Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    The coupons normally last about 1-3 months in my experience, but Kmart has changed lately so I dunno.

2. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Ok that makes more sense thanks for clearing that up. I guess technically couldn't you buy the games online get the coupons and then return the full priced games?

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I could have sworn it was only 1 week when I did these last year, but maybe I'm mis-remembering. In any case this deal does sound like the same type of promo - you get a coupon after you purchase the game(s), not before.

4. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Anyone getting Resistance and/or Gravity Rush? I got an email blast from Amazon, pre-order both games for $79...

I may wait until a deal strikes with these games...

5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I'm planning to get Gravity Rush; not really decided about Resistance though.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

So I havent posted here much lately but I am having a blast playing DH:A on my lunches at work. (the only time I get to play it seems) The other day I finally got to lv 25 and got to do the pit of trials and man is it awesome, you have waves of baddies then a boss at the end who drops some pretty sweet gear.

You get no xp in the pit so you play the nomal game to advance then drop in the pit every so often to try to get awesome gear which you can use during the normal game also! I have to say this is my fav Vita title lol if you love loot games like me then go get it!

I can definately see myself wanting to get the 3 classes high in lv to see some awesome gear, I still havent seen a single red piece of gear!!!

7. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Wow that free drawing app needs more colors! Its like Draw Something, I kept looking for a button to buy more colors :\

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I haven't played with the drawing app that much, but somebody on another forum mentioned you can mix the colors to create new ones.

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

yep, if you tap two colours at the same time it mixes them!

10. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Red items are all Level 75, the only difference to the gold items is that they have 5 bonus attributes instead of 4.

11. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

The Merchant sells nice gear for blue bottle ive seen but you have to be level 30 to wear the stuff :(
    Only just got to level 13 but must say i agree with you, one of best titles i own :)

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    omg lv 75 is going to take forever to get.... what level do you get beating the campaign?

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I know i cant wait to get lv 30 for that gear! What class u playing or whats your fav so far?

14. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    If you do all the side-quests, about Level 45, don't remember exactly but I definitely only got the Level 50 trophy in my 2nd run. You'll get to Level 75 by starting a 2nd playthrough in Legendary difficulty easily.

The Rogue is by far the most funny to play and most powerful class in my opinion.

There's a second set of special armor in Legendary difficulty; this one only unlocks at Level 65 :eek:

15. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Playing as Rogue on first playthrough :) started off using twin daggers but now using a 2 handed spear thing lol!
    Hating the crossbows tho

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Are you serious another set on legendary difficulty at lv 65! Way to feed my loot drive buddy LOL :cool:

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Ya i have a war whos at like 27 or so and a mage and rogue who are low lv so far. Mage seems fun but gets hurt fast!

18. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    #1498 LucianOrb, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    Crossbows and 2-handed weapons not only are too slow but they also have lesser damage bonuses than bows and daggers for the Rogue, check at the stats page. And sooner or later you'll have to spend points into Strength which is nonsensical. The DPS of bows and dual daggers is way way higher.

The Rogue is all about speed and evasion, it gets incredibly fast with the Quickness and Lightning Strike skills, even more when you enter Legendary and can updgrade all skills to level 10, so most of the time I used a bow and killed nearly everything from afar. And when you get access to Poison Darts... well, then you enter Easy mode even for Legendary. Run into a mob of enemies -> spam Poison Darts everywhere -> retreat and watch them die.

19. 16-minute single player gameplay video of Resistance Burning Skies:

I'm still not sold on the game yet, but I might grab it anyways just to see what the first FPS on the Vita is like.

20. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Game looks good but the above video really disappointed me on one point the claims of a 6 hour campaign seems pretty weak to me, lets be honest if the prices are similar to a PS3 game I want the same length of gameplay. Only six levels when the PS3 resistance 3 has thirty and they will probably be priced similar.

I'll probably buy it anyway but I'm having my first doubts. I might have to wait for reviews first.