Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The one big difference between iOS and PC gaming is that on PC one can almost always change the graphics settings to make the game atleast run playably.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'm still not completely convinced by Resistance:BS. I have it preordered on Amazon, but I might cancel it and just Gamefly it instead.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm disappointed with the number of levels announced for the single player campaign but I'm still going to buy it, I think it's probably a fairly safe bet that it will be the best fps ever on a portable device (for now).

Also hopefully the campaign is bigger than I think.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #1724 S.I.D. CrAzY, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    Another Soul Sacrifice video, really good gameplay video.(there's two more on the channel)

5. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    StarDrone Extreme is a decent game. Cheap, challenging and fun to play.

6. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Looks really good! I'm surprised by the quality, definitely graphically impressive. I wonder how long its been in development?

7. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Nice!!! Coming Winter though and thatll be in Japan... So not so nice lol

8. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Haven't been here in a bit. I saw the Soul Sacrifice trailer and I looks very promising.

At the moment I'm still playing Disgaea 3. I also bought God of War Ghost of Sparta which I just finished for the second time, fantastic PSP game.

I also finally caved and bought Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and carried over my previous save, I think I made a mistake though...I'm still insanely addicted to the series and I think my Vita games will go untouched. :(

Looking forward to Gravity Rush and Resistance. I also applied for the LBP beta.

9. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Soul Sacrifice may not make it to North America and Europe. Keiji Inafune said global plans haven't been decided upon yet, but he is thinking about how to do it:

“An overseas version hasn’t been decided upon yet,” he said. “Since I’ve habitually talked about ‘global’ plans, naturally I am thinking about bringing how to bring this title overseas as well. From here, I’m communicating back and forth with overseas, including whether or not we can put it on the market.”

Hopefully this does come over, and it seems likely that it will- but if not, it's really easy to import japanese games via PSN (you need a second memory card though).

http://www.psvitahub.com/2012/05/soul-sacrifice-might-not-come-to-us.html

10. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm mainly playing disgaea 3 lately as well a few days ago I managed to get my hands on a guide for the PS3 version and I'm pretty amazed how many little tricks I knew nothing about.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What I'm surprised at is that nova 3 looks far better than resistance...and supports 12 players online vs resistances' 8. Surely the hardware, being nearly identical to the 3rd iPad, can support it.

12. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Yeah, but touch controls cannot replicate physical controls with a game as complex as NOVA or Modern Combat. This is especially the case with these games and the iPad. The controls are tolerable. Don't get me wrong. They aren't broken. Then again, they are no better then serviceable. They can never be anything more then that. I took one look how how bulky the control scheme was when attempting to play Modern Combat 3 online using an iPad and immediately decided that I wanted no part of it. The game was too fast and the control were too slow. I didn't want to deal with the heightened learning curve, just due to the cumbersome control scheme alone. Controls for games of this magnitude are a little more manageable when using an iPhone, but it's not the same. Not the same as actual dual analog sticks and real buttons.

13. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Nova 3 seriously, I've never been able to even complete a gameloft game due to bugs as far as I'm concerned they can keep it, also never seen them fix a bug either they are more likely to just tack on DLC or advertising.

I also think Resistance looks better, it obviously has far more lighting effects going on plus the incredibly important dual sticks.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Dynamic lighting like nova 3 with the barrel's flash coming into play? As many particle effects? No. Not from the trailers and gameplay I've seen...

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's a matter of what your used to, not what's better. You'd be very surprised at how good some ppl are with touch controls and hate analog sticks. Fully customizable helps a lot...

Plus the fps's of consoles are nerfed. Aim-assist like crazy, and you can't even turn quickly. I personally prefer keyboard and mouse, but that's just what I'm used to.

16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Who cares fps games suck on a touch screen end of story and gameloft games pretty much suck on everything.

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

MC3 still beats any Vita or other handheld game I know... (It is probably gamelofts best game though)

I don't think Resistance will change that, maybe CoD Vita will, but we'll see.

18. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'll just have to strongly disagree with you to me the gameloft fps games are a bad joke. I tried them and I really didn't think much of them pretty much like all their other games. Unit 13 has already beat the lot of them in my opinion nevermind the coming games.

19. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I had the same opinion as you on console vs touch when it came to FPS/3rdps until I had a go with Unit 13 on PSV. Fixed speed on analog looking/aiming vs touch+gyro looking/aiming.

The feeling of Mouse + Keyboard is just better emulated (for me) on a touch screen that allows me not only to flick at whatever rate I want, but to fine-tune my aim with subtle titling with the gyroscope.

I thought it was just a small gripe, and once I got used to Unit13 and adjusted my controls things were fine. Upon giving Nova 3 a go (and i haven't stopped), I was reminded again at just how much more precise and immediate I can be with a touch based FPS. I'm honestly shocked at this realization, it just doesn't compute... Whats more shocking is that touch controls have easily become my most favorite means of input for most games.

Oy...

20. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    I really struggle with FPS touch controls, especially on the ipad. I bought MC3 and NOVA 3, which i do like but, even after customising the controls it all still feels awkward for me.

Graphically, NOVA3 is good tho still very obviously a 'mobile game'. A bit laggy and terrible AI. I'll get my moneys worth, but hope for much more from Resistance.

Edit: aim assist is optional in multiplayer... I don't think it should be allowed at all