Universal Pocket Build (by MoonBear)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 1, 2017.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I love it so much when devs come here and chat with us, just for that I’ll get it! I’d love to see storms or natural disasters (flood, fire, tornado et ...) in what could be a fun way to see your city turning to ashes, but it isn’t necessary. My biggest wish would be to see a populous or Sim City type of game on iOS, but there aren’t any. This one looks great!

2. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    #22 Collin, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    I also, for the life of me, couldn’t figure out how to delete anything. I’ll try the long tap, but having to long tap really interferes with the flow of building; especially if you have a bunch of tiles you decide you want to remove.

I think I would prefer a dedicated ‘delete’ tile, or something. I know interfaces can be tricky to perfect, but I think it would help.

I only had about 10 minutes to play around with it so far, but I do like the potential.

(Edit) long tapping - tapping and holding - isn’t working for me. iPad Pro iOS 11.

3. pixelcry

pixelcry Member

Sep 24, 2013
    cannot see a video about it anywhere:(

4. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hey :) thank you for purchasing my game. I'd love to hear your ideas. Feel free to post them here or email me them through my website http://moonbear.co (I promise i'm working on a new website)

I love talking to players and fans and hearing their awesome ideas :) Natural disasters sounds very interesting. I have added this to my notes. Adding people and animals in the game is in the pipeline and you should be seeing this being implemented in upcoming updates :)

Thanks for purchasing :) I have noted the dedicated delete button idea. I am planning on implementing something similar to Tapped Out where you can select multiple objects at a time.

Does the iPad Pro support touch pressure/3d touch? If yes, objects can be deleted be pressing down on each object with a little pressure. I will look into why this isn't working for you.

You can view the video on the App Store. I will upload a video on youtube today :)

5. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I would even pay for DLC in the future if this game would have themes like fantasy terrains and stuffs, post- apocalyptic theme, futuristic theme, modern day life and alot more ideas

6. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Deleting

I can confirm that touch-hold delete works on my iPhone 6 but not on my iPad Pro. Both on iOS 10.3.2.

7. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I’m assuming it does support touch pressure, since pressing and holding on app icons on the home screens allows me to move them around.

I tested the game on my iPhone 6S, and I’m able to delete tiles. Doing the exact same thing on my iPad Pro 12” does nothing.

8. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Interesting idea :) I have some game models for a post-apocolyptic pack which haven't been released. To start I think I will release that as a free pack in an update.

It seems the issue is only occurring on iPad Pro. Are you guys using an Apple Pencil? Currently investigating this.

9. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I am not using an Apple Pencil. Just my finger.

10. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I figured out the issue and will be releasing an update that fixes this.
    It seems on the iPad pro the touch pressure feature is only detected when using an Apple Pencil.
    I just need add some separate conditions for iPad pro to detect when using fingers.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. I will get this update out as soon as possible :)

11. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thank you.

12. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    #32 Jaynesh, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    New update just got approved :)
    [​IMG]

13. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    Keep up the good work and glad for the fix so other peeps can enjoy this fully

14. Cytona

Cytona Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I too would see the game brought more to life, not just simply adding people and animals but i would like to see people interacting with the environment such as chopping tree, fishing, hunting, tending the farm or hanging out at the taverns. I guess it is not a difficult thing to achieve but I’ve always wanted to see those things that were implemented so well in Anno 1404 Venice and unfortunately have set a high bar for me when it comes to city builders :p

That said, I’ll buy the game as soon as you add people and animals to the game because I’m dying for a premium city building experience on my devices. Best of luck man.

15. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Definately this. AI behavior might take awhile. I'll be contented with at least inhabitants first just standing and walking about. Pretty much Life is missing from the worlds i can create here.

16. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Thank you for the feedback guys :)
    I am currently working on features that add more life to the game. AI is very complicated and I want to make sure I do it right so I will be implementing this step by step.

The first thing I will be adding is animals. They will just be simple little animals that roam around the world.

A few things are also in pipeline for the next few updates:
    - Animals can eat the crops. If animals get too hungry they will die.
    - People.
    - People can be assigned various tasks. Hunting, fishing, chopping trees. etc
    - People can die if they get too hungry.
    - Day/night cycle

Here is a screenshot of one of the animals in progress:
    [​IMG]

I am a solo developer, so it can take time but it will get done :) Every little helps so even if you purchase now to help support the development, or tell your friends about this it will help greatly.

17. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    And here it is animated:

[​IMG]

18. Cytona

Cytona Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Haha ain’t that a little happy lad :D

I’m happ to know you’re taking our satisfaction to heart. Downloading it right now as I’m typing this, hope it will keep you motivated.

19. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    Hmmmm if animals will die it will remove the relaxing and worry-free vibe on this game.. i would like to have this game with no pressure at all and just seeing a lively town out of my imagination come to life on a day and night cycle

I would be happy as long as i see people living their normal life in there and roaming animals

20. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Could be an option so that everyone wins. I’d personally rather it went in a more simulation direction but would hope that players who felt otherwise were equally accommodated.