Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #1801 HardcoreEricXXX, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
    The iOS version either has the same amount of content or more. I kinda think that they added more content when they brought it over. The Mini launched on PSP before it launched on iOS and it was never updated with additional content.

On another note, I remember having a lot of fun with Echoes and Aero Racer, both by Halfbrick.

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Lol vita haters..

Stop comparing ####ing nova 3 with resistance.
    I have brand new iPhone 4S which is twice is much more expensive as my ps vita wi fi model with memory card.
    And nova 3 is a great looking game, but frame rate just kills it on my 4S
    Runs around 20~40 FPS. It might looks great but it comes to limitation to controls too. I didn't have any single problem with mc3. But with nova 3, frame issue, online lag issue, also control issue.
    I really don't see nova 3 as a better game than mc3. It has better graphics, and that's it. Nothing better than that.
    Now go back to resistance for the vita. Yes people compare this game is nova 3 but really? If you see most recent game play that has been shown in the interview(with ign staff) it shows one of the boss battle gameplay, I can't say enough but looks better than nova 3. I give a credit that iPad 3 has better resolution, but really, resistance looks way more fun than nova 3.

3. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I agree. I feel like the use of dual sticks makes it much easier to hit that kill zone.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I heard somewhere that cod was announced for the vita...is that true? If so that would be pretty awesome, and probably be a big selling point for the console.

Is it a port or a whole new game?

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Let's not get into that again. I'm not going to bring that up again or respond to it, it just leads to pointless arguments. It's like ps3 vs xbox all over again...

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    This is the only news that I've seen on it.
    http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1219068p1.html

7. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yep. It's supposed to be released in fall. There haven't been many details released on it so far. Nobody knows if it's Black Ops 2 or something completely different.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Looks nice...hopefully it's a whole new game instead of a rehashed port. Or maybe BOII will be released on the Cora along with everything else. THAT would be a real game changer for the vita's sales as long as they kept the multiplayer intact.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    *vita* not Cora stupid autocorrect.

10. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    Sony just announced a whole bunch of PSP games that are now (or soon will be) Vita-compatible. Still no MGS: Peace Walker, but I'm excited to re-download Split Second and Gods Eater Burst.

11. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I really wish cod vita would be bo2 so i can play zombies onto go.
    If activision is smart enough, they will make black ops 2 for the vita with cross play features, but what the hell, long as it has zombies, I can care less about cross play features

12. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Also there is a rumor going around the playstation all-star: battle royal is going to have a vita version. Target and best buy set the game for the pre order stocks. I hope it turns out to be true. Caz I don't get much time sitting around the couch and play ps3

13. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I am just wondering why the hell they still aren't putting mgs:pw into the NA psv store..
    I actually wanna see they make mgs: Portable HD collections. That would be really awesome

14. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    The MGS: HD Collection is coming to the Vita. If you have a PS3, you can download MGS:pW and then transfer it to your Vita.

15. There's supposed to be a new PlayStation Vita Game Heaven "broadcast" in June. I'm not sure what to expect after that last disaster of an event, but hopefully we at least get something on the level of PSO2.

16. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Does appear to be some weird decisions going on, As an example I can download peace walker, GTA etc but the UK Vita PSN is missing Jeanne De Arc it's almost like sony is trolling us by having different titles for different countrys.

UK PSN doesn't even have the MMA game that came out on Vita a few months back, I know it got bad reviews but I was still kinda interested.

17. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    You wouldn't think it would make a difference, but some versions of the same game won't run on the Vita. The Japanese and European versions Motorstorm: Artic Edge worked fine on the Vita at launch, but the North American version is incompatible. Even though they're practically exactly the same, the slight differences in the code can cause issues.

The games I want on PSN the most are KH: BBS and FF VII: CC.

18. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    No I know that, but its $30 and if you go to best buy, it's only $20
    I do not get it. They do have peace walker in Japanese psv store. Why not just put over to either PSV hd collection or psv store?... I don't know... I can just tell they are just lazy as ####

19. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #1819 HardcoreEricXXX, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    Their pricing for PSP games is very archaic, but I can personally vouch that Peace Walker is worth every bit of $30. It really is disgusting how good that game is.

What I can't understand is Ace Combat, Tekken, SOCOM 3, and Soul Calibur all being $40 still. You'd think after two years or more they'd get a little price drop.

20. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    That's weird and again shows the difference between the PSN stores

Ace Combat Joint Assault is only £7.99 on the UK store , Tekken 6 £15.99 (or with soul calibre for £23.99), Socom 3 is the cheapest £6.99 all socoms priced the same.

Persona 3 is the most expensive I can find at £23.99