iPad Plants vs Zombies (by Popcap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 14, 2010.

1. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Yes, I think you're right. My game hung (completely froze the iPod Touch) after updating, and I think that might've been where it happened. I had to cold start to get my device back. It froze just after the "lawn carpet" rolling sequence almost finished, when the zombie head pops up at the end, but before "tap to start" appeared. When I came back from that cold boot and restarted the game, it worked fine but my coins were gone/reset to minimal levels. It's not a big deal for me, as I have a full zen garden, so I'll just blow through some chocolate and farm until I get what I need. Everything else in the game seems to be fine.

2. Wow, retina ipad update looks awesome! Looks great on my new ipad!

3. Craddlecat

Craddlecat Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Does anyone know how to get endless mode on iPhone in the new update?

4. Lt. Templeton Peck

May 8, 2012
    You have to buy the Last Stand game pack from Crazy Dave's shop for 100,000 coins. Then from the main screen go to More Ways to Play, then Puzzle and then Last Stand. Complete the 5 Last Stand levels then you get endless mode.

5. Lt. Templeton Peck

May 8, 2012
    Game Center Achievements

Anyone else having trouble with the new achievements. "Still Standing" and "The Stuff of Legends" show in PvZ as complete but in Game Center they don't. I've even gone through completing all the Last Stand levels again and it still didn't register.

Bug?!?

6. kailak

kailak Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Wow! Retina
    looks damn good on my ipad!

7. Inqalexi

Inqalexi Member

Sep 5, 2012
    kailak

And my as well. I'm happy)

8. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

iCloud?

Hi there :)

Have they finally added iCloud or a different method to sync the progress between iPhone and iPad?

Bye,
    Oliver

9. MDavis360

MDavis360 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I have the same issue.

10. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Chinese versions have been updated with iPhone 5 4-inch screen support. Why still no English version update?

11. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    currently free!

12. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    #1292 Riotgirl, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    Currently broken [iPad]

A warning for any potential iPad users wishing to purchase the iPad HD version. The iPad HD version has been receiving a truck load of 1 stars because the game crashes and then continually crashes at the title screen.

I bought this game last night for my girlfriend (who is horrendously addicted - and thus, I can play Red Dead Redemption in peace), and experienced the exact same crashing issue after a few levels.

Soft reboot, hard reboot, delete and reinstall. Nada. Nothing works.

Sent email to developers via official form, so I would advise potential purchasers to wait for any update to fix this issue.

13. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    I seen that too, but for me it was some theme addon i had when applied. I have JB Ipad 4th gen.

14. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    I have good news: an update went live over the weekend, which has resolved the bug. My girlfriend usurped my iPad 2 to play and I can confirm that the game works when you quit and re-start i.e. you can proceed past the title screen without crashing to desktop (iPad equivalent).

15. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Iphone 5 support!!!!

16. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I take it back, the screenshots show iphone 5 support but I just played it and it was still letter box, I don't know what's going on with the game.

17. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Downloading it now, oddly enough app shopper showed the updated version BEFORE the AppStore did.

18. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Didn't they say the other day on the podcast, that this game was pulled from the App Store? And today we get an update. Hmm.

19. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Didn't they say the other day on the podcast, that this game was pulled from the App Store? And today we get an update. Hmm

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm catching up on the TA podcasts and they mentioned P vs Z was removed. Well it's back now. I don't know if everyone was already aware of this :)