Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    This is why I made my confession, lol. Earlier in this thread I posted I hadn't touched my iOS devices since getting my Vita.

Had Max Payne come out in the PSN store, I'd be on my Vita right now :p

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    My trouble with the Vita is I've bought to many games to play them all properly I have 11 now although 3 of them are the augmented reality ones you get free and one is a PSP title.

To make matters worse I'm eagerly anticipating Disgaea 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and Resistance. I don't think I'll be able to resist any of them.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Made me laugh, you probably didnt do it on purpose. I was about to do the whole "ohiseewhatudidthar" thing.

4. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Lol, I'm in the same boat. I absolutely love my Vita still. I've played it everyday since launch, it's so great. Getting MK when it's released, can't wait. Anyone else thoroughly addicted to dungeon hunter alliance?

5. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Facebook update is out. Adds photo uploading and tagging. Now 33% facebookier!

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how new this update is since I haven't played Wipeout for some time, but could it be that the last update has improoved the loading times quite abit? (I accidentally skipped the changes list)

7. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #1427 Teknikal, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    Just put the cartridge in mine to have a look I haven't played it as the updates downloading but I did see improved load times mentioned at the top unfortunately I missed the rest of the info. Looking around the Web it seems load times are the main one as well as stability fixes.

8. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #1428 Rasterico, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    I done exactly the same and had a bit of a blow out when it first launched, so far I've bought: Uncharted, Virtua Tennis, Everbodys Golf, Ninja Gaiden, Escape Plan and Superstardust Delta. Out of all of them I've only finished Uncharted and the world tour on Virtua Tennis once! I'm slowly plugging away at everybody's Golf though and have got a few of the gold crowns now, the rest I've barely touched.

In a few weeks I'll also have Mortal Kombat and hopefully that new pinball game that has recently hit the US store, then soon after both Resistance and Gravity Rush, I think I'm gonna have to take a week off work to get some of these games finished before the next wave hits!

9. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Best vacation week ever !!! :D

Any tips for Hot shots being playing it and its making me rage pretty hard I'm struggle to place in the bronze league and have only one crown

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    The very first Wipeout update addressed load times and in my testing dropped them significantly.

Can't wait for Disgaea 3 on Tuesday. Still playing through Rayman to get 100%. ;)

Also can't wait for Street Fighter x Tekken. Was pretty surprised that Capcom never released a version of Street Fighter IV for Vita. :(

11. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Decided to attempt to get all the Welcome Park trophies last night, and much to my surprise I succeeded. The most frustrating trophy was probably the 15 piece sliding puzzle. Took me like 45 minutes.

12. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I tried that once and got bored of it. lol. One day I'll finish them. So far I got 100% in Mutant Blobs Attack as well as Super Stardust Delta (still need a couple from the DLC though) and I'm making my way to a platinum in Rayman. ;)

13. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    How was mutant blobs? Was the game fun/ good challenge getting the trophies?
    If you need any help on rayman I platinum'd that last week and also 100% star dust including the dlc. Both games are amoung my favorites ever :D

14. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I loved Mutant Blobs Attack. Fantastic game and well worth the $7.99. I wasn't a huge fan of the Tilt-A-Blob levels but try are just bonus levels. I found it very easy to 100%. But now that I've got 100% I still want to play it again. There is tons of character and care in the game then the conclusion, the final level was a bit of a surprise an a blast to play.

So far Rayman isn't too bad. Time trials and everything else seems pretty straight forward but I did need multiple attempts to get the trophy for the first time trail for the World 2 level 1, that one had me stumped for a bit.

15. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    That roughly the state of my progress as well although I actually don't have any crowns I haven't really worked that out yet it's probably because I keep playing the dailys tournaments instead of the main game

16. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I unlocked a crown by chance as I was playing through some of the earlier levels and now I'm obsessed with trying to get them! There are different things you have to do on each one to obtain them. There are guides on the net to what you have to do to acquire them but if you don't want to spoil it if you complete the main game it tells you on each hole what the requirement is apparently.

Haven't quite managed this myself yet as I'm just plugging away at the game in short stints on my lunch breaks and suchlike, so far I'm about half way through the bronze challenge levels and the difficulty has been ramped up considerably.

17. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Sold Marvel vs Capcom and got Dungeon Hunter :) gonna give a blast later-hopin Ubisoft has made it slightly better than the IOS gameloft one?
    Well wanted a nice level up kinda game and got put off Disgaea by the trailer boom dooooooode lol

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It's still made by gameloft, just published by Ubisoft. (same thing with Asphalt 6/Injection)

19. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #1439 Fireball926, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    Decided I'm going to get dungeon hunter. I mean most sites gave it a 7/10 and I'm pretty much dying to play an RPG on the vita. I'll probably get my brother to buy it and then we can do the Buy 2 get one free at gamestop. Can't wait!

EDIT: Just read PSN is going to be down for a 12 hour maintenance. 9AM eastern till 10PM EST. Urgggg......

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'd rather play a PSP RPG than get Dungeon Hunter, personally.

Also, not sure it's been posted, but apparently Street Fighter X Tekken for the Vita will have online multiplayer via Wifi AND 3G. Sounds awesome, didn't want this game, but might be a chance for me to actually use my 3G Vita.

Source: Joystiq(and Capcoms press release)