Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Hmmm i leveled a knight to lv 3 but now monk didnt open up....

2. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    You need to level whoever you want to change to level 3. Just because you level up... John to Knight level 3 doesn't mean you unlock the monk for someone like Argas. You need to level up him to level 3 to unlock the monk.

Tedious process, but the more you play the more you get used to it and it doesn't seem as hard. What I do is only use a main 5-6 units so I don't have to level up so many characters.

3. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Gotcha ya my guy was lv 3 but knight was only lv 2 so that was why monk didnt show up. Also should i be spending JP on classes i dont plan on using but i had to lv in order to unlock another class? Say i am a knight should i spend the JP on the squire class i was before the knight? I am guessing yes.

4. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I kind of agree here, although I did buy a 32gb iPod for 300$ when i could have bought an 8gb for closer to 200$ and I didn't complain then. I don't see why I should complain now.

5. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I was playing with the browser and near app there for the first time it surprised me a bit but in a good way.

I think I've read in several places the browser was terrible but it seemed to be doing a good job for me. It was faster than my ipod browsing and more responsive in zooming. Nowhere near as bad as I feared but of course I would like to see them add flash and full html 5 the device is certainly more than capable.

The app Near surprised me as well because I expected to see nobody close to me but seems at least 20 people are using the facebook app nearby.

6. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Got 10 bucks in my account after buying Super Stardust. Trying to decide between Final Fantasy Tactics, Half-Minute Hero, or Patapon 2. Any opinions or games I missed that are worth $10?

7. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland

If it was me Pata Pata Pata pon but it's a very simplistic game I think it really depends what you like. I'd say look at some youtube videos of them if you haven't played them before.

On another note I just noticed EA knocked the price of Fifa up on PSN, £45 now in the UK that's kind of ridiculous even if it was a PS3 game, guess I'm lucky I'd picked it up already I'm suspecting it might be the last EA game I do.

8. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Final Fantasy Tactics, definitely, unless you got an iPad 2 or iPhone 4/S, the iOS version is better IMO, the Vita one retains the PSP slowdown and you can't use the touchscreen.

I'd also recommend Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, really worth the $15 current price.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #689 squarezero, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    Well, it should be smoother -- the Vita is about 6 times faster than your 3rd Gen Touch. As to Flash, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I played around a bit with the browser and it's not bad for checking GameFAQs ;). The problem for me is the screen-size: it's really great for games (especially compared to the 3DS), but it's too big to be convenient (like an iPhone) and too small to deliver a full browsing experience (like an iPad). Same with Netflix and some of the other apps.

Has anybody tried downloading a game you preciously purchased (on PSN) for the PSP? On my PSP anything I'd already purchased had a special icon to show it was a free download, but I haven't seen anything similar on my Vita.

10. #690 Haruhi, Mar 5, 2012
    The full version of Motorstorm RC will be available as a free download for a limited time starting tomorrow! If that's what we get as a compensation for the PSN downtime, then I hope PSN is down more often.

11. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    I redownloaded a couple of games, and they all had the previously purchased icons when I went to their individual pages.

Super excited for tomorrow's slate of Vita releases -- MLB 12, Unit 13 and Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7!

12. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

So which ones is everyone getting? Unit 13 is a definite, especially since I got a $10 off coupon e-mail last night from Game Stop on select titles and Unit 13 is one of them.

I'm curious about LHPY5-7. I have a feeling it will be a port of the 3DS/DS version, but wouldn't it be great to get some "real" console versions of these games? I thought it was going to happen on the 3DS, but those were just enhanced DS or PSP versions of Star Wars and Pirates. Lego Star Wars III would have been great if it were the console version, there is so much more to do and collect. If anyone ToFTT, please post impressions! :)

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #693 squarezero, Mar 5, 2012
    Thanks for the info -- glad to get Tactics Ogre and Lunar into my Vita.

Surprised to see people excited about Unit 13. The demo struct me as the very definition of generic, and visually it seemed only a bit better than the typical PSP fare.

14. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
  15. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    I'm almost definitely getting all three. Unit 13 was, admittedly, a little generic, but I love third person action games, and playing them on the go with two thumbsticks is just too enticing for me to pass up at this point in time.

As for the new LHP game, I'm positive I read somewhere that it's not just a port, but now I can't find that anywhere. In any case, the descriptions all seem to say that it has some extra stuff, so at least there's that going for it.

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It'd be a dream come true if the Assassin's Creed game was a port of the console game (with slightly worse graphics of course). That would be AMAZING!
    And even if not, I think we can expect alot more from that than from any other mobile version of an AC game! :)

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Anyone know some good sites like this one but for Vita?

18. NeoGAF is usually pretty quick about Vita news, although it's more of a general gaming console forum than a site dedicated especially to the Vita.

19. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Yeah www.psvitaforum.com

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008