Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Himgotscarf

Himgotscarf Member

Sep 23, 2012
    I believe darkwater starts in America, used native biome and ATP boost but I don't think they are needed to trigger it. I've gotten darkwater messages. "Concerned about missing geneticist" then "security breach at weapons facilty" but I don't know what happens after that cuz the virus took off.

2. echo_pdx

echo_pdx Active Member

Feb 4, 2013
    #1182 echo_pdx, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Hmmmm, not necessarily, Kayg...I had to deal with three bases during my top-scoring game. The key is that it's a very reactive strategy. If you know you aren't going to be able to reach Z-COM quickly, it's better to slowly make your way across the map while you develop combat advantages (prioritizing combat over horde and maybe even a little decay resistance). The big combat advantages towards the end of the tree make a big difference in these games. If Z-COM's initial base is on the other end of the map, it might be better to hold off, kill expansions quickly, and take down the big base with a large, powerful horde. Even the strongest Z-COM bases don't seem able to withstand multiple hordes of millions, provided you have a couple of the best combat abilities.

It'd be nice - and sensible - if zombies experienced no more difficulty crossing the pacific ocean as the atlantic. There doesn't seem to be any reason why not beyond that's just the way the map has always been.

Not Another Zombie Game is positively grueling. I thought I was onto something with zoonosis but haven't had great results yet.

3. FoxMcWeezer

FoxMcWeezer New Member

Feb 28, 2013
  4. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Why is Alaska considered to be part of Canada in this game? :)

5. Thebignoggin

Thebignoggin New Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I'm driving myself absolutely mad trying to earn "not another zombie game"!:mad:

If i spread slowly, it finally mutates and I'm not nearly close enough.

If I spread quickly, I can't afford lethality and beat the cure when it inevitably picks up Hyper Salivation in 2014, even with Creationist.

A light bulb seemed to go off with those animal attacks, but oh ya... increased mutation chance... just asking to get yourself cured even earlier.

I don't know what I could possibly be missing...

6. Deltasypher

Deltasypher Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Lol I feel you pain for that "not another zombie game" having some evil thought about the game creator :p

While attempting to get that achievement either it mutates to zombie mode or the cure is about to be popped I just mess around for some other achievements for example the boomer
    autothysis and liquefactive necrosis

7. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Either there is still a random element or something is missing.

I had that combination but did not get given the achievement.

8. nhuckle

nhuckle Member

Sep 20, 2012
    got the It's a bird achievement.
    spoiler: bat 1 and 2, and vampiric hunger and maybe blood 1

maybe we need stop darkwater from analysing or discovering a weakness achievement in order to get it another zombie game.

9. Celestus87

Celestus87 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #1189 Celestus87, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    Beaten Necroa on Brutal yesterday. The solution is very simple, yes not quite as easy.

Make sure you have the gene that prevents mutation and the gene that boosts humid env infection.
    Start in Saudi Arabia (for the airport connections).
    Evolve Air 1, Water 1, Cold 2, Medicine 2, Lower Future Research Speed.
    Play the waiting game. If any symtom evolves, devolve it. You can afford to devolve 2 symptoms in total.
    By mid 2015 all countries should be infected to some degree.
    By mid 2016 the world should be fully infected.
    If you get a third random mutation pop-up before 100% infection, restart.
    Once you manage to have the entire world infected, wait for the first mutation to happen (it basically gives you one free trait!).
    Once this happens, evolve all the symptoms on the left (the symptoms on the left reduce infectivity -who cares- and at the same time reduce research speed!) until you reach the symptom that allows zombies.
    From now on, use every single point to add more zombie-related symptoms.
    Do not waste a single point in the active abilities. They are only helpful if the world is not 100% infected.
    Congrats!!! You've beaten the hardest virus on the hardest mode!!!

PS. Took me four trials to beat it.

@ Developer,

Thank you very much for your work and this amazing game. I started playing it when it was released and it's been on my ipad ever since. I don't play Plague Inc very frequently (because I have everything completed on brutal) but every time I play a game, I have tons of fun.

I really feel like I owe you money because I've beaten everything on brutal and there is nothing to buy. Still, I feel like you deserve my thanks. Please add a donation function, or something that cannot be unlocked by playing the game.

With adoration,
    PCK

10. Celestus87

Mar 1, 2013
    It's a joke. There are plenty of jokes passing by the news box at the top. :)

11. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Yes - don't worry its fine, its how the game was tested the whole time :p

Hotfix now out - sorry for the inconvenience!

There are zombie specific nukes as well

Ye - I would like to improve the map at some point but it is high complexity and low impact compared to other improvements I want to make

Thanks - great to hear that you are enjoying it so much. No need to donate anything - just help infect your friends by telling them about it :p

12. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    #1192 Menel, Mar 1, 2013
    Yay, restarting now, hopefully I can keep my gene mutations now =O

iCloud sync fix would be nice :( I got your email that none of your test systems have the bug :(

13. Crazyname

Crazyname Active Member

May 12, 2012
    My walkthrough for the Necroa Virus on Brutal

A few things need to be understood about this virus beforehand. Firstly cure is to be ignored almost entirely, as it will only affect the infected and not the zombies. Also checking world-data-infection spread summary is a extremely valuable tool especially in late game. So here is my 10 step guide for brutal difficulty.
    --------
    1) start in Saudi Arabia.
    2) get Zoonotic Shift, Bird 1, and Insect transmissions.
    3) get Cold Resistance 1 & 2(because Z-Com always sets up in cold countries when you start in Saudi Arabia), Heat Resistance 1, and Drug Resistance 1.
    4) wait for the cure to start rising and stockpile DNA, I reccomend letting infected personnel travel to every destination possible from Saudi Arabia before the next step, but before the cure gets to 25-30%.
    5) branch from one of the symptoms that mutated down to Cytopathic Reanimation.
    6) now that infected are becoming zombies we must make them combat ready for Z-Com, follow this symptom pattern: Anaerobic Resuscitation, Enhanced Motor Control, Peptide Surge, Acid Reflux, Naja Mortis, Autothysis, Dermal Calcification, Cranial Elephantitis, and Bone Dysplasia.
    7) now that the zombie numbers are growing and combat ready, get the following abilities for your offense: Horde Instinct, Structured Travel, Drifting Fermentation, and Mummification.
    8) get zombies inside Z-Com countries ASAP and then healthy countries with Horde feature, but be aware that all you need to do is get them in there and they will grow into the numbers you want so don't spam the travel on one country or one that is already infected.
    9) get Enhanced Sensory Integration, Masticatory Tension, and Anabolic Boost if Z-Com starts to dwindle your numbers in their territories.
    10) and if they are still resisting then finish them off with Regenerative Activation, Ambush Predatation, and/or (while keeping enough DNA to use it in the specific countries) Regeneractive Biosynthesis.

Sit back and enjoy victory!

14. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    walkthroughs for the Necroa Virus on Brutal

Strategy from Crazyname - Nice. "does what it says on the tin"

Strategy from Celestus87 - Unable to verify as I always get 3 mutations before 100% infect. 1st at 3.5billion, 2nd at 4.0 billion and 3rd at 4.5 billion, consistently.

Yes I am using creationist and boost humid, I even added native biome, no joy

So I never get 100% infected with only 2 devolved mutations.

Also air 1 needs blood 1 and water 1 needs saliva 1 and 2 but these aren't mentioned in your strategy. I accept the strategy works for you, it doesn't work for me.

15. Celestus87

Mar 1, 2013
    #1195 Celestus87, Mar 1, 2013
    Something similar is happening to me as well today. While I had no problem reaching full (or close to full) infection % on my earlier attempts, that does not seem to be the case since the update. I can't even manage to do that on casual. I'm getting mutations at specific populations and not only that but even if I devolve them, I will get a new random mutation immediately afterwards. I'm guessing this was hotfixed... I wish I had tried to get 'not another zombie game' before the hotfix... -_-

Since Creationist is no longer having any effect, I'm guessing that Genetic Mimic is the way to go for that achievement.

Tried various tactics for NAZG and nothing worked icluding: bat upgrade and letting them do the killing, going nuts with transmissions, going nuts with abilities and using all the -research% traits (both symptoms and abilities) once the plague gets discovered. The only thing I have not tried out is going for the mouth/feeding symptoms but that seems like a terrible idea to start with.

As a sidenote, I noticed something interesting. While I was trying to get NAZG, China went paranoid and stopped all research when it had like 45% of its population still alive. I dunno what triggered it but discovering the trigger might be the key to getting the achievement.

PS. There was no reason to mention blood and saliva as they are prerequisites to air and water.

16. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    More suggestions

Remove the most annoying messages in the game namely

Cold countries getting colder
    Hot countries getting hotter
    Fall in urban population
    New rural livestock laws

I get one of these I simply restart, they add no positive value to the game.

Change the Goldman smith bank message from pop up to just a white banner, then only pop ups messages should be fore something the gamer has to actual respond to rather than close and ignore.

17. Celestus87

Mar 1, 2013
    Those work like the air and water filters. If you get one of them, just evolve the appropriate "defence".

Cold coulntries getting colder --> Get Cold Res II
    Hot countries getting hotter --> Get Heat II Res or Insects II
    Fall in urban population --> Get Rodents II (kinda counterintuitive)
    New rural livestock laws --> Get Livestock II (same)

18. redpill

redpill Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Crazyname's approach seems pretty reliable, but I can't seem to get more than 4 biohazards with it.

Do we know if there are any scoring extras that go along with the Necroa scenario? Or is it still just time/cure %/complexity?

19. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Still stuck on virus on normal .
    Can it be done with no genes unlocked

20. Celestus87

Mar 1, 2013
    Absolutely. I completed virus on brutal long before the gene update.

Virus requires an offensive approach as it just won't stay hidden. Level up basic transmission and basic resistances (only level 1). Once you have those down, level up -future research speed and +research required.

The virus should be evolving symptoms on its own, so, once you have a decent amount of the population infected, push the virus forwards with a couple of severe in lethality symptoms and you should be able to complete it.

I didn't really like this plague so once I've completed it once in brutal, I never played it again. Probably a virus expert could be more precise than me.