Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    I believe that call of duty won't save vita at all but look
    -ps1 classic coming on august 28th
    -cross buy-buy cross play game on ps3 and get vita version for free
    -playstation mobile
    -playstation plus coming to the vita
    -New R&C game for ps3&Vita
    -####ing amazing trailer of killzone

Vita won't die lol

3. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

#2763 mashead2000, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #2764 S.I.D. CrAzY, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    Tearaway looks interesting, might get that when it comes out.

Killzone looks nice as well, however I'm not a Killzone fan, so I might have to pass.

I'm not seeing anything on Call of Duty: Burning Skies... ;) that would make me buy it. At least not at full price.

What I'm looking forward to is Playstation Mobile(whenever thats ready), I'm always playing some iOS game that I think about how awesome this game would be with proper controls.

Hopefully we'll see some of those games ported over.

5. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    They could only manage 4v4 multiplayer on Call Of Duty... ?!? I'm fast running out of reasons to keep hold of my Vita.

6. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Killzone and Assassin's creed are first day for me. Tearaway looks interesting and i'll wait to see more . I also really want soul sacrifice so at least the vita, in the end, won't be a huge waste of money and i hope that Capcom will eventually bring something cool to it .

I have to say though , the COD game for vita looked atrocious , like the resistance game . Sony should have asked activision to try a little harder, the graphics of this game are pathetic and i wouldn't be surprised if modern combat 4 kills it in that department . Seems like we'll be waiting until killzone is released for a good vita FPS which is sad cause fps control like a dream with vita (at least compared to every handheld device in the market) .

7. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Hmmm... dunno what to think about Nihilistic developing Call of Duty. I think it may turn out to be good, because Resistance: BS was almost great- they just made several bad decisions/mistakes. If it has a zombies mode like previous Call of Duty games (not counting the DS versions), then I'll prolly buy it. But there hasn't been any info on it yet.

Dunno about that. Call of Duty: Roads to Victory (PSP) wasn't very good, though it had some really good parts (the Bomber mission was awesome!). Doubt Declassified will be that bad though- Nihilistic isn't as bad of a developer as Amaze is.

Also, really excited about the newly announced Cross Buy program- cool that Sony is doing something similar to Apple with universal games. Also like how they announced that Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault is coming to the Vita in a kind of roundabout way. Now I don't have to worry about choosing one version over another when I'm buying Playstation All-Stars and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. You have to buy the PS3 version to get both though. Also probably doesn't work with used copies of the game.

The new Killzone looks really good-already looks better than Uncharted and way better than Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified. Conspiracy Theory: Guerrilla games somehow got Nihilistic to develop Resistance and Call of Duty to make their game- Killzone Mercenary look better, JK.

Tear Away looks cool too.

There's also a new Assassin's Creed: Liberation trailer

Sorry about the long post. I knew they were going to save all the good stuff for Gamescom and (probably) TGS.

8. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Bought a ps vita yesterday, standing in line at Wally world to return it now for a ps3. Thing was lame.

9. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Have good time with your ps3 and you will rage when ps4 hits next year

10. mashead2000

Haha funny...
    Go listen to some Dubstep?

Get an xbox not ps3

11. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Sony's conference today was very hit and miss for me. I loved that they actually dedicated some time to the Vita, which could be a hint for the future (E3 for PS3, Gamescom for Vita, I dunno).

Assassin's Creed Liberation was definitely the best game shown today, in my opinion. We've seen loads of it before and it keeps looking awesome.

Killzone was a huge surprise and I really can't wait for that. I like that it's being developed by the original team (I think), so it should be good.

Call of Duty was a nice reveal at the end, but I think they should have played the Killzone trailer instead as a cool way to end the show. CoD was bitterly disappointing. 4v4 - seriously? I'm not asking for 64-player online but at least 6v6 like Mondern Combat. Jheez.

The graphics looked quite bad, too. I expected something crisp and console-quality. It got worse when I found out that it's being developed by the Resistance team. That clearly shows how the Vita will probably be treated from now on.

Of course, I hope I'm really really wrong. I hope CoD is awesome but from that little trailer, it doesn't look so.

As for PlayStation Mobile - eh. That's exactly what I intended to avoid when I purchased a Vita. Little mobile games that run and feel better on my smartphone. But I guess I should have looked into the games available before I bought it.

12. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Apparently Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is getting delayed to 2013. I'm fine with that- so many Vita games coming this fall.

13. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    And that's what happens if you let NS make FPS games... At least vita is also getting R&C!
    But yeah, I think Sony just wants to shut down NS but doesn't have enough reason. So trust me, after this game NS will be gone for good

14. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    It's so f-king true.. I am pretty sure (betting 100%) that killzone won't come out before call of duty... I just hope playstation all starts comes out before cod, or otherwise I will get the game, easy platinum trophy(hey, only thing I like about NS!) resell it and wait for next game

15. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Sony doesn't own Nihilistic Software though. They've just had them develop a few games for them. Also, I don't think it was Sony who put Nihilistic in charge of Declassified- seems like Activision probably had more to do with it. I guess Sony could've got Activision on board and said 'hey, these guys aren't half bad' and shown them some Resistance: Burning Skies gameplay.

16. mashead2000

17. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Go to the playstationblog... They have interview infos saying its being developed by NS.. /sigh
    But guys what I heard from so far
    -kills streak
    -prestige lvl
    -TDM, kill confirm, drop zone and more modes

So... If all these infos true... I would believe it since its been posted on playstation blog..
    I think only major let down I will be having here is the 4vs4 MP :\
    I really hope they can make it to 6vs6... And I mean psp MoH had 16vs16!!

18. mashead2000

Is anyone annoyed that the cross buy thing is PS3 and get the Vita free-this will be a download and i think its a big ploy to sell more memory cards!
    Think ill pass if i get a game it will be purposely for Vita and dnt want a PS3 game to collect dust, unless i trade that one in straight away and get my money back? Just seems a dumb idea-
    Buyin the Vita cartridge and getting the PS3 download free seems better-we all have big harddrives on our PS3 consoles to actually fit the game...

19. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I did enjoy resistance while it lasted which wasn't long, but I'm really dismayed to see Nihilistic are the ones working on COD, the cutscenes in Resistance are shameful quality on the cartridge I bought, I've seen people trying to defend it as old style footage but old Video didn't have compression blocks all over the screen so that's a stupid argument.

If COD is another tiny 8 level game then I won't be buying it, it's ridiculous when even the PSP had full console campaigns we are now expected to pay more for less.

20. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm pretty sure they've copy & pasted a few of the environmental elements from Resistance straight into COD. That blue car and bus look awfully familiar.