Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ok so i have 3 vita games (physical copies), and 2 downloaded off PSN. I only have a 4gb card that came with the Vita, i still have 75% of my card left. Hope that helps!

2. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

I love Unit 13 and all i play is the single player part, to me its worth it. I needed a game i didnt have to play for 30 minutes just to get to the next chapter you know? I can do a few missions and cut it off no problem.

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Three words: Little Big Planet...

Cannot freaking wait!!! :eek:

4. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    You guys have been really helpful, and have also just about talked me into getting a vita! It sounds like I won't need the 32gb card, which is a relief. Thanks for your help!

5. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I liked the demo, and was a little bummed when I completed it. I think I'll pick it up tonight after reading your impressions. Thanks!

6. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

I know :( but IGN do sometimes forget to change dates etc-Amazon has deleted the release date and now it just says pre order
    Oh well :(

7. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I saw a bradygames guide to Street Fighter X Tekken for sale today I might actually pick it up, Might be a wait before I can play it on my Vita but I could probably do with picking up on everything I've missed since the Street Fighter Alpha series.

I'd really like to get back into that game I really hope the vita port live up to my expectations. I think the Vitas controls are very well suited to the genre as long as they keep away from the back touchpad. So far I've found the rear touchpad to be more annoying in games than adding anything useful it's just to big to avoid touching it.

Also getting more and more tempted to pick up Unit 13 but that is due to it being the only real shooter out yet.

8. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    Gamestop.com deleted the release date, but both Amazon.com and .ca still list next week. EB Games is saying May 1st, though. I'm inclined to go with Amazon, since Konami is still saying next week. They haven't done very much promotion for it...I'm still planning on buying it, though.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

No problem, so how do you like it!?!?!?

10. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I'm on a deadline right now, so I was only able to give the 2nd mission a go before bed. I like shooting things so I didn't realize it was a covert mission and decided to run through it again after having head shotted everyone the first time around. I definitely like having objectives. I am the type of gamer that won't progress to the next level until I've done the current one with 100% stats/bonus/rewards etc - so I can tell this game is going to have some legs to stand on :)

Whats neat is that the game preserved my settings and stats on the first mission & training that I did on the demo, definitely a nice bonus there since I was able to hop right in where I left off.

I wonder though, how do people get such high scores on the leader boards for missions where you can't shoot anything? Is it just a cumulative score that keeps racking up the more and more you do that mission?

11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Anyone else play ok offline but when they go online completely lose their ability. Tried the daily tournament there in everybodys golf and finished like +20 over par seemed like I was just hitting constantly into the water or bunkers.

Still I like the game and the fact there is so much to unlock in it should keep me playing a long time, another plus I'm always noticing new details in the background.

12. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    I think the pressure is getting to you :p

13. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Metacritic says that book of memories releases April 10th. Most other websites still say March 27th though.

14. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    This has probably been said already but.... Motostorm RC is just such a bargain at £4.79. Great soundtrack, excellent controls, a huge amount of content and the massive draw of highscore chasing, especially with the friends leaderboards (inc ps3) Incidently, I'd love to have you TA guys on my PSN list for highscore etc, I only know one other person with a Vita :( :D

15. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Add me mashead2000-set a few high scores for ya-then theres sidcrazy thats beat some of them :( LOL

16. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Added! Cheers :D

17. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Rayman Origins arrived from the UK in record time: 4 days! Ever since I played the demo on Xbox 360, I thought that it would be an ideal game for portable systems. It's a bit cute and 'family friendly' of course, but certainly worth a try, and also very pretty on the Vita's screen.
    I'm currently sitting on zero PSN friends, as this is my first Sony system, and none of my friends own one either. So add me: Ornithocheirus

Just say that you're from TA.

18. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Sent you a request.

I LOVE Rayman on the vita, though only played the demo. It's a must for me but might wait for the price to come down a little as i've overspent recently! :)

19. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Best place to find release dates is Gamefly. Silent Hill is definitely not coming out this month. Every single retailer has killed that previously announced March release date. That's all you need to know.

20. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Got so indifferent to iOS gaming this is the only TA thread I'm following right now.