Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Damn the vita is ruining iOS gaming for me. I can't really see myself hyped up for small indie games anymore and I can't see myself making large purcheses anymore! Urggg..... Haha i love the vita!

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's funny how even the biggest iOS games just don't feel the same anymore now.

3. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I am in love with this thing, just finished Unchartered last night, and off to play Rayman Origins again to try and finish that. I won't be playing iOS games for awhile between having this and the 3DS! :)

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #484 backtothis, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    I am a hardcore gamer, but I have the newest 360 model and a flatscreen in my dorm that I can play at any time. So what then?

Lol, either way, going to GameStop after a movie. Hope not too many people are there trying it out.

I'll probably end up getting one though. Been a huge mobile gamer since the PSP. Got two iPods, an iPad 2, and a 3DS since then.

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I'd atleast wait for a year (maybe more) before giving vita my money. It'll have enough games by then (cheaper too) and possibly a better battery. Can't spend money on something I migh not use for more than a few hours (like my PS3 which is eating dust for more than a year).

6. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Lol i only ever use my PS3 as a blu ray player-never for games-last game i got was Killzone 3 which was well over a year ago?
    Agree battery sucks-get about 4-5hrs and takes 3 for a full charge but boy is it worth it!
    Go get one ;)

7. I was skeptical about battery life, but it's better than I expected especially when compared to my iPhone. I just hope Nyko releases that Vita Power Grip soon. That seems like a better alternative than Sony's $50 portable charger.

8. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Get one! Then get MvC3 so we can play together online!:D

9. mashead2000

I have Marvel vs Capcom add me on psn :) im rubbish at it lol

10. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Me too! Let's see whos worse :D! When I add you I'm Fireball2697

11. mashead2000

Haha its so confusing lol need practice-only done one ranked online match and he was doing so many combos on me i died straight away, hardly touched them lol, game looks amazing on the Vita screen tho :)
    Vita on charge atm but will accept you when switch on :)

12. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Haha do you use the touch controls? It helps so much :D

13. mashead2000

Lol nooooo you cant do that lol,that makes it too easy cos all u do is tap lol, gonna do the mission modes as that teaches u combos etc :)
    Team i use most is Spidey Ghost Rider and Hulk/Iron Man-im a marvel guy lol

14. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I think the Vita is sooo worth getting now, the battery life is not that bad, and with such a strong lineup of games on launch, I can't wait for what's in store over the next 6 months to a year!

I still play my PS3, mostly DL games, I hope Simpson's Arcade is compatible with the Vita too! :)

15. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Now I really want a Vita but have no way of getting one anytime soon >.>

16. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    4 easy steps to get a vita

1. find a rainbow.
    2. steal the pot of gold on the other side.
    3. take the gold and get money for it.
    4. Buy a vita

17. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I've stopped playing home console games. I have a 360 a d a flat-screen TV and the means to buy any 360 game I want. Despite being a hardcore gamer, I don't want any 360 games. I'd rather play home console games on a high-end gaming laptop, but I'm much rather play high-quality games on a portable device.

I'm a portable gamer at heart, but I hate casual games. It's an odd combination. I'm one of the few people who loved the PSP, despite whatever flaws, and have been waiting for years for something like the Vita. Don't discount the few high-quality, mature 3DS games out there. I still enjoy playing a 3DS, depending upon the game. Admittedly, only a handful of 3DS games appeal to me. The Vita is right in my wheel house.

I think the pick-up-and-play convenience of portable gaming is what won me over. Sleep mode, multitasking, that sort of thing. Not having to commit to long stretches of sustained gaming. Even with a laptop, you can stop playing anywhere and not have to worry about picking up save points or whatever. Stop playing mid-mission and pick back up any time you want. Home consoles don't offer that level of flexibility.

18. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I only bought the Wifi only since 3G here sucks.

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol, my expectations for the Vita must have been way too high. The controls and interface are nice, but the gameplay/experience is just meh. Tried out Uncharted, WipeOut, and Little Deviants. Wasn't impressed at all. Only game I'm interested in right now is UMvC3. Going to give it a few months.

20. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    When I was reading up on gravity rush I read that its going to be ditgital only in europe... Strange. Just happy It doesn't effect the US