Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Mirai

Mirai Active Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Just to add my experience 2 months in, i'm happy with it, but the lack of games until Mortal Kombat have made my vita sit in a drawer since i finished Rayman Origins and Vice City Stories.
    Hopefully once Mortal Kombat, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and the holy grail of PSOne Classics, it won't leave my sight :)

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009

I have a feeling I'm going to buy this even though I always said I wouldn't..

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Resistance Burning Skies looks like it could well be by far the best fps ever on a handheld (at least until call of duty) I hope it has a large single player campaign though as well as decent multiplayer.

4. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

I gotcha, i gotcha lol keeps saying it

Game looks awesome!!!! Defo getting this and will tide me over until xmas? When hopefully cod comes out hehe

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I think it will hold up well over time. At least if call of duty doesn't have 6 on 6 multiplayer.

6. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Yeah, I hope for some decent single player too, especially as single player is what one will mostly be playing while out and about. But if they ever actually make a Bioshock title for the vita (with no recent news, one cannot help but doubt), I think that that will claim the title of best FPS ever on a hand-held.
    I'm really enjoying Rayman Origins at the moment, and it certainly has plenty of content, although I would kill for a good western RPG. Are there any psp ones available?

7. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I bet Bioshock vita will have a surprise E3 showing.

8. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Please for you own safety tell me you did NOT forget about gravity rush/daze :D

9. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

10. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Apparently a new Vita game was revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu called Soul Sacrifice. It's a first party Sony title, but not much is known about it, except that it will be an action game. The odd thing is they made a big deal out of it with a six page ad, which is highly unusual. IGN is currently speculating that it may be a Demon's Souls title (as Sony apparently owns the name) but I kind of doubt it.

Ad scans:
    http://andriasang.com/con0pf/soul_sacrifice_ad_pic/

More details:
    http://andriasang.com/con0pc/soul_sacrifice_ad/

11. There has been a lot of buzz about Soul Sacrifice being related to the two Souls games. I'd say to keep your expectations low (remember Game Heaven?).

This thread at NeoGAF is intriguing though: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470800

12. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #1473 earthclaw, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    Looks Awesome, but most of famitsu posted games never make it to the rest of the world. Japanese only launches..still waiting for valkyria chronicles 3. :S
    keeping my hopes up for persona 4 golden...and there are many others that they announced that still arent out yet.

Another good looking game is Blade & Soul (ps3) come on ncsoft. We need an Operation Rainfall for the Playstation platforms, Its working for the wii....xenoblade, the lost story...etc

13. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah, I think it's doubtful that it's related to either of the two Souls games. Could be, but I dunno. Can't say I remember anything happening with Game Heaven- just remember watching a video for it and going "okay?".

It may be a Japan only game, but it is a Sony game, and the ads (and website) both have a lot of English in them (which isn't typical- normally there's some English words here and there, but not completely translated sentences). I think it has a chance of being released elsewhere.

14. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    I hope your right, but doubtful...still waiting on Ragnarok Odyssey too :S

15. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Was just playing with Paint Park on the vita it's a simple little sketch program I quite liked it even though it's very basic but you can't beat free, I'm hoping it's a sign to come for more vita apps.

I was worried a little earlier when I couldn't get everybody's golf to find the server but it seems to be fine now (guess they were working on it), to check I just played a couple of the online tournaments just as the date switched so I got to be the first to play on one of them.

Also got my first crown in single player.

16. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Ugh, not sure what just happened. Was messing with Paint Park and tried the online mode and realized it was Ad Hoc. Got out of the app and my wi-fi would not connect. I finally just shut the Vita off after trying to reset my wi-fi, router and it worked again. Not sure what the issue was.

Anyone else experience an error like this?

17. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    They do maintenance on the everybody's golf servers every thursday. I can't remember the time frame though

18. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I found this awesome deal. It doesn't start for a few weeks but if this post is correct then Kmart is going to have one heck of a vita game sale in the coming weeks.

http://www.examiner.com/article/up-to-40-gaming-coupons-for-ps-vita-titles-at-kmart

You have to sign up for their email newsletter or what ever. Then they will give you two coupons one for $15 and another for $25 they can be used together on two game: Uncharted and Marvel vs Capcom. So if this actually is correct you could nab uncharted for around $10 with tax and .99 shipping!

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    You don't have that quite right. You don't get a coupon to use on those games. Rather, you buy those games at full price and then get coupons to use on a future purchase. If it's like such coupons from them in the past, they will have a very short time limit within which to use them. Like a week. Plus you won't be able to use them right away. They'll be valid the following week, most likely.