Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Dang, I had a nice reply all typed up and somehow it got lost due to a missing "security token" :(

Summary: I'd been looking for a console like experience, iOS, PSP, DS didn't fill that void. PS3 would be great but don't want to be pulled away from family or monopolize TV.

PS Vita fills that void for me.

Had some questions - does wife care if about your purchase? Is there something else on the horizon you want as much or more (iPad3?). Are you tired of iOS scene? What initially got you excited about the Vita?

If there is anything you need answered (good or bad), I'd be happy to offer my honest opinion. It's not a perfect system, but it's REALLY top notch in my opinion.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Well I am pretty sure I will be opening it up tonight and keeping it, just hope I can get enough play out of it to warrant the money I spent on it :cool:

3. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I'm not sure if this fits the bill but I thought I'd suggest it anyway since it seems to get high praise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFrVdoq3WY

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

I'm at work right now (story of my life) but I will check out that vid when I get home! You rock :cool:

5. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I will say I was way more sure about getting the 3DS than I was the vita. Needless to say my 3DS was only played a few times within months and eventually traded it in. I haven't put the vita down since I got it.

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wife says it will be a waste of money since she says I wont play it lol Little tired of IOS scene yes. I got excited about the Vita for the deeper gaming experience. I just need to make sure I play it! Thanks for the response.

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    So you can't watch youtube videos but you can be on toucharcade :rolleyes:? haha

8. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I'd pass on Dungeon Hunter or wait for a price drop. From the demo and the overall response to it, I don't think it's really worth the money. It'll probably be $20 or less in a month or two- that's what happened with these types of games (sloppy Ubisoft/Gameloft ports) on the 3DS. If you want a good dungeon crawler for Vita, I'd wait for Warrior's Lair- but a release date has yet to be announced. If you want something now, you can get Untold Legends (PSP) off PSN for like $17. They're pretty decent, especially compared to Dungeon Hunter- but you may have played them before.

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #589 S.I.D. CrAzY, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    Just thought I'd post my case since others were doing the same a few pages back, these aren't MY actual pics, but it is the same case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. What case is it, and do you have a link? That looks sweet.

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I got it at target(in store), I've seen it called the RDS vita case or the game traveler case.

I saw this case on Walmart, however I'm not sure if it's the same one as the outside looks different. Has a similar name.

I did see this review of it and it seems it's somewhat the same case. Just a different design.

12. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Anyone have the Uncharted edition hard case from Thrustmaster? Looks pretty slick IMO. Probably gonna order one from Amazon...

PSN: Snooptalian

13. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Gotta know, did you do it? :confused:

14. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Right now I'm using the case that I got with the $25 dollar starter kit. Works nice though a little bulky

15. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I don't have an actual Vita case yet. Just temporarily using an old case I had lying around. So far, I haven't seen too many cases that I've liked. The hard Thrustmaster case looks cool, but I'm not quite sure if it's what I really want. Just want a nice, small case- not really too fond of those big purse/backpack/suitcase type cases, and I prefer soft cases. Gonna go look on Amazon for a case now :D

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

I did it, thanks for everyones guidance and opinions I appreciate it! So far I have played some of ninja gaiden and god its hard maybe I need hero mode :( I also played uncharted and its really good! I downloaded dynasty warriors and that seems decent to. The screen is amazing everyone was right its a awesome piece of hardware! One question though I did see some black spots on my screen when like playing a game and the screen is black for a minute. Anyone else have that?

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks tygamr I will have to check untold legends out maybe! But you are right dungeon hunter seems way overpriced when ios version is like $8 or whatever.

18. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah It's a known problem with all OLED screens. Don't worry about it. It only happens when the screen is true black and not displaying any content. :)

19. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I'm literally STUNNED at how amazing the face-mapping system in Virtua Tennis 4 is. I remember reading a review last week where the "use your face in the game" feature was bashed for being wildly inaccurate and extremely tough to set up. Fearing the worst, I tried it out and got it perfect on my second try.

The results? CHILLS... literally, everytime I win a point or go over to shake my opponent's hand after kicking his ass. It's ME in the game... well, a more athletic version of me at least, as a tennis star! Crazy... you guys must try it out.

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

Man that kind of sucks and is weirding me out lol :eek: