Plague Inc. [Help & Strategies]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Duss321, May 30, 2012.

1. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    QFT - viruses move so fast, I never devolve them. I find it more effective to just maximize the transmission rate for viruses. I only devolved slow moving threats like Fungus because for stuff that moves slowly, it's more important to infect as many people as possible while remaining (relatively) undetected. For me, it was the slow rate of transmission + quick detection that got me every time I played the Fungus strain. I had to really keep it under the radar.

2. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Thanks! Thats similar to what I did on normal difficulty minus the starting country and livestock. Gonna try this the next time I play, many thanks to all for the helpful tips!

3. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Really good knowledge being shared here! I will get on twitter to let the world know about this thread!

4. Gunther78

Gunther78 New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    I've beaten all of the other disease types except Bio-Weapon on brutal. I tend to start in saudi arabia and just have it spread via air water and blood. after I get blood i get drug 1 and hemophilia. then I wait until everything is infected. I get everyone infected relatively fast except greenland. i get like 3 people infected and it never spreads. even with the cold/heat 3 upgrade. Tips?

5. Levi McD

Levi McD New Member

May 31, 2012
    Yes! I got it. I started in Saudi Arabia and managed to beat it quite easily thanks to your advice. Thanks for your help!

6. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    With Green Land to spread from Saudi you must have Livestock 1/2 and Use similar strat to Virus don't get symptoms until after greenland is infected. But instead of the normal go for the kill build you need to get Necrosis as your key to killing and keeping up with the infection is to use the dead as a means to increase infection from there it should be pretty simple focus on using kills to get Genetic Reshuffle. With those extra upgrades you should have a good spread thru Greenland just keep an eye on the Death vs Infection Rate. If you see it falling behind throw some points into more infection/severity symptoms.

Anyways I noticed on OpenFeint there are Achievements for getting countries to launch nukes on each other. Russia USA and China

7. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Virus Update Strategy. I have it so down pat that I normally am seconds ahead of the AI. Play at normal speed once you have a stable strategy then you can fine tune it. It also helps with those times where at 2x Speed you infect 6+ countries at one time. Speed up once you've infected all countires. Sometimes you need to "pool" DNA. If you're not familiar with the term it means store some to respond to AI immediatly. Anyways just broke 52000 on Virus Brutal so here is the changes.

Start in Saudi Arabia
    Get Air 1/2
    Get Water 1/2

Pay close attention to your country spreads as you will have 1 of 2 things happen. If you get 1 follow with 2 if you get 2 follow with 1.

1. You infect a ton of rich countries.
    2. You infect lots of poor/humid countries and Austrailia

If 1 Get Drug Resistance 1.
    If 2 Get Blood 1

At this point your DNA slows a bit continue to watch infected countries.

Get Blood 2

Pay close attention this is around where you get discovered but it's fine. You normally have about 30 seconds until Saudi starts researching. You should have the DNA for it.

Get Genetic Hardening 1
    Get Livestock 1
    Start "pooling" DNA
    Get Drug Resistance 2
    Get Genetic Hardening 2
    Get Livestock 2

At this point a few countries have started research and you should just now be getting noticed globally.

Get Cold 1/2
    Get Rash
    Get Sweating
    Get Skin Lesions

Now Sit,wait and hope for Greenland to get infected.

Get Necrosis as Greenlands infected.
    Get Insomnia
    Get Anaemia
    Get Paranoia
    Get Seizures
    Get Inflamation

Now you know most if the symptoms I'm telling you are all situational cause you can mutate some of them. Basically you want to gain access to

Insanity
    Paralysis/Coma

Paralysis reduces cure by 1 Coma by 3-4 above 30% Insanity by 2-3 above 30% Genetic Reshuffle is 2 below 30% and 4 above 30%.

For a good score above 30,000 keep cure below 40% for above 45,000 keep cure below 30%.

Hope this helps people for increasing scores.

8. iElectrik

iElectrik New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    #28 iElectrik, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Man, ive tried all day using this but it wont work, Could you help me further? Maybe by email? Ill PM you my email if you can!

9. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    I will fine tune it for you. Give me a few minutes. I'll build a Saudi Arabia strat so it's easy.

10. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Hey your strategies are super-helpful! Thanks !

11. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    For the bio weapon - is there any reason to slow it down? Or just go full blast with transmission?

12. fastspinecho

fastspinecho Active Member

Mar 2, 2012
    What is the meaning of the various icons surrounding the symptoms? I suppose that the EKG trace stands for lethality, but what about the exclamation points, question marks, circles, bubbles, etc?

13. Gunther78

Gunther78 New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Can you do one for Bio-Weapon on brutal? I still cant get it to spread in greenland.

14. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Bacteria Strat

Start Greenland. No other way to reliable get DNA fast enough to spread fast late game. Remember to devolve all symptoms.

Get Water 1/2
    Get Air 1/2
    Get Blood 1
    Get Drug 1/2
    Get Water+Air 3
    Get Blood 2
    Get Genetic Hardening 1/2
    Pool DNA to 80
    Wait for 100% Infection
    Get Rash
    Get Sweating
    Get Skin Lesions
    Get Anaemia
    Get Heamorhaging
    Get Internal Heamo
    Get Heamo Shock

Use rest of points for Genetic Reshuffle. Should end with around 80% Cure.

15. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    It's very hard to get to spread Greenland. I don't devolve as I treat it like the Virus and just keep transmitting as fast as possible. It may take me a bit to post the strat I'm heading to bed and have a 6 hour drive tomorrow. But take the strat for Virus just tweak it a little. It works pretty similar. You just have to keep from killing off your infection to soon in Greenland/Iceland. So once they are infected thats when you should get Cold 1/2 You can pick up Necrosis later as you don't want to be to lethal to fast. Focus on boosting Infection Rate. To get good spread in Greenland.

Livestock 1/2
    Cold 1/2
    Rash/Sweating

16. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Another option is to start in greenland and wait till the whole of greenland is almost infected. Devolving symtons along the way. Also collecting dna points by tapping dna bubbles.

Then spend some points in water transmition, since greenland only has a harbor. When it reaches iceland en russia. spend some points in air, birds and rat transmition. Stil devolving any mutations/symptoms.
    Dont forget to spend some points making it resistant to drugs and hot enviroments. Spend te remaining dna points on transmitions. until you have at least 1 point in everything.

Then when at least half the world is infected spend some points on symptoms.
    I usually spend them on lung or heamorging and expending those to make the disease very deadly. At this time you'll be making some dna points which you can put into slowing the cure down.

17. anubis 12

anubis 12 New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    normal diffculty

im trying to complete the bacteria on normal mode but cant do it any help with where to start and what to use

18. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Thank You!

19. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    I just posted a strategy about 3 above for Brutal Bacteria. It should carry over.

20. Bsrushin

Bsrushin New Member

May 31, 2012
    Easy enough

Start in Egypt. 2 seaports and an airport. 1 drug resistance, 2 cold, air and water transmission max. Avoid symptoms untill entire world infected. Kill them all. Bio weapon is tougher but by the time you get there you should be capable.