Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Go to settings, and:

- To unlink your Vita, tap
    Playstation Network => Systemactivation (may be called differently, because the menu is in german for me, it's the third button in the menu) => Go into each of the three menu sections that appear and tap deactivate

- To Format the memory card
    At the bottom of the settings menu, tap Format => Format Memory Card

- To restore the Vitas OS
    tap "Restore the PS Vita System", also in the Format menu

2. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Thanks, that seems easy enough.

3. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

That's a shame, but I can understand your viewpoint K.D!. I've had my ups and downs with it, but find that between my 3DS, iPod Touch and the Vita, I get more than enough content to warrant keeping all of them.

4. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    No prejudice here but that crystal white vita looks sexy as hal.

5. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    White is sexy, but when you start getting into a game (if your hands aren't just cleaned) you're gonna have black grime all over it. My experience: white PSP Go.

6. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    #3346 Jinathin_x_X, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    3DS sucks soooooooo much. Not trying to be graphic fag or anything but after got my ps3, I never touched my WII. Same goes for my ds and 3ds. Sold them both after getting my vita. 3DS was waste of money for me. Only game I thought it had good graphic was resident evil. I still remember first few months of 3DS month which had zero games to play... .-.

7. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Yeah, well I've been gaming since the mid 80's and generally have never bought a game because of its visuals. After all, some of the worst games this generation, on all systems, have had good graphics. For me, it's all about the gameplay and if I'm having fun playing it and, unfortunately, the Vita just hasn't provided that experience for me personally. It's a great machine but I just get the same vibe from it that I did with my PSP, and that got sold too. And I wouldn't go as far as using a juvenile statement such as, "3DS sucks sooooooo much!" Sure, I don't game on that as much either, but the time I have spent with it has been more enjoyable to me. All of this is obviously personal to me, but the Vita has just failed to grab my interest anymore. Who knows, maybe in a couple of years when it has a (hopefully) bigger, stronger library of games I may pick up another, but right now I've lost all interest in it.

8. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I wait 2 years before selling any of my systems. My 3ds XL sits unplayed for now with a game of Pokemon black 2 going but I'll probably get to it eventually. Right now I'm extremely impressed with NFS and AC:III Liberation! They're proving to me this system does have what it takes, the same feeling I had with Uncharted! It may have taken half a year but now the Vita has some pretty core games to keep you busy. I really hope we start to see my console ports like NFS and a mix of Vita/portable exclusives!

9. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    NFSMW Vita is by a long stretch the best racing game I ever played in a mobile device. Feels like I'm holding Burnout Paradise in my hands, unbelievable! My only qualm with it are the tiny hard-to-read menus. The sparse traffic would be a problem too but a game so fast in a screen so small turns it into almost a benefit to me TBH.

Funwise one can't go wrong with Lego gaming + LoTR! I bought it over Liberation (not convinced it doesn't have the same old boring AC gameplay). Just don't tell anybody ;)

10. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Well, was just on the phone with sony for about 20-30 mins for my brother. Turns out a power surge during the storm completely rendered his memory card useless. Very odd because of how well flash memory holds up. The system doesn't even recognize it but when i throw mine in it does. He's really pissed all his save data is gone.. Oh well, guess now is a good to time for him to upgrade from 4GBs

11. The reduced traffic in the Vita version of NFSMW can actually be a good thing. I downloaded the PS3 trial of NFSMW for PS+ members and actually did worse because of its increased traffic. I can't even count how many times I crashed in the hour I spent on the PS3 version.

12. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Yup totally agree. There are enough cars on the road for me. If it had more cars on the road, it would be just crashing into cars all the time

13. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Wow, really? That is odd! What did Sony say?

14. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Though I haven't played any version of the new NFSMW yet, I do see what you mean. I remember owning 'Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition' for the PSP and a lot of those later races where tough as hell with barely any traffic, I imagine it would've been almost unplayable with an increase in road traffic.

15. Der-Kleine

16. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    The guy on the line told me the system had to be sent in for servicing. I told him I doubt it so I popped my memory card into my brothers system and it worked. He then was extremely shocked and told me it still had to be serviced so I hung up the phone. All they want is money

17. Does the card work with your Vita? Even if your brother buys a new memory card, Sony is still going to get some money out of it.

18. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I've had a couple of Sony memory stick duos die on me before for absolutely no reason until I eventually bought a Sandisk which still works and also seemed a lot faster, Sony looks to be keeping the vita cards all to themselves unfortunately and really price gouging them.

It's a shame I think the Vita would be doing twice as well otherwise.

19. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
  20. Der-Kleine

You can just buy it at a taylor, along with the white colouring for the real AC experience, if you're sick of playing Pirate's Creed.