Universal Plax - New Endless 'Score Attack' Game by 3Arts Studio - Available May 1st

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Raph3Arts, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I would love to participate in the beta

2. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

#42 Raph3Arts, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Please send us your Device, iOS version and TestFlight email address in PM and we'll be happy to welcome you in our team! :)

3. Pmed you, thanks!

4. Raph3Arts

#44 Raph3Arts, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    We sent you an invitation on TestFlight! Can't wait to get your comments!

To all beta testers : Do you prefer receiving multiple build with little modifications or only one massive build every week?

5. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    One massive build :)

I finally saw an achievement! The Game Center bugged.

6. Raph3Arts

Yeah, Game Center is really buggy on iOS 7.x, even more when the app is running in Sandbox mode! We're currently in discussion with Apple to know if there's something we can do to fix this but it seems like a server bug!

Also, we are preparing another build for you all adding some nice improvements and new "Blob Powers". There's also some tweaks on the gameplay that makes it even more harder!

We should send it out to you on wednesday, and each wednesday you should get a new build with all the modifications! :)

7. SIRD4SH

SIRD4SH Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Could we maybe get some sort of warning for when the trax are about to burst out? I find them moving too fast to react to at times. This might just be my reflexes being horrible, but just wanted to throw that out there just in case xD

8. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Plax ? That's a brand named mouthwash in the UK.

9. Raph3Arts

#49 Raph3Arts, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Like I explained before, the warnings are currently reserved to Plax spawning and patterns, so it won't be possible to add warning, as this would confuse the player. However, we will tweak their speed so they burst out slower than they do right now, I agree with you that they travel pretty fast haha, but this is part of the game's difficulty so we have to find them a good speed! :)

Geeeeee... Should have made an extensive research haha! But we'll break this convention and now Plax will be associated to a wonderful iOS game! :)

10. Raph3Arts

Hi guys! :)

As promised, I just sent you a new build of the game! Here's the changes :

v0.97 :
    - Frenzy mode is frenzier!
    - Laser is ‘shakier’
    - New Blob Power : Rage
    - Modified Trax Explosion
    - New colors *o*
    - Fixed iPad Bugs
    - Fixed a bug where Protectors didn’t gave game points
    - Fixed Protector removal animation
    - About Us Screen Finished (your names are all there! :) )
    - Tweaked game speed and objects movement

Have fun! :)

I'll try to make a new gameplay video soon for those who has not made it in the Beta test to show all the changes we've made since the first video!

11. Raph3Arts

Hi guys! It's Build Day! Here what we got prepared for you this week :

v0.98 :
    - Tip of the day : Receive everyday a new tip to teach you how to become the best!
    - New Trax Patterns
    - Fixed Boomerang Trax
    - New sound effects
    - Fixed syntax of share option
    - Added GameCenter button to Game Over screen
    - Modified & Finished Tutorial
    - Changed iCloud option button
    - It’s now possible to listen to other Music while playing (But not recommended ;))
    - Fixed Bugs when Music app was running and then quitted
    - Removed GameCenter button from Stats and added to Main Menu
    - Added Share option for Best Score and Best Time in Stats screen
    - Changed Buttons for How To play and About Us in Main menu
    - Animated Main menu mini buttons
    - Blob now has a timer, which triggers a power if nothing happened in the last 25 seconds. It’s deadly :)
    - Some other minor game balancement!

Have fun! :)

We're still open to comments and suggestions! :)

12. Raph3Arts

Hi guys! :) We have finally decided a release date for our game : May 1st! Write it down, it's gonna be epic! :D

We've submitted a build to Apple for review, and we'll probably send another one next week to fix some other little bugs if we find some, so we'll be sure that at least one version will be approved by May 1st!

Hope you'll enjoy our game, we think that it's mind-blowing! :)

Have an awesome weekend!

P.S I'll post a new Gameplay video this weekend, and the official trailer will come a little after! So stay tuned! :)

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So let me see if I got the gameplay so far.

-Move the two plaxes to intercept bubbles but avoid trax and other plaxes.
    -If feeling bold you can intercept trax when you have exactly 5 bubbles in your plax.
    -If feeling bold you can intercept another plax AS LONG AS you have more bubbles in your plax.

Can an enemy plax ever have 5 bubbles inside, and if so, how could you kill it?

14. Raph3Arts

Absolutly, you got it all! :) However, Plax can also be destroyed if you have the same amount of dots (plaxie) inside you! And no, enemy plax can only have up to 4 plaxies, so it's always possible to destroy them!

There's also the lasers, which are totallty fatal! And the Blob can go in a rage and shoot you around 5 trax/second! Pretty hard to avoid! :)

And finally, the trax can make a special pattern, but I'll let you discover them! :)

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Any chance we could get 1.5x sensitivity?

16. Raph3Arts

Totally :) It's done, not really hard to implement haha!

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha thanks! 1x was too little, and 2x was too much, ya know? I guess you can just call me goldilocks

18. Alright! Thanks for the notice! Good luck with the launch.

19. Raph3Arts

Haha at least you know exactly what you want! ;) But seriously, that's nice to get feedbacks from different people, so this way we can make a game that fits the needs of almost every players! We've also added the option to change the sensivity in the pause menu, so you can see the difference right away and there's no need to always go back to option menu!

20. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!

After a lot of hard work (and a little delay, sorry) we finally have an official trailer for the game. Take a look at it, we think it's reaaaally epic, just like our game! :D

We also had the confirmation from Apple yesterday that our app is ready to be released on the AppStore! Only two weeks left, be prepared!

Finally, for the beta testers, we'll send you another build later on tonight fixing some little bugs. This will be, unfortunately, the last wednesday you'll receive a build. We'll continue to update the game, and we'll send you builds, but on a non-regular basis! Hope you liked working with us all! :)

Share your thoughts! :)