Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
  2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
  3. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Does the Christmas giveaway apply to US accounts?

4. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    #3964 JeNeI, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    Already heard about it being damn easy,and will pick it up asap.

EDIT : Just got some Amazon $$$ and bought the following :

- Little Deviants
    - Resistance : Burning Skies
    - Virtua Tennis 4
    - Fifa Soccer 13
    - Smart as...
    - Lego Batman
    - Rayman : Origins
    - Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7

If anyone needs help in online trophies (list below),I will help gladly,PSN ID in the signature.

- PASBR
    - LBP Vita
    - NFS MW
    - Fifa 13 (yet to receive)
    - Virtua Tennis 4 (yet to receive)

Just send me a PM.

5. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    If anyone has Need for speed most wanted and found all the Ford Gt and or Ford Focus locations, please pm me and help me. Info on main landmarks or streets/areas for each car would be appreciated. Aside from the most wanted cars I haven't beaten yet, I am only missing one Ford Focus and one Ford Gt lcoation. One youtube video shows a ford Focus on a dock, but I went to the two docks and couldn't see one on the dock (unless it was a Ps3 video and it has a different location for one car (which seems unlikely).

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    http://www.gamesradar.com/need-speed-most-wanted-jack-spot-locations-guide/?page=2

Maybe that will help.

7. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Jetpack Joyride is out for free on the Vita (PS3 as well). Despite the fact that I played the hell out of the iOS version, I'm enjoying the crap out of it. I actually like this version more, because it uses the rear touchpad, so your fingers don't get in the way of the screen, and the screen is bigger (than an iPhone). It also seems to have better sound.

8. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    I noticed Jetpack Joyride a couple weeks ago and wanted to get it but I'm reluctant to pay $3.99 for something that I got for free that I can play on my iPod Touch right now. I was also hoping after reading this that maybe it would be free but it's still $3.99.

Also does anyone with Unit 13 mind if I add them to my friends list on PSN. I don't have any PSN friends and the only trophy I need to get is the get a score higher someone on your friends list. I guess it would also be nice to have some vita friends lol.

9. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    No- this is a different version. Two weeks ago, the version of Jetpack Joyride that released was a PSP mini (published by Beatshapers, and it costs $4). So it lacked online functionality- leaderboards, DLC/IAP, and trophies. It also lacked Vita features, like rear touchpad and touchscreen support, and only ran at the PSP's resoution.

This version is developed for the Vita, and released today. It is free(mium), has DLC/IAP, leaderboards, trophies, support for Vita functionality, and runs at the Vita's resolution. It was published by Big Ant Studios. They released a PS3 version today as well- which is the same as the Vita version, except it obviously lacks rear touchpad and touchscreen support, and runs at a higher resolution.

10. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    If Jetpack Joyride is available for the Vita, I will be in heaven. One of my favourite games.

Awesome! Downloading now...

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I wish one could simply use the x button instead of the rear or front touch in the Vita version of the game. Both just feel awkward. :(

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Yeah not sure why they didn't give the option of using buttons. The Mini version of the game does.

13. Der-Kleine

Well the minis version kind of has to...

14. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    You may add me if you want (ID= Misantropus). Though I have the Unit 13 Platinum I never played a mission for scores, so you shouldn't have any difficulty beating me.

Me too. God, how I hate that stupid rear panel :mad:

15. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    Sent an invite. I'll add anyone else that doesn't mind also.

Yeah you're right I checked and that was a insta-download. Dissapointed that the trophys aren't the same as the achievements on Game Center cause then it could have a platinum and I would probaly spend more time playing it if that was the case.

16. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Well yah lol, guess I didn't word it right... Just meant why wouldn't the devs add the option for buttons, can't imagine it being very hard.

17. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Modern Combat 4 would be fantastic on the Vita. I wonder if Gameloft is considering porting any of their stuff or creating any Vita-exclusive shooters. Lord knows the Vita could use some good ones.

18. Der-Kleine

Meanwhile, at Gameloft: "But our terrible port of a 2 year old game at 20x the price didn't sell well, so there's no way anyone would buy it!"

19. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Meanwhile at Sony: "Man, like, Gameloft....seriously guys. DUNGEON HUNTER? THAT'S WHAT YOU GAVE US?!"

20. Der-Kleine

Dungeon Hunter wasn't even the worst thing, I mean, Asphalt Injection? Really?