Plague Inc. [Help & Strategies]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Duss321, May 30, 2012.

1. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    #61 Zyzoxing, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    As for Bacteria you do need a bit more but I'm currently working on a score build which should be simpler to pull off.

2. RandomHaxor

RandomHaxor Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I also noticed an achievement called "Plague in Space" for infecting the astronauts before they go on a space mission. Do you have to infect Russia/the USA and have there be a space mission?

3. RandomHaxor

RandomHaxor Member

Jun 2, 2012
    A strategy:
    To begin:
    - I like starting in Saudi Arabia.
    - DO NOT upgrade symptoms until it gives you the "Everyone is infected" message.
    - Upgrade transmission!
    - Upgrading water/air so you can get Extreme Bioaerosol is good.
    - Blood transmission when it gets to Africa also works.
    - They won't cure it (because of no symptoms)
    - Whenever it mutates, devolve it IMMEDIATELY!
    When the world is 100% infected:
    - Go to the world menu and make sure there are no healthy people.
    - Devolve EVERYTHING!
    To win:
    - Evolve Anaemia
    - Then get Haemophilia, Internal Haemorrhaging and Hemorrhagic Shock
    If they start a cure:
    - Evolve Insomnia
    - Move towards getting Coma
    - Get Drug Resistance, Genetic Hardening, and Genetic ReShuffle.
    - If you have points, you can get Insanity and Dysentry.
    You win!

4. RandomHaxor

RandomHaxor Member

Jun 2, 2012
    A strategy:
    To begin:
    - I like starting in Saudi Arabia.
    - DO NOT upgrade symptoms until it gives you the "Everyone is infected" message.
    - Upgrade transmission!
    - Upgrading water/air so you can get Extreme Bioaerosol is good.
    - Blood transmission when it gets to Africa also works.
    - They won't cure it (because of no symptoms)
    - Whenever it mutates, devolve it IMMEDIATELY!
    When the world is 100% infected:
    - Go to the world menu and make sure there are no healthy people.
    - Devolve EVERYTHING!
    To win:
    - Evolve Anaemia
    - Then get Haemophilia, Internal Haemorrhaging and Hemorrhagic Shock
    If they start a cure:
    - Evolve Insomnia
    - Move towards getting Coma
    - Get Drug Resistance, Genetic Hardening, and Genetic ReShuffle.
    - If you have points, you can get Insanity and Dysentry.
    You win!

5. Jalalll

Jalalll New Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Bio-weapon frustration

awesome resource here, i managed to get through everything by myself but too frustrated to keep going with bio weapon...i admit it...i need some strategy help. im seriously not even close...any tips would be helpful and much appreciated!

6. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    19,000 score on Brutal Bacteria. I can win 100% with almost any strategy. Just trying to find a simple non conplex build to get over 45,000 to post for people. Though with so many people finishing Brutal it's time to start focusing on 5 Star Plagues.

7. Wildfire

Wildfire New Member

Jun 3, 2012
    hey i just got this game yesterday and I'm pretty much hooked. i beat all brutal difficulty pretty easily but getting get a high score is a different story. i can't find a fast way to infect everyone. it usually takes me 2-3 years to infect everyone (6 years with fungal, it was excruciating) and i want to lower that time. if anyone has suggestions please let me know. my general strategy are as follows.

starting in Greenland i then get:

water 2
    air 2
    bioaerosil
    blood 1
    drug resis 1
    genetic hardening 1

then i wait til everyone is infected before i start upgrading symptoms.

i like to go from insomnia -> total organ failure if i have the dna points (around 90 dna). if not i use internal haemorrhaging and hemorrhagic shock. these kill pretty quickly and my attack doesn't take very long. the cure usually only get to around 60% give or take 2%.

anyways, as the death toll goes up i use the dna points to upgrade genetic hardening 2, genetic reshuffle 1 and genetic reshuffle 2

this one time i upgraded total organ failure, internal haemorrhaging, and hemorrhagic shock and everyone dies with cure at 41%. this was with fungal. i got so much dna points cuz i had to sit and wait for the disease to spread. took FOREVER!!!! so if anyone has a strat that can infect everyone quickly please let me know.

8. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Thats's what I've just started working on Wildfire. I posted a strat for virus that can get you over 40,000 if done right. I managed 52,000 with it and cure at 26%. i'm working on Bacteria now up to 19,000 score from 8000.

9. Wildfire

Wildfire New Member

Jun 3, 2012
    that's awsome zyzoxing, i'll be looking forward to ur strat.

10. k1zuna

k1zuna Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I failed numerous times using this strategy lol... Is there an easier one so I can get pass the virus stage? Thanks

11. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Playing at normal speed works wonders. If you're not doing so.

12. Wildfire

Wildfire New Member

Jun 3, 2012
    when using this strat you need to evolve according to how the disease spread. if you want a simple strat just to get pass virus then it's pretty simple. just infect, infect, infect.

i like to start in egypt with viruses. with the two ports and airport spreading the disease is a cinch. i usually get air/water 1, blood 1, livestock or insect 1 (depending on the ur starting area), bird 1. make sure u save up dna so when u get detected u have enough for genetic hardening 1, drug resistance 1 and drug resistance 2. depending where u start u would need to get heat or cold resis 1. i usually don't even need to put too much into symptoms cuz the mutation will do most of that for me but try to get insomnia, paranoia, insanity, rash, sweating, skin lesions, necrosis, cough, sneezing, pneumonia, hyper sensitivity, abscesses, anything that helps to increase infection. once you got all that just save up dna for genetic reshuffle 1 and 2, paralysis, and coma. get those once u are past the 30% or 40% cure cuz they work the best then.

13. Johny five

Johny five New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    I was looking for a strat for bioWeapon on brutal but I managed to do it before I found one, took about 20 attempts before I fine tuned it.

Started off in India
    First few points up to sneezing
    Next few up to paranoia to stop it getting noticed
    One point on air, one on water
    Points up to vommiting
    One point on cold
    One point on pneumonia
    Another point on air and water
    Another point on reduce lethality
    ( the disease will have probably been noticed by now)
    Points up to insanity to slow the cure but refund seizures to lower severity
    Points up to full cold ability
    Points up to full antibiotics
    Points up to full genetic hardening
    Points up to abscesses

Hold here and keep an eye on Iceland and greenland, #you can boost your lethality now to slow the cure but not too much otherwise you will kill off the infected. The trick is to keep the infect double the lethality.#

Use points in genetic re-shuffle as required, I still had one left at the end. Once the death toll gets to around 6bn you can drop the lethality by deactivating the genes. This will make sure the cure is slowed but the stragglers still get infected.

Hope this helps.

Johny five#

14. Broncos52

Broncos52 New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Nano-virus

Can someone give me there specific strategy for the nano virus i kill everyone before it infects everyone. I can infect all countries but i make it lethal so the cure research doesnt finish and i lose. Any help would be great

15. bambambam

bambambam Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I've finished all disease types on Brutal except for fungus... Fungus is brutal!

The others were all pretty easy except for nano-virus...I finished that one with like 97% cure haha... I was at 99% 4 separate times.

The last time I was at 99%, I had used up all the nano-viral specialties, 2x dna hardening, coma, and paralysis...

JUST scraped enough points together by devolving EVERYTHING unnecessary and got insanity...Big sigh of relief when the cure time finally started increasing instead of going down.

No strategy as I was really winging it but I got to ~95% infection rate before I even started upping my nano-virus to being lethal. Focused on transmission and slowing research...once I was over 95% I went the usual Hemorrhagic Shock route. As points built up, I went up from cysts to paralysis/coma.

But yea, any strat for brutal for Fungus? I have nothing...Wasn't even close the few times I tried it.

16. Johny five

Johny five New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    For brutal fungus I did not evolve any symptoms (actually devolved any random mutations). Invest all points up to aerosol transmission (2/2 water and air + bonus). Next points in heat and cold up to 2/2.

The virus will take a while to spread, be patient and speed up time. The last countrys you will have left are Iceland and Greenland. Use spore burst to get them infected and wait until you get the "there are no more healthy people left in the world" then crank up the lethality. Organ failure is the best. Also use insanity as it will slow down cure development.

Hope this helps

17. bambambam

bambambam Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010

Thanks, I finally did it.

I was just too impatient in previous attempts. I got the 2/2 water/air + bonus + the bonus for wealthy countries + 1/1 in heat/cold...Waited for an insane amount of time and got 100% infection before I started up lethality.

I think my finish time was like ~1500+ days. Ugh.

Oh well, now I'm finished. Hoping for some future updates.

18. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Ok so I get a ton of messages asking about strategies. Just so everyone is clear as we know the game has AI. So just because a strategy doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's bad. Most of us have played with the strategies a few times so we know what we're looking for. At the same times tweaks may need to be made based on things like DNA/Mutations/Cure. So just because it says get Blood 2. If you're at 95% cure. Think about what happened to that point. Why did the cure get so high and do something to hinder it next time. Maybe grab Gen Hard2 or maybe you have tumors and doctors learned how to manipulate them.

So many things can happen the only way to get a consistent outcome is to think ahead of the AI. There are plenty of times where I've brought symptoms up early and I constantly watch my ports for Iceland/Greenland. If they close before infection I start over.

Develop a feel for where you think the AI is going.If you think you're going to kill off before it gets infected don't be afraid to devolve. For winning focus on simple ways to either give yourself more time or kill while infecting.

On Virus/Nano Virus/Bio weapon it's pretty mandatory to grab Necrosis.

19. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    We have a Palringo chatroom for everyone to cone and discuss/ask for strategies. Currently 22 members its great to see and help everyone. You can also post pictures from how your plagues have looked upon completion and scores. So come and share your aconplishments.

Room is plagueinc

We're growing daily.

20. DrNinjamonkey

DrNinjamonkey New Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Does anyone know how to set the nukes off??