Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    #1981 Jinathin_x_X, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    Okay so notice one of those demo I saw, weapon wheel had 10 slots counting fire axe.
    And videos I have seen around now, only has 9 weapons!

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/ResistanceBurningSkies/18975Resistance%20Burning%20Skies%20Gamescom%20Demo%20Interior%20Explosion.jpg
    ^this is the gun that is missing

So it has bulls eye, carbine, hunter, augar, dead eye(sniper), Shotgun, chain gun, rocket launcher and fire axe!
    I wonder what the hell happened to that gun...

****name of that gun is C.F.G

2. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    #1982 LucianOrb, May 27, 2012
    Am I the only one not impressed at all with those Resistance screenshots? Don't get me wrong, I'll buy it anyway, love the series and quite sure it will have great gameplay, but on the graphics front... meh, just meh. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Rage (the PS3 one, evidently, not the on-rails iOS crap) :)

3. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I think Im just gonna stick with Resistance and MGS for the next couple weeks. i really want Gravity Rush but the gameplay looks kind of lame. All it's looked like is aiming and ramming, am I missing something?

4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    #1984 Slapshot, May 27, 2012
    There's a demo of it coming out this Tuesday. Personally, I loved Gravity Rush from what I played at the Gamestop demo. It's a blend of open-world gameplay, a structured story line and some RPG elements thrown in (leveling up, skills, etc). What sells me the most about it is that it's creative with it's story, game world, and art style. It just looks like something new and fresh, which is why I'm picking it up. It currently has a Metacritic score of 87 which is pretty damn good. 2nd highest rated Vita game, just a point behind Rayman Origins.

5. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Maybe I just saw some bad gameplay vids. I love the movement, gravity manipulation, and style of the world, but the only combat I saw she just rammed everything with no variance. I wanted to see some magic, super moves, or something of that sort. Am I just seeing the wrong videos?

6. The combat does look shallow, but honestly, I doubt many people will be getting Gravity Rush for the action. It's just such a unique concept that would work very well for a portable system.

7. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I personally don't think I would get gravity rush.
    Well it depends on when cod, warrior's lair and killzone games come out

8. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
  9. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    It's called a rumor/leak. These games are going to be proven real or fake next week at E3.

10. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
  11. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    On the one hand, that's a pretty harsh review. On the other hand, it's Jim Sterling...

E3 might end up being awesome this year. Between games like this and Sony partnering with a cloud gaming service, the Vita's outlook could pick up really quickly.

12. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

13. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I have to disagree with you,
    Well nova 3 is a good game for the price
    But resistance is better so far. Graphics?
    Well I have 4S and nova 3 on 4S frame rate is not good, and also graphics I would say its bit better. Sure textures for the car and walls are not well detailed, but that same goes for nova 3.
    You can compare all you want but that's the true fact.

14. LittleBigPlanet Vita beta videos are starting to leak.

15. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    First of all not trying to be a fanboy but he is typical reviewer just like people from IGN
    Lack of originally? Well duh this is FPS series.
    Touch controls? Don't even know how that could be taking down the scores.
    Graphics? Sure it has crappy walls and car textures but other than that it's still pretty good. And it's made by studio that NEVER WORKED WITH FPS GAMES.
    It's not bad at all. What a graphic whore

16. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Coolio. Looks pretty sweet

17. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    The Destructoid review made it sound horrible, but like someone mentioned before, it was written by Jim Sterling- pretty much a professional troll that says controversial things for page views- unless he's paid off or given gifts by the devs/publisher.

Honestly, I haven't seen any of the things he complained about in his review in gameplay videos- except for low detail on NPCs/some objects. Still, haven't seen much of the game, so what he's saying could be true.

Playstation Lifestyle also released their review, and they gave it an 8.5. Really torn on this game- don't know whether I should get it or not. Might just get Gravity Rush instead.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/05/28/resistance-burning-skies-review-vita/

18. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Well his points are just dumb as ####
    It's obv devs are gonna make us use touch screen
    I wouldn't say it's too bad touch controls, sure it could have been better but I don't think its that bad at all
    I don't even wanna say anymore from now, just download the demo and see the gameplay videos and decide for yourself, it's a great game. Not perfect but great first FPS Game for vita

19. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Oh I know that Sterling is a habitual contrarian, and I also take any review that just bitches about controls with a touch screen with a grain of salt: I'm an iOS enthusiast, just like everyone on this thread, and thus can put up with touch screen controls pretty well. I am however disappointed that the campaign seems to be so short, but I'll definitely give the demo a try.