Universal Planar Conquest (by Shortbreak Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks for digging up the MoM formula, Wizardlord. Would fit if they use the same one as MoM, with so many mechanics being the same.

And welcome to Toucharcade!

@doomtrader: Would still be nice if you could confirm if he's right, or if you calculate Dispel differently. Also, it should be added to the manual.

2. Nina_cooks

Nina_cooks Active Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Since last update some item like rings no longer list all their properties. Is this intended or a bug?

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I haven't noticed that yet. Do you have an example, like screenshots? Even better would be something reproducable like "craft item A with powers X Y Z, note that power Z doesn't show in the description".

4. Nina_cooks

Nina_cooks Active Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Craft a ring of just true seeing. The description will just say "ring" it does list any power. True seeing does not appear in the list powers if ring crafted with multiple powers.

It might be that only true seeing is not listed as power. Have not checked every other power.

I noticed I was getting rings that have no power in the description as loot since the update. Do not remember that from before the last update.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks, Nina.
    And you're right. Just checked, True Seeing doesn't show up as power on the ring.
    All the other stuff I normally use (resistances, extra elemental damage, etc) shows normally, so it doesn't effect all powers.

@doomtrader:
    Add that to your buglist, I guess that won't be hard to fix.

6. doomtrader

doomtrader Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    game developer
    Poland
    @Nullzone,
    Sorry I was a little out of the thread for some time.

I came to write that we are planning to release 1.3.2 for PC on Friday and will submit iOS and Android builds next week.
    Among bug fixes we are adding small feature that introduces possibility to turn off the Spell of Domination.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    No worries, I can imagine you folks are quite busy.
    Just promise not to listen to the Steam folks ;) I saw so many new "nerf this, nerf that" without rhyme or reason comments just over the last few weeks, I want to go over there and put them all in the naughty corner.

Do you have a rough idea how long it'll take you to fix all those small & medium bugs that are still left?

And new version sounds good, thanks for updating us!

8. doomtrader

Apr 15, 2013
    game developer
    Poland
    We would like to release a patch every couple of weeks (4-6). Programmer assigned for Planar is also working on new prototype we are starting, so he needs to split the time. We are not planning to nerf anything what couldn't be put into the difficulty settings.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Sounds good, all of it, thanks doomtrader.
    4-6 weeks is very reasonable.
    No more nerfs is great, fingers crossed you stick to it. Mind you, I'm not opposed to well-thought-out balance adjustments, quite the contrary. But the carpetbombed changes from the last update were not that.

Which reminds me: I'd still like to see a response to my comments on that. Particularly this http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3947208&postcount=1546 and this about a possibly broken RNG http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3966260&postcount=1698 .

New prototype? Sounds like you started on a new game. Are you free to share something already, e.g. what type of game it will be?

10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Planar Conquest has not done well enough to warrant async multiplayer for iOS, right? I fully understand your priorities, but I also cling naively to hope ;)

(A full 4X with asynchronous multiplayer is currently one of the last gaming voids left nearly unfulfilled - for those of us who have played Starbase Orion to complete exhaustion - on iOS. And Planar Conquest would have made an awe-inspiring candidate for some of the most complex, long-term, in-depth and other buzzword-filled gameplay to ever grace the platform. There is a likely small but highly dedicated player base who does not need our async turns to be brief and out matches to provide final gratification within the duration of a day, who takes week-long games over anything less.)

11. doomtrader

Apr 15, 2013
    game developer
    Poland
    1.3.2 for PC has been released recently.
    We are wrapping the iOS and Android version of the game now, so expect it really soon.

@Nullzone, I'll get somebody to answer your questions.

12. Nina_cooks

Nina_cooks Active Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Thank you

13. Nina_cooks

Nina_cooks Active Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Love the that if you kill an opponent hero you get any equipment the hero is using. Today is First time I got kill a hero and know that I got their equipment

Cool part of the game

14. faceleg

faceleg Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    Hey I didn't know this! Thanks Nina_cooks

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Fun stuff ;) Sadly, most of the time AI Heroes are seriously underdeveloped; I never encountered one that came even close to being a threat. I guess you need to get really lucky to get a worthwhile item from killing an AI Hero.

With having to wait a bit longer for Deep Paths, I might get around to another writeup.

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    [Play Report] Unhallowed Nina's Housing Strategy - Final Report

Which reminds me that I never posted a followup for my last Unhallowed game here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3958696&postcount=1691 .

Mostly because nothing special happened anymore.

The only thing of note was that for the first time ever I ran out of Mana:
    I burned through 1000-2000 Mana per turn, due to lots of expensive enchantments and combat casting, and ran out of starships to melt down.

Game ended on turn 141, and no remarkable resistance after the turn 100 post.
    Even the Darkelf Weavers were less of a threat than I thought: I just threw cheap units like Skele Archers at them; some usually survived the first round, and a high-powered Death Spell cuts through their spell resistance often enough that I didn't have to worry about them. If it wasn't enough, I just sent in more chaff armies until no Weavers were left.

Oh yes, the Phantom Lancers rocked as expected. If you play Unhallowed for brutal wins, they are the only unit you ever want or need to build for attacking armies.

17. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Can someone please let me know if this can be played in portrait on iPhone or if it's landscape only? Thanks

18. Scarletti

Scarletti Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Just tried it on my phone. Comes up in landscape. No option in settings for portrait.

19. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks a lot for checking for me #

20. doomtrader

Apr 15, 2013
    game developer
    Poland
    1.3.2a for Android has been already released, and iOS has been submitted to publisher.

Have fun.
    I'm going to GDC, so if somebody would like to give a five, just let me know.