Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    So how linear is golden abyss? And how's the AI?

2. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Waaay more than my I ever got with my iPod. On n a full charge, I get about 20 minutes of browsing with my iPod, and I'm not even kidding. I don't even use it to play music anymore like I used to. I'd sell it but I'm afraid I'd be ripping someone off if I sold it for more than 30 dollars. I know I can get away with at least 100$ easily, but scamming people is just not my tune.

More to answer your question though, I've never actually tested it, but to be honest I don't recall many times it's even showed the 'low battery' warning. But it has turned off on me once but I wasn't running it from a full charge. I'd estimate 5 hours of gameplay, or even more if you disable wifi and Bluetooth.

3. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #1863 HardcoreEricXXX, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
    Metal Gear Solid just said on Facebook that MGS collection will launch June 12. I'm pretty sure they had only said it would launch late June before, but they may have said the 12th and I'm just mistaken.
    I might cancel my preorder on Resistance and hope for a Buy 2 Get 1 free deal on that week. That way I can get Gravity Rush, Resistance, and MGS.

4. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Just checked out infinity blade dungeons by epic games... And I have to say.. Disappointment. Like come on... They have touch/swipe controls instead of button and virtual sticks on the screen...
    Touch/swipe dugeon crawler?... No thank you..
    Sure it looks nice but really, those controls just ruins the gameplay.

5. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Yeah, the first one they made. Excatly same one they have on PSN store for ps3... Disappointment... It just shows gameloft should stick with mobile gaming for now.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's out???

7. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
  8. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    No but touch arcade posted the new trailers and there is new gameplay on white iPad on the YouTube. Yeah you touch place to place to move.. Swipe enemy to attack... ):
    I want buttons, you know?
    BUTTONS

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You can most likely change the control configuration, that's almost a given. Epic would be stupid not to allow that. And yeah, buttons are good but, honestly, the only time I really think "man I wish I had a controller for this" is when I'm playing a beat-em-up like street fighter or the old GL game, blades of fury. For instance, I could never imagine god of war being ported to ios simply because it's all about combos, and it would be hard to get a decent control system for a touch interface. (plus apple doesn't allow nudity) but gow is on the psp, right?

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    GL needs to put more effort and $ into the story, voice acting and originality that shiny graphics. Both are preferred, though, but right now they need to stop ripping off othe franchises and create some of their own. Nova 3 started to break away from halo, but how about something entirely original???

11. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Good call, i've just bought Peacewalker and will trade in unit 13 at some point

12. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Yep, two god of war games on psp, and the best quality game you could find on psp. To be honest, I think ghost of Sparta looks better than god of war 2 on ps2.
    But yeah. iOS gaming starts to having control problems as they go on more buttons on the screen. Nova 3 just proved how poorly the controls works compare to mc3.

13. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Oh and no, they are lost likely to go half rail style control with this game. Because just like mass effect on ios, you can move freely, but you can't shoot anytime you wants to. Same thing is happening for IBD

14. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Like I said, gameloft doesn't have creative idea at all. Why would they make something not copy of other games when they could just make copy version of console games on mobile devices and make millions with IAP and all these different stuffs? They don't even need to hire people for creative ideas. Lol seriously, storyline setting in all gameloft games are pathetic.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ghost of Sparta...what's that? You don't mean hero of sparta, do you? Lol no way that looks better that GoW on the ps2.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You get used to nova's controls, but they're never as mc3's. All of this could be easily fixed if GL would just allow full customization...

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta is a PSP God of War game.

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Ghost of Sparta is the second God of War game for PSP.

There is..
    God of War: Chains of Olympus
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    IBD looked more like a free roam, dungeon hunter style, in the keynote.