Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. zmac123

zmac123 Active Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Big thanks to Snappy and Sneeb for the recent frogs.

Does anyone have a glass pruni bovis. My color wheel won't make it and it's the last I need to have 100% of the bovis breed.

2. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Real life calls & its strong siren song is one I cannot resist.

A wonderful weekend with family & friends has shown me what's critical to me at this time in my life.

Thanks to all my wonderful trader friends from all over the globe but I AM NO LONGER TRADING. DONT SEND ME ANYTHING FOR I WON'T RECIPROCATE.

I'll do the Weekly Set but not much else. Maybe, eventually, I won't even do those, who knows.

I wish you all well. May you hop high, breed well, & reach whatever goal you set for yourself.

I've had a super fantastic time on this forum over, what, 2 years, but now's my time to go. Life, real life, calls & simply must go. It has been fun. Oh, so much fun, but everything has an end. For me, it's now.

Take care. Be well. But, above all, ENJOY !!!!

3. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    #23843 SnappyMcfrog, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    Thanks for your participation in PF trading and contributions to the TA forum. Wish you all the best for the future, Lisi. You will be missed here.

Sent a starter set to MommaKitty2012

Thanks to Dom for Two Yellow Lucus,
    Miamare for a Maroon Ligo, Yellow Biplex, Purple and Maroon Insero, Beige Obaro and Puncti, two Orange Mixtus, and a Marine Puncti,
    Jklau for a Purple Arbor,
    Gracesqx for a Yellow Vinaceus,
    Zmac123 for an Emerald Magus,
    Frogparent0 for a Green Ornatus,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

A nice night to everyone, :)

4. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    Had to come back in to say hi/bye to one of my first froggy friends, lisi. Happy hopping!

I'm still steadily dexing and gifting. Thanks to all my trading friends. I've never been so addicted to a game. Check out my siggie!

--Q

5. JaysonGary11

JaysonGary11 New Member

Aug 14, 2012
    someone please sebd a obaro frog to me

Plus is is jaysongary11

6. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    Xmas in August

Nce again thanks so much to Snappy nd Dominic.

I think Florescos and Pingos are really beautiful. I should be working on lower level frogs for my dex, but keep getting seduced by the higher level and more gorgeous frogs, can't help it.

Hope I get more chances to reciprocate sometime!

7. Friesianfury

Friesianfury New Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Hello everyone!!

Im new to the game and am only a lv6 player almost a lv7. I started playing yesterday and im just over the moon about the little frogs. I have nothing great or much but would love to have neighbors and even gift some of my frogs!

My user name is friesianfury :D

8. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks to Dom for a Red Lucus,
    Jklau for an Orange Arbor,
    Maholah for a Blue Signum,
    Gracesqx for a Blue Obaro,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently. :)

Good evening to all.

9. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Welcome to the forum. I will have several Obaro for you later today.

10. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Welcome to the forum. I will be sending you some gifts shortly. Enjoy!

11. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    This tread seems to be very long, anybody else getting errors? Can we start a new PF trading tread?

12. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Pocket Frogs, Gift, Sets & advice.

Pocket Frogs Trading Thread is over 2,384 pages long. So, this is a thread to continue that conversation. If you would like to find people to trade sets, gift or give frogs or advice on how to complete the FroggyDex then this is the place.

13. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Starting the thread with my current status.

I'm Sneebdubple friend me in the game :)

Will gift / trade :D make a note in PF+ what frogs you want.

Thanks everybody for gifts! Any NEW frogs I get, I take with thanks no matter what color they are. Am 81% of DEX as of 08/15/2012 So if you see what color I'm on & want one, please let me know. Also at about level 37 the game gives tons of free stamps in the pond, so please don't worry about trying to give me back 1 to 1 for frogs, especially if you are new to the game and haven't gotten all the habitats yet.

Right now am Dexing 32 remaining frog breeds by color order in the DEX to Glass :) I've finished ALL frogs Maroon to Green :) Tho I have most of the glass for some reason, :rolleyes: those are pretty.

P.s. Don't give me any of the rare / special frogs, done with them all + Velatus, Africanus, Puncti & Veru leaving 32 / 53 frogs that can be won in races or found in pond gifts.

For any new players who wonder if they have all the special / rare frogs here is a list of the frog names found in the DEX: Tribus, Lanterna, Glacio, Ludo, Marinus, Dextera, Geminus, Bulla, Orbis, Obaro, Persona, Vinaceus, Gyrus and Trivium, Bulbus & Signum.

14. Locama0

Locama0 Active Member

Aug 16, 2012
    UK
    *waves*

Hi all! A new thread has inspired me to quickly introduce myself. I've been addicted to PF for quite a while now (level 19) and recently gifted a few frogs to forum people and received some too.

My Plus ID is locama0.

15. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Started a new trading thread, :D Pocket Frogs , Gift , Sets & advice. The only way I can post here to page 2384 is via my iPad , get thread maxed out error on my old compy.

Please join me at: Pocket Frogs, Gift, Sets & advice.

Grand hoppy frogging :) everybody, Sneebdubple

16. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Hi Locama0 :) thanks

17. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Advice on how to complete the FroggyDex

Hi all, I've been playing PF a while, DEX at 82% today, and I want to complete it, so I thought it might be a good idea to share what I've learned. Here's some advice, take it or leave it, :) it's a game, it's just a long game.

1. Play the odds. Seems obvious enough. The PF game breeding is just a random number game really. If you want a frog and you breed it with another random frog that has the accent and body color you want, you have a 1 in 8 chance of getting that frog.

If you breed the same breed or the same body or accent color, then you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the frog you want.

The reason I breed by color is because the easiest odds are to want 2 out of 4 frogs or 50%. Example: So if I breed a Tingo Glass Veru frog with another breed that's a Glass Bruna Magus and I want both a NEW Tingo Glass Magus and a NEW Glass Bruna Veru then, when I get one, I breed the other with a different Glass frog that has an accent color to give to the frog I didn't get.

This way I'm always adding new frogs to the DEX and working my way through colors I have much less times where I'm trying for just 1 new frog out of 4. You can do the same thing with one breed but, it's much more confusing to me, and in the end you always have a 1 in 4 chance or 25% frog to breed for every single body color. (there are 23, and only 16 accent colors, so you do the math and the odds are better breeding by color, than by breed.)

Once a breed in a color is done, get rid of it, and go on to the next and only the last breed in the DEX in that body color has to be breed at 25% odds.

Also, I find that for some reason, some of the frog breeds are very stubborn. So I have found the best thing to do is try other frog, i.e. breed it with a less stubborn breed, (rather than make 8 or 16 dud frogs, all the same, that you don't want.)

2. IGNORE the big expensive 16 frogs Veru & Magus for as long as you can. I noticed pretty early on that the game kept giving me these two frogs as gifts in the pong. I thought they were ugly so I didn't breed them. I think that the entire Veru breed and possibly most of the Magus are in the pond. By the time my DEX reached 51% I had 72% of the Veru and 70% of the Magus, most of them from pond gifts.

3. Dex the frogs you can't find in the pond or win in races first. If you feel like dexting a big frog, go for Signum or Bulbus.

The only way to get the following breeds is to buy them for 25 potions in the FrogMart or have a buddy Gift them to you. Rather than repeat myself in this already long post, a complete list of these non-gift non-race winnable frogs is in my intro two posts up.

Why do this? because while you are breeding and taming these frogs you can find the other frogs or win them in races.

4. When you get a gift in the pond, always check for the word NEW.

If it just says whatever the name of the frog is, but doesn't have the word NEW in the blurb, then you have already dexted that frog.

5. Racing. I have found that the best racers seem to be speedy with just one more stamina. i.e. Marine Albeo Arbor, Speed:66 Stamina: 67.

This said, it seems Stamina is more important to BIG frogs as they have a much longer race and Speed is more important to common low number frogs.

When to give a potion boost seems to be right on the 3 M line and only give a potion boost if you can see the frog ahead of your frog or gaining on your frog.

6. Trade / Gift with your friends :) most fun way to complete the Dex.

My lowest frog breed is Spinae 61.41% Marine - Glass only. So it seems lame for me to post my lowest frog breeds because there is a greater then 50% chance you all will be wasting your stamp. But, when my frogs were lower, I posted what I needed and I got a lot of frogs from people.

Thanks Mirtech, SnappyMcFrog, javaRich, Dom, Dean, Riverdance8, danjarus, Yasha65, kate, malbarns and everybody else :D (lots of new people too, cool :cool:

now I'm off to complete that DEX, good luck :) and happy frogging to you.

18. RicardoTheWhite

RicardoTheWhite New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    If you want ANY frog then visit my plus+ account: RicardoTheWhite
    And if you want any of the frogs I have then send a message to:
    Email-#[email protected]
    Text message- 1-207-256-8666
    Twitter- @RicardoTheWhite

Thank you. To receive you must trade with me. Cause I'll get you ANY frog. Even if I have to spend forever in the pond for it.

19. RicardoTheWhite

RicardoTheWhite New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    #23859 RicardoTheWhite, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    If you want ANY frog then visit my plus+ account: RicardoTheWhite
    And if you want any of the frogs I have then send a message to:
    Email-#[email protected]
    Text message- 1-207-256-8666
    Twitter- @RicardoTheWhite

Thank you. To receive you must trade with me. Cause I'll get you ANY frog. Even if I have to spend forever in the pond for it.

20. penemuel

penemuel Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Government schlub
    Hey, guys. I haven't been around for a while, but the current set made me poke my head in and I saw the new thread.

What do you guys think of a 10-frog set?

On the one hand, this one makes sense with the theme, but on the other hand, I take screencaps of all of my finished sets in a habitat that suits the theme, and now I can't get the full set because it's only 8 frogs to a habitat...

I dunno - it struck me as a bit odd.