Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Ok, so Sf x Tekken has restored my faith in the Vita, and to a certain extent, Capcom. This port is flawless imo, everything runs quickly and controls feel as tight as with a ps3/360 pad. Contrary to the review i read, added touch controls work well. I've disabled the back touch panel and just keep the front touch buttons on.

Overall i much prefer SF4 to these crossover games. The two online bouts i've played have been on the laggy side (tho one was a 4 player scramble battle). But regardless, this is soo polished and feature rich, and on par with the 'console' versions for playability.

It's taken 5 months, but i finally have a reason to switch on my Vita. Anyone who thinks ios versions come close to this vita experience must be on some serious medication. :D

2. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Today is a good day...

Picture.jpg

Target Buy 2, get 1 free deal.

3. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    I find myself keep playing more and more. I hate playing ranked match sometimes. Running into some jackasses who lives in middle of no where. Have they have like 1 bar wi fi connection.

4. MicroByte

Quick impressions of NFSMW.

* Resolution is not native
    * Day and night cycles
    * Framerate seems solid
    * Cars handle great - doesn't seem to be the option to customize controls though
    * Traffic - I've seen some points where there are 5 - 8 cars (close and far) on screen at once
    * Seemingly huge area to explore, lot's of collectables (ala Burnout)

This was my most anticipated game this fall honestly, and so far I am walking away impressed. The graphics aren't the best, but with so much area to cover, explore and collect, it feels like it's just going to be fun messing around. I honestly only did the introductory race and spent the other time driving.

5. Adam666

Adam666 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Thanks for the clear/helpfull impression :)

do you have any thoughts on Assassins creed 3: liberation?
    I look forward to the gameplay/graphics of both games, but i cant decide which one to buy...

6. MicroByte

I haven't opened AC3 yet. I'm at work and only played NFS during my lunch break since I could jump in and go whereas AC3 would be a little more involved.

Something else I wanted to add, you can switch to any car you've already found on the fly so you don't have to drive back to find it again or store it in a garage - this is nice!

7. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Hey guys, sorry ive been busying so only lurking lately. Looking to add some of your kind faces to my psn friends list. Right now Im working my way through little big planet and need someone to do coop with. Shoot me a request on PSN, my name is NewCruelty and just mention your from TA.

Thanks a ton :D

8. That sounds awesome. I'm still waiting for the PS Store to update though so I can get a digital copy.

9. MicroByte

Found a minor glitch with the Camaro. Seems at night when you hit the brakes, the license plate light light's up as well. Very minor detail that made me stop playing completely. :p

Found that races can be restarted on the fly as well so you don't have to drive back to the starting position if you lose.

I know people will complain about the resolution and even the detail in the game, but man is it fun.

10. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    I know, though i wonder how much of that is down the the Vita wifi issue i have where i only get 1 bar unless in the same room as my router. This is through a stud wall too... Ipad always picking up max/2. :confused:

11. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Not a Vita issue. It's wifi reciever is designed to pick up only strong signals of wifi connection, were as apple devices are able to pick up weaker strands and stronger strands

12. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I've seen people complain about the wifi before but I always have full bars on a normal linksys router. Ironically though my entire net went down the last time I was playing Fifa online.

Happier to read the WRC tracks are free DLC I was under the impression you had to pay for them, but still doesn't bode well for the game it makes me think it's probably another half finished one and I can still remember a lot of Wipeout DLC promised that we will now never get. I'll probably still buy it though just because it's a rally game.

13. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    If that's the case then it is a Vita issue, as that's poor design by default. I can think of 5 wifi devices that have never had an issue connecting to my network. It's a small 1 bed flat so reception is good everywhere, except with the Vita. And it's not just my network, i've tried my Vita on various wifi networks and signal is never great unless within 5 meters of the router. Sony assure me nothing is wrong, so.... :confused: anyway, old ground, but i'm defo not the only one with this 'issue'.

14. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Loving nfs most wanted. Back ground music is awesome too!

15. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    #3335 tygamr, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    Finished Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward this evening. One of the BEST games I have played this year! You guys ought to check it out, unless you hate adventure games. Everyone should at least try the demo.

I'm probably going to pick up AC:L, NFS:MW, and RO by the end of the week. Good thing Target has a B2G1 deal this week (which I see some other people have taken advantage of). Hopefully they have RO in stores... they probably don't though, as it's listed as online only on their site. Whatever.

16. MicroByte

I cannot stop playing NFS. I tried a little of AC3 and Ragnarok last night, but find myself wanting to just drive and explore.

AC3 looks really good, screenshots do not do it justice. The town is really populated and I haven't noticed anything significantly wrong with framerate issues like I read about. The story is pretty interesting so far as well. It definitely feels like and AC console game, much better than the PSP one. It controls great and I have nothing to complain about thus far.

RO will take some time to get into. It's like a more action packed Monster Hunter feeling game rather than a traditional action RPG. I never could get into MH, so I'm a little undecided about RO at this point. I definitely like that there is more action though.

Sad to say, I'm really considering Lego LoTR for today. I'm a sucker for these Lego games and the LoTR in general.

17. I bought Need for Speed Most Wanted and Ragnarok Odyssey yesterday. RO is about what I expected, a much faster-paced Monster Hunter game with light RPG elements. There are no levels as far as I can tell, and your stats never increase (except for HP/AP maybe). Instead, you collect cards that you can slot onto your armor to increase your abilities. That mechanic increases the difficulty a bit, which I saw was a concern in many reviews.

As for NFSMW, I've only spent about an hour in it so far. I don't mind the sub-native resolution graphics, but I was hoping at least the menus would be in native resolution. They're not, and the text size is a bit too small for me. Besides that, I have no problems with the game at all.

Those two combined with Okami HD should keep me busy until the next wave of Vita games in November.

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Lol, all this talk of Ragnarok Odyssey makes me think of all the fun times I had playing Ragnarok Online :p

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I have to disagree about AC3. I've only spent about 30 minutes with it, so I can't really speak about gameplay per se, but visually it's pretty disappointing. The character models are coarse and fairly low-polygon, with the faces reaching Gameloft quality. The resolution is definitely not native, and everything looks like there's gauze over the lens, as it where. None of that would matter as much if the framerate were consistent, but it isn't, and it never pops over 30 FPS in any event. The variable framerate gets in the way of the controls (IMO), making quick leap sequences kind of a gamble (can't say how it affects the combat, since I've been only in one fight so far, and it was over very quickly).

What I do like is how alive the streets feel, though like in other ACs, NPC models repeat fairly often and you basically have zero interaction with them. Character movement and animation is top-notch, though nowhere near as smooth as what you see in the full console releases. The story seems to have an emotional core to it, and the writing so far seems polished. I also like the variety of the gameplay (the use of disguises to "blend in" is cool).

All in all AC: L strikes me as a cut above the other high-profile Vita releases. But considering the near-console price, the game (so far) seems like a disappointing mixed bag. I am hoping that I will see things differently once I put in a few more hours, though.

20. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I've finally decided to get rid of my PS Vita. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic piece of hardware but I just never really bother with it anymore. It's sat unused for a while now and I just don't see any games on the horizon that I'm interested in (well, Killzone maybe but one game is not enough). Since it launched I've amassed a few games:

• Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    • Resistance: Burning Skies
    • Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    • Unit 13
    • Rayman Origins
    • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    • Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    • Several PSone and PSP games

Uncharted is really the only games that made me go, "Wow" and since then, my interest in the device has dwindled significantly. I'll still keep my 3DS for the time being because I've grown up with Nintendo since the 80's NES era, so I'm a sucker for their first party games, but I figured that my Vita would be better off going to someone who'll get more use out of it. I've pre-ordered a Wii U and I'm thinking of just going to trade all my Vita stuff in towards it at my local GAME store. They're normally stingy as hell with trade in value but they're offering 50% value of whatever is traded towards the system on launch day which is better than what they offer normally. I know it may very well suffer the same fate as my Wii (ignored in favour of my PS3) but I've owned every Nintendo console and handheld except the Virtual Boy so I can't resist... like I said, I'm a sucker for their first party games.

Anyway, what I want to know is how I erase everything from my Vita? I've heard that your PSN ID gets linked to that specific model and even my 8gig card inside? How do I delete all traces of my PSN ID (and me owning it in general) from the system and card?