Plague Inc. [Help & Strategies]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Duss321, May 30, 2012.

1. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    We're still trying to figure it out. I believe it has something to do with the news ticker mentioning new round of nuclear tests and paranoia.

2. RandomHaxor

RandomHaxor Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Probably. Also I think you need to infect the US, Russia, or whoever else launches space missions when there is a space mission notification to get the Plague in Space achievement.

3. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I still don't get it, what is winning in bacteria? One time I started with increasing my transmittion and resistance to max till most of map is red then I increased my symptoms which was nothing to max I got alooot of kills then I spreaded before increasing symptoms every where.. Suddenly the game ends and virus is still unlocked
    Another time I increased the severity greatly then I increased the spread along with resistance, I had looooots of deaths and suddenly the game ends and virus not unlocked

One time I only noticed they defeat ...

4. owner_101

owner_101 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Pro-ish Gamet
    #84 owner_101, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    Plague Inc. Strategies

Plauge Inc help thread was getting a little crowded with people asking for strategies (including me :D) so I made a new one for just strategies. (NO COMPLAINING FROM NOW ON, PM ME)

Here's one I made:

This strategy works from Bacteria-Prion and I am currently on Nano-Virus. It might take a couple of tries but it will eventually work. They are for brutal. Private Message me for problems. If you find a better one post it here.

READ IT ALL FIRST

Start in Greenland.
    Upgrade water to 1 then 2.
    Upgrade air to 1 then 2.
    Upgrade Drug resistance to 1.
    Upgrade Genetic Hardening to 1 then 2.
    Wait for everyone to be infected. (you may want it on fast forward for this because it takes a lot of time)
    DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM NOW ON, SAVE YOUR DNA POINTS.
    When everyone is infected get anaemia, haemophilia, internal haemorrhaging and necrosis. If you have any DNA left over get coughing, sneezing, immune suppression, total organ failure and coma. When people die you should get DNA, with this finish off what I said before then go for, insomnia, paranoia, seizures and insanity.
    If needed don't buy the insanity route but buy the genetic reshuffles.

NOTES
    Always devolve random mutations.
    Judge if you need a genetic reshuffle or more symptoms. Over 40%-50% is when you definitely need one.
    Save the game every so often but never if the disease has been found or if a cure has been found. Save it when everyone is infected.
    If they discover a cure or detect your pathogen keep playing until the game ends, then just reload your game.
    For Virus it will probably be quite difficult so it may take a lot of tries.
    If you think you need a new form of transmission, buy stage 1 but not 2.

I WILL UPDATE IT.

THIS WORKS FROM BACTERIA-PRION. MAKE AN IMPROVED STRATEGY AND ONES FOR NANO-VIRUS AND BIO-WEAPON

5. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    Imho you need blood lvl 1 to infect people in Africa. And we have to devolve all random mutations, if they appeared before all people are infected.

6. owner_101

owner_101 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Pro-ish Gamet
    IMO you don't need blood 1; it will do it but it will take longer and these mutations don't make the pathogen noticeable. Lethal ones do.

7. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    Coughing, and Anemia were enough to make the pathogen noticeable. I just lost a game because of that. The pathogen killed 99% ; only Angola / Bostwana ppl survived.

8. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Without Blood 1 it will take years to infect africa. Zimbabwe sat with 4-5 people infected for at least 2 years my first time trying to beat bacteria.

9. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Also any symptom other than coughing will make it noticeable.

10. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Winning is there is not a single healthy human alive.

11. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I did as I said, all people gets infected I got a blue screen that the bacteria killed all it's hosts and still virus is locked!

12. owner_101

owner_101 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Pro-ish Gamet
    Hmmmm... Bacteria does seems glitchy.

Yeah, just tried it, will edit OP soon.

So? It doesn't matter how long it takes.

Yeah, just tried it, will edit OP soon.

I concede; you do.

13. RandomHaxor

RandomHaxor Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #93 RandomHaxor, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    What happened is that not everyone was infected (the graph shows 100% infection when there are still a few healthy people) and the plague killed everyone who was infected, but uninfected people survived.

14. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Win screen is red.

15. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Winning means:
    1) Infect everyone, then
    2) Kill eveyone

You may lose the game if you killed all the infected too quickly, they die before infecting the rest of the world.

Think of it this way: There are 3 groups of people: Healthy (not infected yet), Infected, and Dead. See your in game data while playing helps...

16. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Anyone got any idea how to infect Greenland? Short of starting there of coz... kekeke...

17. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Work on cold resistence and water transmitting since greenland only has a harbor no airfield. Also bird (or other animal) transmitting might help.

18. owner_101

owner_101 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Pro-ish Gamet
    What Duss said but it's insanely hard to infect Greenland because only Norway and Russia really trade with them and the majority is one-way (Greenland-Country)

You don't need cold (I've never needed it at least) and I don't think bird works.

19. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    You don't need Cold but to spread thru Greenland fast you do. Here's a Bio Weapon strat for brutal. It works about 90% of the time. And more when mutations go in your favor.

Bio Weapon Revised: Start in Saudi Arabia. Get Air 1/2 Cold 1/2 Water 1 Blood 1 Drug 1/2 Blood 2 When Iceland infects Rash/Sweating. Gen Hard 1/2 Skin Lesions. If Lucky Necrosis mutate. If not save for it. Greenland should be infected by now. Get Anamea and Insomnia then use rest unless access to get to Paranoia/Reshuffle. Should end with 50-90 cure%

It's not as Detailed as my Virus but it will get there.

20. DWRoelands

DWRoelands New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    I do love this game and I glad I bought it.

That being said, it appears as though each disease type can be beaten with the same strategy on Normal.

1. Start in China
    2. Get Air to 2 and Water to 2
    3. Get Heat Resist and Cold Resist to 2
    4. Get Drug Resistance to 1
    5. Devolve all random mutations
    6. Wait for 100% infection
    7. Kill 'em all through Total Organ Shutdown.

Is it similar in Brutal?