Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    The first NOVA already made it to the PSP as a mini, and they were porting the first Modern Combat as well.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think all Gameloft games should be minis in honestly they aren't worth anywhere near the price of a professional games company but I suppose at least on Vita they can't suddenly turn paid games freemium or suddenly boom adverts without real lawsuits.

On another note has anyone been buying any minis on the vita I've noticed a few I already have on IOS I woldn't mind trying with real controls like speedball 2 and the Carnivore games.

3. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Nah... I have enough 'minis' style games on iOS as it is. I'm really just waiting for Resistance, Gravity Rush and the MGS collection. I played a bit of the Gravity Rush Demo in store, and I've been itching to have a better try ever since.

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I agree. I would rather have the real deal. Killzone, Resistence, Call of Duty, but both Asphalt and Dungeon Hunter are significantly improved gaming experiences on the Vita as opposed to iOS.

5. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    I need killzone vita gameplay now.
    E3 can't not come soon enough

6. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Anyone get the new tank AR game? Any good?

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe is finally working. Awesome.

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Love that game I still think it's the best tower defence going.

Bit off topic but I bought a new phone and was comparing screens yesterday and I think the vita screen is on par with the Samsung Super Amoled screens if I didn't know better I'd swear they were the same type of display. I think Sony has probably improved the OLED in a similar way to Samsung.

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly the vitas screen is made by Samsung. I could be wrong though...

10. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Im really looking forward to Retro City Rampage hopefully next week :)

Anyone got the AR tank game? Not really into the whole AR stuff,deleted all the free games as never touched em.

Roll on next Fri Resistance :) hehe

11. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Also a Rugby game... June 27th
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Jonah+Lomu+Rugby+Challenge/news.asp?c=41250

And a Monkey Ball Game-Oct 26th
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Super+Monkey+Ball%3A+Banana+Splitz/news.asp?c=41254

Wont be getting either lol, make me happy E3-pleeeeeeeeeease!

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Really? They announced it? Hmm it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. Cross platform play, maybe?

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    So far have most of the vita games announced/released been ports or original games?

And any chance we'll ever see resident evil or amnesia or dead space on the vita?

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    How about splinter cell?? Just started chaos theory and it would be amazing if they could port that to a handheld. The iOS game (conviction) had terrible AI...

How's the AI for resistance, anyone know?

15. Der-Kleine

16. Der-Kleine

Here are some screenshots from the level editor

(the buttons in the second picture are blank, because I took the screenshot during a transition so that there'd be less on the screen)

Attached Files:

17. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I wonder if Hodapp has a Vita.

18. Der-Kleine

I'm quite sure he doesen't, of the podcast crew only Brad has one.

19. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    They haven't announced NOVA 3 for the Vita yet- that was a joke.

The majority of games announced have been original games. There have been quite a few ports announced though.

I think there is a decent chance of Dead Space coming to the Vita, and Resident Evil has a chance as well, though Capcom seems content with the 3DS. Not sure about Amnesia- that game never made it to consoles, and they are an indie dev, so the likelihood of it on Vita seems low (though the first game was a big hit, so the sequel may get picked up by a big publisher).

There are currently no Splinter Cell games rumored or confirmed for the Vita yet- but that doesn't mean we won't see any. It seems likely Ubisoft will put some sort of Splinter Cell game onto the Vita at some point in the future.

Resistance: Burning Skies is not currently out yet, though the devs have said that the AI should be on par with the PS3 games- not the same though.

Should also be noted that it started development as a PS3 game, and was then optimized for the Vita- they didn't sacrifice or cut anything out in the conversion, so 8 player multiplayer was a design decision. Would've been cool to see a higher player count, but whatever. Resistance 3 also had a lower player count than previous titles.