Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Well no, not really, you see our point is that everyone else has commented why they will or will not be picking one up whereas you have just chimed in with a derogatory comment without any explanation as to why you think "Sony should just give it up" you see?

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The pretty graphics on iOS are largely due to the retina display, but still come at the cost of deep and involving gameplay. Still screens of Infinity Blade do look better than the likes of Call of Duty on Xbox/PS3, but you're never going to find anything like Uncharted/Bioshock/FFXIII/Metal Gear Solid 4/Forza/etc on iOS in it's current state. I think it's a fine trade off, graphics were never the most important aspect of a great game and never will be.

3. thelant

thelant New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Ohh man the specs are sick and it has dual analogs :D. Still not sure if i should get this though ,cause a controller just came out for iphone/ipad from 60beat which could be used with games if developers start to support it and i could use that for portable gaming. I guess who ever is successful first gets my money. Hope it does well unlike the psp go.

Also does anyone know what the cpu is clocked at? I heard its under clocked to 800mhz(each core)but i highly doubt it after seeing uncharted. They also say the max clock for that cpu is 2ghz(each core) , and what ddr ( ex: DDR3,DDR5) is it using for the ram? Also to anyone who has demoed or own a japanese ver. are you Able to press the analog sticks like the daulshock controller with L3 and R3. Last question was if the touch screen is as smooth as the one on the iphone.

4. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Kinda forgot to acknowledge this half of your post, but it ties in fairly nicely with my views on the Vita in the first place: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2090190&postcount=45

5. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #65 Madman100, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    I agree. The reason iPhone games will never reach the same quality is because of the marketplace. Too many cheapskates/complainers and crackers. With the Vita, developers can feel comfortable at a reasonable selling point without sacrificing quality or feeling as if they're devaluing their name. If you've seen those people here saying "I'm willing to pay much more for production of quality games," those are the people who will be playing games on the Vita. Though they are a minority here, there are many outside of this small realm, I'm sure of it.

It's actually surprising to see how many here on an iOS centered site will be buying the PS Vita.

Personally, I'll still have my iPod but I look forward to buying the Vita on day one for quality handheld gaming. As cheap as I tend to be, I'm a firm believer that quality beats quantity.

EDIT:
    Forgot to add: I can't wait to see if GL would be willing to put in the effort for some great games on Vita in the face of REAL competition, of course selling at a reasonable price. Needless to say, I'm eager to see what their plan is, whether they stick to premium/freemium on iOS full time or move on to other things.

Another thing to add to my topic on GL/Vita, (please don't flame me for this) I'd truly prefer they released an Vita optimized NOVA3 and sold a hard copy (or downloadable) for 15-20$ rather than ruin the series with an iOS freemium version. Just my opinion, but to me it makes sense for GL to support Vita (assuming it does well enough) rather than cater to a $6 marketplace.

6. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    In other words, "I have absolutely no points to make and know that I would get crushed by rational thought if I tried to explain my plainly biased opinion."

Prove me wrong.

7. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Just preordered the WiFi Vita :) 4Gb mem card (will always buy hard copy games) and Uncharted :) now to get saving! Have a month lol
    Plan on getting Rayman and Little Deviants at some point too

To whoever asked if the analogue sticks click the answer is no-which is good IMO :)

And Gameloft have done Dungeon Hunter for Vita-unsure if straight port or rehashed lol but I'll pass on that anyway :)

8. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    #68 Madman100, Jan 16, 2012
    downloadable for a few (5-10) bucks, I'd consider it. The PSN version was good from what I played out of the demo.

But then memory becomes an issue, so idk.

And the PSN version of Modern Combat would be welcome since I don't see CoD or Battlefield making a Vita debut any time soon. I agree, though, a hard copy would be much appreciated.

9. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    #69 Ghostz, Jan 16, 2012
    I don't know if i'll buy the vita or not. I used to swear by my 3000 and loved games like battlefront 2, MGS Peace Walker, and Monster hunter. But, after i obtained my ipod i stopped using it and eventually sold it. The ipod was/ is more portable than the psp and has more functions than the psp. If they would make more quality games i wouldn't even consider buying a Vita. The only psp worthy games i,ve found are Deadspace, Modern Combat/Nova, Cod Zombies, and Aralon. Only Reason i'd buy one would be for monster hunter 3G. I love monster hunter you see and the ios game is, well crap. (archer)

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Your opinion may be valid, but your social skills are utter turd if you can't even engage in the conversation at hand like a civilised human being. In fact, no, resorting to flippant, troll sentences like that does make your opinion invalid. You can't automatically be taken seriously just because you have a right to an opinion, it's something you've got to earn.

11. Future Newb Apps

Future Newb Apps Active Member

Mar 10, 2011
    I haven't bought a dedicated handheld for myself since the Game Gear, but I'm definitely looking forward to the Vita. Especially with games like Sound Shapes, Super Stardust, Uncharted, and Escape Plan, but I'm going to wait on the inevitable price drop. I still have a huge backlog of console and iOS games so waiting will be easy for me.

12. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Lol I found the worst deal in history.

EB games wants an iPad 2 32GB Wifi and they will give you a PS Vita... For $48.

When JB HiFi retails the PS vita for $380 a few stores down.
    Rediculous.

13. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

#73 Spamcan, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Sony is never going to give it up
    Maybe they've let you down
    But they're never gonna run around and desert you

Even if it makes you cry
    They're never gonna say goodbye
    Even if they sometimes lie and hurt you

14. mashead2000

Haha best reply EVER!!!! lol!

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
  16. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Give it up. Nobody understands the definition of irony.
    It's a little bit ironic, don't you think?
    A little too ironic, I really do think.

17. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    #77 Madman100, Jan 18, 2012
    Just leave him alone. His post was about as obvious as trolling gets.

Change of subject: those of you who are buying the Vita, what games are you most looking fwd to upon release or soon after? I've done a lot of digging and found my list to look something like this: Uncharted (obviously), Marvel vs Capcom 3, Resistance, Ruin (Diablo-esque, in development) and Dust 514 (scheduled for release sometime this summer)

Some maybes: LBP, Rayman Origins, Dungeon Hunter Alliance (once Gameloft drops the price near $12, knowing GL it will happen sooner rather than later ;)), Street Fighter x Tekken, and Gravity Rush (not sure why everyone is so orgasmic about this one though:confused:)

EDIT: oh and yes, I don't mind spending big money, as ironic as that is to be said on this site. ;)

But I may have to sell my iPod :eek: ...kidding..

18. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Better change of subject:

...haters gonna hate...

19. mashead2000

The Bioshock thats been mentioned as built specifically for Vita from ground up and thats not a port of Bioshock 1 sounds interesting-due out this year too :)

20. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #80 Rasterico, Jan 18, 2012
    I gave up taking him or her seriously when they called me a fanboy even though I'd told them I own every major console and showed no allegiance to any Particular brand.

Anyway back on topic: I've pre ordered uncharted along with a 16gig memory card so will probably download one or two games from PSN on launch day too, probably everybody's golf and maybe wipEout as the graphics look pretty special in that, also read somewhere that odd world strangers wrath may make it is a launch title in downloadable form, I've been holding out on getting it on PSN on my PS3 for this reason alone, have some great memories of that game!

Little big planet looks amazing too but try as I might I can't find any release schedule info :( oh and escape plan too!