Universal Pocket Army - (by Pine Entertainment Company Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Reekok

Reekok Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    And sry for the mistakes autocorrection from my iPhone

2. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Okay got up to campaign 170 in my lunch break and will keep plowing through for that boss :- )

So what is better? the 2600 gem ring? Or the latest lightning ability? I can only afford one and was wondering what people think is better for the last boss. I think the skill personally but I don't know how hard that last guy hits yet. How does it compare to grand cross for example? Cause that hits me for close to half life right now... but I can handle it.

3. Reekok

Reekok Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    If U dont earn any Ring buy the Ring, but the Last skill IS also so powerfull! I dont know how Often U Play PA, but if you have Time U are able to buy both, ok it will Take a Long Time but maybe u can buy some Gems via InApp purchase, because this will help U to GET faster Gems And you can help the developers! I actually dont Need to buy Gems, but from Time to Time I buy some Gems to help them ;)

4. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #924 eflin, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    Thanks for the thoughts. I play a couple times of day for short sessions only so it does take a long time to build up gems. Right now I have 2700 and that has taken me probably 2-3 weeks to gather. So getting both right now is kind of out of the question. It's the main reason I still have the ring that only gives you 1,100 HP... (unlocked at level 8... wooo!). I just keep needing my gems for other things (usually skills).

My thinking is... buying a new ring would significantly up my max life (I'd get 7,000 to 8000 HP which is well over 1/3 of my current max... close to half even)... but all that does is buy me a larger buffer. With the way I play (with no troops) it's more about dodging than anything else so if I'm getting hit I'm likely in trouble anyway.

Meanwhile getting a strong damage ability kills the enemies faster which is quite helpful to my play style. It gets my job done quicker so I don't have to dodge as long. Can you tell me how it's damage compares to divine lightning perhaps? Because that is what it'd be replacing for me if I buy it. If it's significantly higher I think that might be the way to go for me especially since I'll get a small boost to life when I finish the ultimate weapons quest (75% of the way!).

And I don't think I will be buying any gems. I have a strong aversion to IAP. I have no problem buying games but I really am not a fan of IAP unless it's new content and even then only if I think it's reasonable (for example expansions in carcassone). I have never and likely will never do an IAP to just unlock stuff faster. That's part of the reason I've been a fan of Pocket Army so far. The IAP has felt purely optional. Good job with that Andre!

EDIT: got the lightning... And am unimpressed. It's not bad for mobs but not very helpful on bosses. Ah well. I guess I'll start saving up for a ring :- )

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    OK, time to ask the group...

Is it normal behavior to have all my top-level skills not damaging the Campaign 170 General/Boss? I'm currently at Level 68.

After using about 40 Potions and losing about 80 troops, I'm not even denting him.

I know my sword is weak-ish (1st Abaddon), but my troops are maxed, I've got the highest purchasable armor, and my skills are not even showing damage. I'm obviously not using skills while he is using skills, so it's not that.

Anyone got any tips? Should I just hang tight and wait to finish the Lucifer/Abaddon 2 Events?

Oh, and yes, the prices on the Rings are a bit high. Sorry Andre.:eek:

TIA,

DBC

6. pumpkinchu

pumpkinchu Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Looks Great!!!

7. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #927 Andre, Dec 11, 2012
    @All: Do you think that the boss in campaign 170 is too hard? And should we re-balance the skill? :confused::p. By the way, thanks a lot for the comment: "I actually dont Need to buy Gems, but from Time to Time I buy some Gems to help them". I love it too much. :p:D:eek::rolleyes::cool:

@DBC: don't worry, We will try to change its price, my friend. :)

8. Reekok

Reekok Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I dont think the Boss IS Too Hard, just skillful --> I know These Bosses in the Lava LVL are extrem Hard to Beat, but its possible!
    And np, U do a Great Job with this Game And U should be supported!

@ Elfin: In my opinion U have to Need both Things to Beat the Last Boss! But now i Would say buy the skill, because it helps U to kill the enemies faster, And then Save the Gems to Get a better ring! But its much more Fun to habe a New skill insteadof a New Ring!

9. Alligat0rbl00d

Alligat0rbl00d Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Re-balancing the skill would be great. But also changing the way how the skills work would also be great. For example the ultimate revenge and the grand cross.Frankly, it's quite disheartening how players have to pay dearly for the skills and not even damaging a bit on the generals(excluding earlier ones),lucifer and abbadon (not really sure about the lava boss).But this is just my opinion :)

Overall,I don't really have any problems apart from that concern with the skill.I really admire how Andre and the developers are active and listening to the suggestions players are making.The most important and unique aspect of Pocket Army. And that is why exactly I love this game. :)

10. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Care to share any Lava Levels/170 Boss tips? I'm sadly guessing my current weapons aren't up to the task, but I'm closing in on Lucifer's Sword, and Abaddon's 2nd level gear will get here shortly, probably about a week or so at my current rate.

As I said previously, my skills aren't damaging the Level 170 boss, so it's going to have to be weapons...

I just topped out my Level (69), so gaining HP or Attack/Block Power is out.

BTW, do we still gain experience after hitting Level 69?

DBC

11. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #931 Drummerboycroy, Dec 11, 2012
    ^All of this!^

The Skill part wouldn't even bother me if it weren't so unbalanced vis-à-vis the comparable power when it's used ON you.

It's a little frustrating to use the Skills on a Boss with a lower level than mine and have them essentially bounce off, while the same Boss using the same Skill takes over half my HP...:rolleyes::mad::eek:

As for the stuff about Andre and PE (Pine Entertainment), well, I could gush for days, but yeah, I agree.:D

DBC

12. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Lots of topics! I'll try to touch each briefly

1) Rings = We are all in agreement... expensive.... Would be nice if they were tweaked

2) Campaign 170 Boss. The last ability (with all the explosions) is the only one that shows a noticeable dent to his life... that said I can guarantee the others are doing damage too. It's just very small and gradual. He is quite tough but very beatable. You just need to focus a lot more on survivability and skill rather than just upgrading yourself and your units till you can slug it out with him. You will lose such a contest. It's more about being able to dodge than how strong you or your army are. See my comments from a day or two ago about fighting Lucifer. The same comments apply here really.

I don't think the boss needs to be tweaked.

3) Skills need to be overhauled. I think I've stated my opinion on this plenty. One new thought though is that my proposed solution would throw off the game balance ALOT. Specifically with enemy generals. We will be doing a lot more damage to them so you might need to buff them in other ways... that said they will also get a huge boost if you fix the healing skills... X% of the ridiculous life totals they have will be tough to recover from before the ability is recharged so you might need to implement a maximum number of times the AI uses the ability (but don't put the limit on the player or that will be very frustrating I think)

4) Agreed on Andre and Pine comments. It's great having such proactive developers and it shows in their final product!

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I can't take a tips to you, because I have said that, I lost 3 teams to attack him beside using a lot of potions. (In previous comment, I've said that I used 30 potions, but it's not enough when I attacked him again. I've lost double of potions one hours ago)=> It depends on your skills when playing the game.:eek::p:D

When your level is 69, you will not gain XP, because in this version, level 69 is max. :(

14. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    If I may ask, does anyone here have an idea of how much our stats rise with each level we grow? (Also asking you Andre, though I'm not sure if you'd want to give away too much of the gaming mechanics :p)

15. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    30 potions? ouch! That would be almost 2/3 of my current reserve (then again I've never purchased one... all mine are looted from chests!) I beat that dude last night and only needed to use 1 large potion and 2 small ones... and that was only because he hit me with the mortar ability.... Only one blast got me before I activated an ability but it took 75% of my life! Man do I need to get a better ring.... my max HP isn't even 15,000....

But yeah I can't stress enough how important dodging and healing is on the tougher guys. You can't win a slug fest so you need to dash in and out a lot and try to avoid damage while slowly whittling down the enemies life. That and the mortar ability does a good chunk every time it recharges... love that thing!

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    We consider to change it to lower price, my friend.

Thanks a lot for your feedback about the bosses. It will help us to resolve some issues which we are having now. :)

I'm doing it, and I hope that it won't be out-balance if I change. :(

Please do not commended me.It will make me feel embarrassing :p:p:D

17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I'm sorry that I do not have permission to know these parameters. Other part designs them, not our part. :(:mad::(

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    In many times playing campaign with bosses, I can try to dodge skills from them, but yesterday, I don't know how to dodge them:eek:. Maybe because I was so slow. Let's attack them again. :D:p:cool:

19. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    So, if I'm reading you right, are you essentially saying everyone on the leaderboards with more than approximately 10,000,000 XP has hacked the game?:eek::mad:

DBC

20. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Yes, sure about it. :mad::mad::mad::mad: