and not iCloud syncing.

9. redpill

Dec 22, 2011
    5 DNA per horde! That's going to hurt! Does the same apply to Reanimate?

10. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I downloaded this game a couple days ago and WAS having a lot of fun with it, but I just booted it up today and all my progress is gone :(

What is the ETA on the hotfix? It's a fun game, I want to play it, but I'm not going to take the risk of losing all that time again until it's patched.

11. echo_pdx

echo_pdx Active Member

Feb 4, 2013
    #1171 echo_pdx, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Sorry, it was a little rambly (and needs some revision anyway). Here goes....
    -Genes: take auto-pop and increase mutation chance
    -Starting location: really your call, but the best locations seem to be those that allow you a lot of mobility. My best scoring games started in Russia and India
    -Take insomnia and hyper salivation
    -Take segmented genome, zoonotic shift, and one of the level 1 animal transmissions. Birds and bats seem best.
    -Grab some resistances, at least one temp resistance skill and drug resistance 1.
    -Move up the symptom tree to cytopathic reanimation, preferably via cannibalism (though if your mutations have been developing the opposite tree, it's sometimes better to go that way). Remember that you're in no hurry to beat the cure; sometimes it's best to wait a bit for your infection to grow before taking reanimation, and I will sometimes take a couple extra transmission skills to facilitate this.

Now it gets tricky. Switch to normal speed.
    -take horde instinct, horde mentality, horde vocalisation and horde pheromones
    -if you haven't managed to mutate it, get anaerobic resuscitation
    -Your first Z-COM base should be up at this point. If it isn't nearby or adjacent to any large zombie populations, develop zombie travel speed and build up some zombie hordes among their neighbors.
    -Develop combat advantages (straight down the symptom tree and to the right) as you storm the Z-COM base. You can safely ignore combat advantages when there is no Z-COM on the map.
    -When it looks like you have a handle on Z-COM, develop the left side of the symptom tree. Remember: right side of the tree for Z-COM bases, left side of the tree for normal countries.
    -While you're doing this, you need to be managing your zombie populations, and this is the hardest part. Keep an eye out for destroyed countries; if you have large numbers of zombies there and a relatively healthy country within reach, move 'em. Make sure your travel speed skills are maxed by this point.

Good luck! The key during the endgame is to juggle horde movement and symptom development; you will be accruing a lot of dna points, so make sure you're spending them: travel if you need it, combat if Z-COM is causing problems, severity if you don't need either of the other two.

12. Quicksilva94

Quicksilva94 Active Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Ok so I see that you've unlocked several ofthe new achievements already. I was wondering if you had unlocked any of the Giza or Darkwater achievements yet?

13. Deltasypher

Deltasypher Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Like how nuclear weapons are used in attempt to stop the zombies. Been tryin to get "not another zombie game" that's a tough cookie, and trying to find the triggers for Chernobyl, black water, and Egypt. Fun times trying to figure it out

14. Quicksilva94

Sep 17, 2012
    I got the nukes a lot of times yesterday but I haven't gotten them today. Any ideas as to what triggers the nukes?

15. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #1175 Kayg0000, Feb 28, 2013
    In Necroa?? Or a different disease.

Nuking requires drug 2 and a low/mild lethal disease to cause POTUS to get ill. Then add insanity if you have not already got it, Spalin gets voted in, add bird 2 for her to threaten china or cold 2 for threaten Russia, add paralysis after the threat = nuke.

It is strongly recommended to get drug 1 and 2 as first to DNA spends, then get what ever else you want.

16. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #1176 Kayg0000, Feb 28, 2013
    Space was starting country and specific transmission
    Nuke was drug 2 and low lethal, plus combination of specific transmissions, symptoms and or abilities for desired outcome.

I suspect Gaza, Darkwater and Chernobyl will be like that, though not quite as hard as they do not have the same point value

Not another zombie game = head + force + wall. (Driving me crazy, the cure goes up so fast even on casual, and you are stuffed if reanimation mutates as it cannot be devolved, thus you get zombies regardless)

17. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Thoughts and suggestions

Can the disease summary screen include the difficultly. It currently includes starting country and date, but nothing to tell you the difficulty. If you start a game, save it and come back to it a while later there is nothing to tell you the difficulty.

18. Quicksilva94

Sep 17, 2012
    In necroa. Usually it was that the U.S. or some other wealthy country bombed the hell out of some other country with a really high zombie population. I'd just go back to that bombed country being all the zombies back, and then send horde after horde after horde at them. There's no warning either. A message just pops up with how a country nuked another one because of high population of zombies in the target country

19. Deltasypher

Deltasypher Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
  20. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #1180 Kayg0000, Feb 28, 2013
    Oh that

I get them sometimes, not often. I get the insect population boom more often than nukes.

To echo_pdx - thanks, got the strategy, need to refine my execution, but up to 110,000 plus now. Got to be lucky with where z-com sets up first based so it can be horde'd to death before z-com starts creating more bases.

More achievements, I've got runner combo, but the pop up was replaced by world destroyed before I could screenshot. Something and engorged quadrupeds, hope that helps. I was down and right from reanimation, don't think I had gone left as I was focused on destroying z-com bases.