Platforms Unlimited by XperimentalZ Games. Beta Testers Needed!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by XperimentalZ, Dec 4, 2013.

?

So, You'll try Platforms Unlimited when it's out?

1. Yeah! Whatever paying model it has!

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Only if it is paid (IAP does not matter to me)

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Only if it is paid (without IAP)

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  4. Only if it is freemium (one form or another)

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. Not sure

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. No, sorry!

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. KTurner23

KTurner23 Member

Dec 6, 2013
    I downloaded the new update... Only had one small glitch on one game. Wasn't sure if it was my phone or the game. Almost like my screen lagged or hesitated.

2. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    Isolated hiccups can be normal. If it keeps doing that, or if you have a general impression that something worst is happening compared to before, please let me know!

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Another small suggestion: a countdown on the dailies screen so players know how much longer they have to play the levels

Also do you handcraft the dailies or does the game just pick a randomized level? I personally would like to see more dailies, maybe six (two for each tier)

4. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Dailies should be harder..or have a super hard 4th one..!

5. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Indeed, that would be nice.

Dailies are created by always creating them with the same the with the same random seed, so we have an unlimited supply :).

The number is totally open to change, its more a question of balancing. Too few and people are left on their appetite, too many and the task will seem too big and won't compel people to come back everyday. If I eventually send a list of questions to testers, it could be one of them.

Or the number could be expandable to adapt to everyone, like unlock a new daily for a few coins? Or complete dailies 2-3 days in a row to unlock a tier 2?

Once again, the procedural nature of the game makes it so that on some days, the dailies will be easy and on some other days they'll be super hard. However their duration can be changed. They used to be longer before beta but I thought they should be made shorter. That's also open for debate :).

6. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Maybe since they are random you could just keep the distance timers going so players could compete for longest distance after finish line..
    Side note: after I play this for more than an hour straight I experience some groovy visual side effects..things move and vibrate by themselves-like wow.. ;) takes a few minutes to get back to normal..and no I didn't take shrooms..

7. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #87 XperimentalZ, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    There's no such thing as daily GC leaderboard which wipe themselves out every day, so there goes the daily competition :(

As long as your floor does not turn red and fall :p

8. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I've just launched up and noticed a bit of a 'jump' on the rainbow trail when doing consecutive jumps.

I'm not sure how the game develops in endless, but personally, I'd like a more fast-paced mode. That 'super-hexagon-y' fast-paced twitchy genre is something that is pretty popular at the moment, I think it'd suit this quite well. Otherwise, so far so good :)

9. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Woah, cool game! This triggered a sequence of tests on my side. I could not make it work for various reasons but I'll continue to think about it.

10. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    It turns out the bug where I am falling through platforms is still present on my iPhone 4.

11. Bronxsta

I feel the dailies should be more challenging. I beat the most recent three in less than five minutes.

12. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Arghh! The bugger does not show up on our devices so it makes it nasty to obliterate. We'll figure out something, thanks for reporting!

13. SonixManix

Nov 21, 2013
    No problem! :)

14. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    I thought that today's second daily was nice, especially with the tricky part around 92%.

Anyway, it's a good point to raise but it is hard to get a statistical sense of what people think from here. So, this will be part of the questions sent to testers. But they will be sent after missions and upgrades get tested, because the general appreciation of the game might change.

Moreover, I was thinking of perhaps adding a lot of coins in dailies, those coins being linked to the daily rewards. The more you get, the greater the reward so this would add re-playability. Once again, this could change how dailies are perceived.

15. SonixManix

Nov 21, 2013
    I was THIS close to throwing my iPhone at 92... I eventually beat it though, after tons and tons of stress & almost tears. Love this game.

16. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Yay, that's what i thought, a super meat boy difficulty game!
    When you cry, curse, swear but still play it, since it's awesome.
    On the top of wishlist now :)

17. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    A new build is ready!

- Added Kamcord support with which you can watch replays and share video
    - The 'pass through platforms' bug should now be squashed. If you ever see that again, please don't mention it to me.! Just kidding.
    - Changed the way the trail was draw
    - Made the game a bit faster and tighter by increasing the density of action. Please Let me know if this goes in the right direction.

This last item rerolled today's dailies. I think the devil sneaked into the daily 2.

18. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    It seems the game crashes on resumption (exit and reenter) when the Kamcord UI is open.

I'm not sure if it's the platform falling bug (but upwards...) in the replay "endless, score 10" (forgot to change the title).

Another issue with the trail is that it drifts slightly and is not relative to the platforms.

19. Bronxsta

I like this new and improved Platform U. Had to play a few rounds to get the timing down again due to the faster speed

Haven't tried the replay function yet, so I can't say if it crashes for me also.

Also like the little slide out menu for the challenges. One suggestion I'd make is for the challenges to be visible on the pause menu so you could track your progress towards the challenges while playing

Also not sure how hard this would be to implement but I'd love to see more "technical" obstacles. For example, a narrow corridor where you have to precisely bounce off the ceiling to avoid red squares, or less uniform groups of red squares that you have to precisely jump through. Not sure I'm clear with that explanation

20. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks for reporting the bugs! And oops about the new trail, I forgot to test it on iPad and it's completely messed-up. Easy fixes but I don't want to poke everyone again for that, i'll include them in the next big build!