Universal Pocket Army - (by Pine Entertainment Company Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 18, 2012.

1. champion64

champion64 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Student
    A place in, Canada
    Just curious, how long is the arena?

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Has anyone played the Arena yet?:eek:

I'm really wanting to check it out, but I don't want to waste my 2x potion...:eek::(;)

DBC

3. Alligat0rbl00d

Alligat0rbl00d Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Don't worry I tried it out. Just survive till 20th wave. You'll meet abbadon. :)

4. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Would it be worth using one of my 2x potion charges in the Arena? What's the Gem haul like?

DBC

5. champion64

champion64 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Student
    A place in, Canada
    I didnt get any gems, and i was on wave 14 or 15

6. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    :eek:

Whoa. OK then, I won't be visiting the Arena for a few days... when my 2x Potion is gone.;)

Thanks for the report!:D

DBC

7. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Is it just me, or does "Wave 20" and "gem hauls" remind you of another little nostalgic game? ;)

8. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Tru dat...:D

BTW, when May comes and Grad School ends, I'll be looking to retake my position in that other game if you're interested...;)

Oh, and this game is WAY cuter.;):D

Have you seen the PA Arena yet?

DBC

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Hi friend,

There are a vacation in our country now, so sometimes I will answer your questions/issues of new version or or ideas of next verson late. I hope that you will not disappoint about it. :)

Thanks and regards,

10. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I'll join you as soon as I make a backup of my iPad data: I just tried using my iPhone to log in while overseas, and it gave me a blank savefile. I was under the impression they used iCloud saving for that game, but doesn't appear so...

I've yet to see the Arena yet, I'm afraid: gaming time is quite scarce while I'm travelling.

Andre, thanks for keeping us posted -- not too many developers let us know of stuff like that in advance :D

11. Alligat0rbl00d

Nov 25, 2012
    no don't worry as I have said you get the same amount 36 gems IF you could make it to wave 20 and defeat abbadon. It is worth. The amount of gold is also doubled too.

12. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    New favorite thing on my iPhone...

Pocket Army Arena!:D

Just went 22 waves... AWESOME!:D

DBC

13. e-lite

e-lite Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Experience above level 69

Hello guys! I just hit Level cap 69 today at somewhere around 9.9 mil experience points which placed me somewhere in the top 400 in game center. But when I look in game center I see the top people there have like 4.2 BILLION experience points at level 69, how is that even possible? How do they gain experience points after hitting level 69? Mine is just stuck at what I had when I hit 69. Really confused!

14. Alligat0rbl00d

Nov 25, 2012
    They simply hacked.:mad:

15. e-lite

e-lite Member

Feb 14, 2013
    What do you mean "Hacked" ? Did the 300-400 people ranked higher then me hack game center? Sounds a bit far fetched.

16. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Very likely, actually, especially if they're distributing the same savefile around or something -- quite a few other games are victim to this sort of system.

17. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Far-fetched? Really? How long exactly have you been involved with iOS gaming?

Trust me, you won't be nearly so dubious a year from now...;)

Oh, and yes, they are ALL hacked scores.

Edit: How's this for rich? Since I gained the "highest level" in PA, my ranking has DROPPED substantially. Figure that one out... or just get depressed, like I did.

DBC

18. Alligat0rbl00d

Nov 25, 2012
    Yes mate they hacked. There is no way we can beat them lol. So technically we are at our peak. even better than them.

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #1119 undead.exe, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    Little idea for the programmers: add a little programming code in to mess around with the hackers. For example, if their level or EXP is higher than the maximum possible, make it so they die in one hit :p

Or, even better, if it's somehow possible to make their leaderboard scores go backwards, make the game automatically upload a base score of 1 EXP to the leaderboards so they get sent back to the beginning?

----

What I don't get is why people enjoy hacking the leaderboards with unrealistic scores: isn't that a bit like branding yourself (your GC name, rather) with a stigma?

20. e-lite

e-lite Member

Feb 14, 2013
    I’ve been in iOS gaming since mid 2008 when appstore first was released, and I was actually a beta tester of app store a few months prior to that.
    I have seen jailbreak game hacks/cracks/cheats that is performed on the local files on the actual device, but never a hack that has a remote (game center) effect.
    Anyhow, if the game is so unsecure and easily hacked that 300 people on the ranking list can hack it, then it’s the developers fault, not the players. The developer should take this very seriously especially since the game involves real-world-money items and perks. Completely irresponsible and makes the developer appear incompetent.

I have another question. I am at the moment struggling with the campaigns in the 175-> range and seem to get beat up A LOT. I’m spending potions in a ridiculous rate and have invested some gems in buying the attack, defense and HP seeds, but for every seed I buy the price goes up substantially. Is this a bug or is it meant to be like that? Because I was looking at some strategy videos on youtube and in a few clip I see the guy buying seeds but the price stay at 25 gems. Is that also a hack?