Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not a promising sign and pretty much what I expected, everything but early user reviews seemed to suggest it would be a terrible game. Makes me wonder how many of those are genuine.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Nobody likes to admit that they were ripped off to the tune of $40.00 ;).

In more positive news, I've actually been really enjoying NFS:MW. In many ways, this is the kind of title that I bought the Vita for: a true big budget game that feels at home on the platform. My only complaint is about the visuals: the developers sacrificed clarity for the sake of a "realistic" look, which makes many of the environments more frustrating to navigate than necessary (compared to, say, the first PSP Burnout). But, as deserted as it is, the open world is a ton of fun to tool around in, and the races have a kart-quality to them that I enjoy (though serious racing fans will hate). All in all a good purchase.

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Squarezero, how many collectibles have you gotten in NFS MW? I have 151 billboards, 62 cameras, 85 jackspots (i think the rest are all or mostly from the most wanted cars - I got #9, and I instantly went up from 82 to 85 jackspots), I think I need five more security gates too).

The person who says all the cars are basically the same has not tried them all. Some are seriously faster than others, some have awesome handling and some go out of control way too easy, some are much heavier and can just plow through others cars and roadblocks and some crash on the slightest nudge (it seems).

A good start is to get nitrous for all the cars from the beginner races, then all the cars are much more raceworthy! That Marussio one is soooo awesome for speeding and getting some harder to achieve billboards (plus it jumps easily -even without nitrous - out of the drain culvert onto the nearby roof where two billboards are lined up).

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Haven't spent nearly as much time with the game as you have, my friend. But I agreed that there are differences in the cars -- though those in the same category feel pretty similar. The fact that each car has its own events make up for any similarities.

6. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Probably the best car you can just find in the game. It's really nice when upgraded with all pro parts :p. Used it to take down all the most wanted cars one after another last night. Those are some of the best races in the game, but they felt really easy. Got a crapton of air in one of the sandy bits with it (you go through there in one of the last few most wanted races). Think it's probably my most used car. Should probably work on finishing more races for the other cars too.

7. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #3587 h0130j03, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    My fave car is the Lexus LFA. It just has the perfect kind of handling for me. The Koenigsegg is crazy fast! I once went 410 km/h (256 mph or so) with it! Funny thing is I got at that speed downtown rather than the interstate. I find it easier to drive at speed in the city than on the interstate.

Hey Square, what's your PSN if you don't mind me asking?

And has anyone heard news about DLC for Most Wanted Vita?

And how exactly do you get Crash Escapes?

8. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I said the cars all feel the same to me and they do, I'm used to games like gran turismo where you can really feel differences in the cars like how much the front and rear slide the weight, roll etc.

Most wanted is a fun game but I still stand by all the cars feeling basicly the same to me there are some nice differences in engine noises and speeds but really they all handle like their on an ice rink, can't say I've noticed the upgrades making much difference either to be honest with exception of the nitrous.

9. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    Take the BAC Mono offroad and compare it to the F-150 Raptor offroad. If you think it's like an ice rink now, it's even moreso offroad.

10. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Have to admit I don't think I've even unlocked those yet, think I've only found about 60 jack spots so far and only playing a few races a day

On the Declassified front I've just read one reviewer beat the game in 42 minutes, that's really bad even if it was a cheap smartphone game.

11. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    There's no way you could beat the iphone version of Need For Speed Most Wanted in 42 minutes. Even if you got gold the first try in every race, there are 60 races, I think. A minute or two for each race still goes much longer than that.

Then again, where's all the fun in skipping the whole game? A person that tries to speed run through this game wouldn't have enough speed points to unlock most of the cars, and perhaps would not even get enough speed points to take on the most wanted drivers. Part of the fun is trying to get most of the achievements, and greater/faster cars.

12. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    XD. He's talking about Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified for the Vita, and saying that even if it were a smartphone game, a 42 minute long campaign would be unacceptable.

13. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    In this case I agree with you they are really degrading some of their biggest franchises making complete junk and trying to sell on the game name alone unfortunately it's going to damage the Vita in the long run if companies keep doing that.

It was pointed out on another forum that all the early positive metacritic reviews were all first time accounts so between that and the no review copies I think it's pretty obvious they knew how bad it was and released anyway.

No wonder they have changed their name I'll definitely be looking out for any games by nStigate and avoiding them.

14. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Lol.. People haven't even played the game and believing what people say... Campaign, you can't beat it in 42 mins even with the lowest difficulty... I been playing Campagin for about 1 hour and half now.
    People complain way too much. People are enjoying the game.
    And also they uploaded firs patch which it solves glitches in MP...
    They tried their best, I think they did well with this one.
    Trophies are not even easy to unlock, you actually have to try hard.
    Alright I am gonna stop now

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Considering that you get a 6+ hour real campaign with MC3 (and probably the same with MC4), CoD:D seems even more appalling. "Not as good as the Gameloft clone" is not something you want to hear about a franchise title.

As far as I'm concerned, "decent" doesn't cut it with a $40+ game.

16. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009

Oh I see. Once you get more cars it's a lot more fun in my opinion. On another note, I wish the Ford Focus ST wasn't multiplayer only :(

So I'm guessing noone has heard anything about DLC for Most Wanted?

17. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Awesome :)

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I have a really hard time believing that someone beat a $40 game in 42 minutes. That's a buck a minute.

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Isn't it 50$?

20. [​IMG]