Universal Plax - New Endless 'Score Attack' Game by 3Arts Studio - Available May 1st

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Raph3Arts, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinshuksunil

kinshuksunil Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Male
    Makes Games at Hashstash
    India
    Applied for the beta :)

2. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

#22 Raph3Arts, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    So the controls are pretty simple. You have two options you can choose and alternate from :

1- Tap & drag one finger on one side of the screen to control both plaxes (player) at the same time. The plax on the same side of the screen will move to your finger, while the other one will be at the opposite of the plax you are controlling. (You can see it in action in the last game we play on the video, green background)

2- Tap & drag two fingers on both side of the screen to control each plax individually. The plax will move to your finger movement. This option offers a great control and is a great way to eat & avoid upcoming obstacles individually, but requires a lot of coordination! (This option can be seen throughout the video, notice the two line streak on both side of the screen)

Currently, the plaxes move depending on your finger movement, and is not facing your finger. Which means that at each frame, the game will take your current finger position, calculate the difference in pixel between that position and the previous one, and apply the movement to the Plax.

But we have plan to make other control schemes. For example, absolute position, which means that the plax will always face your finger. We will see how the beta goes!

I hope it is now clear for you how the game controls haha! :) If you want to see it by yourself, you can also apply for the beta test if you want, just send us your information!

I must say I was surprised not to see you around, welcome aboard! :) We haven't still started the beta yet, so you can definitely apply, and we will take you for sure! We badly need someone with an iPhone 3GS, and a Non-Retina Mini is more than welcome! Just send us your informations as requested in the first post! ;)

Thanks for your interest! :) We'll definitely consider your application and contact you soon enough!

Have an awesome Sunday guys! :D

3. Raph3Arts

Hey guys! :D We'll launch the Beta phase this Wednesday, March 26th! So check your emails often! Good luck everyone and we can't wait to get your comments! :)

4. Raph3Arts

This is it! We just sent out the Beta invitation to everyone who was selected to participate to the Beta Test! Go check out your email to see if you have been selected! :D We'll start rolling out the first build later on today! Hope you'll like it! :)

5. Warbird1500

Warbird1500 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    USA
    First impressions:

First of all, I would like to say fans of Super Hexagon or games of the sort should not hesitate to play this game. It's a one touch control system, tilting around and dodging the deadly triangles, along with lasers, occasionally finding some power ups that throw you into 'Frenzy mode' (where there are no obstacles, only orbs). The objective is to collect as many orbs as you can, while surviving as long as you can.

I have one small problem, however. I enjoyed the game, along with the gameplay and song and everything..and maybe this is just part of the difficulty of the game. But when the single triangles come out of the middle circle, they give no warning. They just appear, and it becomes quite stressful when you can dodge lasers and 8 triangles when they come all together, but you get hit by the single triangle. Maybe have the triangles come from the edge of the left and right sides rather than from the middle?

Anyway, loving it so far. It's a score attack game, that's for sure. Keeps me playing to improve. I wish you luck in further development. :)

6. Raph3Arts

#26 Raph3Arts, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Yeah, this is definitely a problem! However, the indicator is currently reserved to the special triangles (The Wave, the giant one, the "homing" triangle, and the boomerang triangle) so using it also for the regular triangles would lead to a misinformation! What we could do, however, is either reduce the blob's size, or reduce the speed of the triangles! What do you think?

EDIT : Or we can just show the tip of the triangle before it starts moving?

Also, thank you for your comments! :) We've put a lot of effort in the visual, gameplay and music! We'll try to balance the game to make it perfectly playable!

7. Warbird1500

Jul 8, 2011
    USA
    I think making the speed slower would definitely be one way to go. Increasing the speed the longer you survive. :)

8. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Hello, thanks for letting me try your game. I have two questions for this game:
    - is there any way to destroy other circle with spirit like us?
    - I don't get it how to destroy the triangle yet. The first tutorial didn't clearly show how to do it properly. At first, I thought I need to drag my circle quickly into it, but I don't think it works :confused:

Suggestion:
    Will be the background color change time after time we play? Or only orange theme that we get inside? I haven't know it yet, I can survive for about 37 seconds only so far. Gonna play this more. :)

9. Raph3Arts

Absolutely! Awesome idea, we'll do that! :)

- Yes, these are other plaxes spawned by the blob. To destroy them you must have 'stored' plaxies equal to its number or higher.
    - To destroy the triangles, you must have 5 plaxies stored. Otherwise, your only option is to avoid them!

This concept of 'stored' plaxies have been explained in the tutorial, and I agree it wasn't so clear what you had to do, but this is a really hard concept for us to explain (Our native language is french). Any suggestion is more than welcome! We HAVE to make the tutorial better! :)

Actually, you get a new background color everytime you relaunch the app, but I this is a really nice idea! We'll make the color change every X points or Y time to another random color!

Thank you guys you're awesome! :D

10. Raph3Arts

Hi guys! We just sent you a new build! :D Here's what on this new version :

v0.95.2 :
    - Game color now changes each 30 points while in-game
    - Frenzy Mode now changes the color madly!
    - Trax spawn slower
    - Two New Trax patterns
    - Blob & HUD bounces to the beat!
    - Added Share Button to game over screen
    - New music and sounds arrangement
    - Small visual tweak
    - Minor bug fixed

Also, please don't forget to send us your feedbacks as much as possible, we really want to know your comments about the game! We listen to them all in order to make the best game possible!

Thank you and most importantly, HAVE FUN! :D

Have a nice week end!

11. Warbird1500

Jul 8, 2011
    USA
    I'm crashing upon launch after updating. iOS 7.1, iPod Touch 5. /:

12. Raph3Arts

Fixed! I just sent you the patch! Sorry about that :)

13. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    The game works like a charm on the iPhone 4 (ios 7.1). I haven't encountered any bugs yet. Maybe some achievements could be great. I also think that this game could be easier on a bigger screen. My fingers hide a big shunk of the screen, but other than that it is really good. I keep playing to see if there are bugs in it ;-)

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This is fantastic! (But lacking bacon :()

It's a really awesome twitch game that requires a lot of skill for sure! I love how hectic it gets later on, and all the unique obstacles/enemies keep things feeling fresh! (Like bacon)

15. Raph3Arts

Thank you miroa! :) The game is indeed 'easier' on bigger screen (iPhone 5 and iPads), because there's more space for the fingers to move! But we're currently trying to find a way to fix that for smaller screens. We have some ideas and we'll try to integrate it in future updates! As for the achievements, there are some in the game currently, maybe you don't see them because you are not logged in Game Center (GC in Sandbox mode is really buggy so maybe it's better this way for you)

Awww I'm sorry JCho, maybe we will add a Bacon achievement, who knows, that could be a nice 'Easter Egg' ;) But thank you! We're working hard on making this game, and seeing comments like yours is really awesome! :)

Have a nice sunday, Touchers! :D

16. SIRD4SH

SIRD4SH Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Are you going to add more gamemodes? Its very fun as it is. The art style reminds me of pivvot, while the gameplay reminds me of orbsorb, but it feels like a completely different game! But more gamemodes would make this even more perfect than it already is. Also im a big fan of the music and how everything moves and bounces to it. Nice touch!

17. kinshuksunil

kinshuksunil Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Male
    Makes Games at Hashstash
    India
    this game is brilliant.. the art is amazing and the gameplay is simple yet challenging.. i am pretty much addicted to it right now..

i will leave more feedback as I play it more..

are you folks collecting any analytics from the game?

18. Raph3Arts

Currently, there is no other game modes planned for the release of the game, but it's definitely something we'd like to add in future updates if the game does well on the App Store! Like a time attack and score attack mode! Also thank you for your comments! :)

Wow thank you, it's really nice to see more and more people being addicted to this game, that's the feeling we want to create! :) Unfortunately we didn't included analytics, yet! The only kind of 'analytics' we have right now is Game Center haha :p

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What's the benefit of destroying Trax?

20. Raph3Arts

It's required for some achievements and stats, but mainly it gives you 5 points, which can be really useful to build up a nice combo and score big points! So instead of rushing on plaxies, when you already have 5, you can destroy a Trax, which will gives you 5 points instead of 1. This adds some score attack strategy that only the best will master! :)