Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. P4G has 5 difficulty settings to choose from at the beginning of the game. After you complete the main story, you can start a New Game+, which gives you access to customizable difficulty options such as the amount of EXP and money you get after battles (more/less).

2. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    Ok. While the game isn't for me, I do appreciate your posts. I have a better understanding for why people like this game now.

3. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Store update is up. Some Vita titles are on sale. Bought Rayman Origins and Dokuro for $14.69, $9.99 respectfully.

Sonic & All stars racing transformed is tempting @ $29.99...

Oh yeah, loving my Vita! Nice piece of hardware. Can't wait for Soul Sacrifice.

4. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Picked up Oddworld, can't wait to try it out.

5. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Everyone talking about Sonic got me to load up modnation racers there I got it pretty cheap a few months back on PSN but never really played it, I'm not a big kart game fan but it's actually quite fun.

I've no doubt Sonic is probably a good bit better but I've been overlooking that one it's more challenging than I would have thought.

6. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Snagged a vita for $200. Best buy price matched with fry's. Also you get a $50 gift card with any wifi vita at bb. So i got the 8gb and a game (uncharted) for free basically. Also you can price match uncharted because it's only $19.97 at radio shack right now.

Anyway i can't use it until christmas. Hah.

7. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Here's some gameplay video of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and Sine Mora for anyone interested:

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Just bought Sonic All Stars, Dokuro and Strangers Wrath...

Damn Vita why u have no gamez???

Still not sure if I should get Knytt Underground and f*ck still need to get Persona 4 and Virtues Last Reward.

9. turkgames

turkgames Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    #3909 turkgames, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    I spent 116$ for 3 games this month so I'm not sure I will get Sonic, maybe I need to wait for my credit card bill first.

10. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Okay so i was able to open the vita early and... Dead pixel! Wtf. Doesn't inspire much confidence. Never have i had a display right out of the box with a dead pixel. Also is the grainy screen normal? I thought there was a screen protecter on it at first. lol

Well best buy does say a 30 day no hassle return and so we shall see...

11. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Sounds like it may be defective. I'd return it.

Also, you're pretty lucky to have bought no new devices with messed up pixels new out of the box. My iPod touch 3rd and 4th gens both had dead/stuck pixels, as well as my PSP 3000, original DS, and my 3DS XL. Most of them just had stuck pixels, and some of those pixels became normal after a while. But others got stuck pixels like the plague. My 3rd gen iPod touch had somewhere around 9 stuck pixels- but it got replaced under warranty for that, and the fact that the accelerometer stopped working.

12. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    #3912 sampdx, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Wow.I guess i have been lucky then. :eek:

So the graininess isn't normal then? It's almost like an anti glare effect. I didn't get to look at the display model in the store because it was broke.

Maybe i'm just used to the clear ipad screen.

You know what? I just realized my state id has expired. Ugh.

13. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    No Ultimate Speed Pack for Vita :( Why must they shut Vita gamers out? By the way, you guys think Zombie Driver or Fuel Overdose will see a Vita release in the future?

14. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I must be lucky I've never had a bad pixel on any of my devices and the Vita screen looks very sharp to me apart from the icons on the homescreen which are a little jagged but that's sonys fault. Then again it took me to encode my own video at the Vitas best resolution to see just how nice it really was.

I do remember there is an mp4 file on the net somewhere that's called something like psp screen fixer that's meant to fix stuck pixels but if it's brand new I'd try to get it switched.

15. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    #3915 sampdx, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah the icons on the screen are pretty jaggy. Also on the blurry side. I also checked out the Rayman orgins demo and it wasn't as sharp as i expected either. Well regardless it was fun and i really like the vita form factor.

Anyway maybe my expections were too high for the screen quality. I actually sent sony email asking if they added some sort of anti glare coating to the screen. Again the stores around here either don't have any on display or they don't work (in the case of my best buy), and i tend to notice these things more than normal people.

I'm not seeing any vertical lines/black blotches some others are talking about though and so i'm a little hesitate to replace. The dead pixel pretty much disappears during gameplay. Well i have until January to return or replace anywho.

16. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    To me it's just your vita. I recommend just go and returning it

17. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Yeah... :( i just hate returning stuff.

Well i'll be sure to open the new one in store and if that one has issues too i'll just ask for my money back. Too bad i already opened the memory card though.

18. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    Yeah, I have the black blotches but for the most part they only show when the screen is really dark and from what I read, they are actually normal on OLED screens.

19. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Iactually did some searching and came across a couple others talking about graininess and so at least i'm not losing my mind. Lol that's always nice to know. I'll still take it in, maybe look at a display that's not broken, and see what those look like. Last time i buy something without looking at a demo model first though.

Well thanks for hearing me out everyone. :)

20. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    That sounds like a plan, good luck!