Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. JoEllynO

JoEllynO Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wisconsin, USA
    I have fall sweaters and leaf peeping along with this week's set available.
    I know most of the more established players here don't need the older sets but I thought I saw some other returnee that might be interested.
    Let me know if I can send some to you.
    JoEllynO

2. Spearcom

Spearcom Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2011
    I sent you a glass croma i had lying around. Its kinda dusty,just shake it off. Nofir(no frogs in return)

3. Spearcom

Apr 21, 2011
    #25023 Spearcom, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Ill take that fall sweaters if you dont mind. One of each is sufice. Thanks in advance.

Ps i have veterans day up for grabs too

4. JoEllynO

JoEllynO Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wisconsin, USA
    Will do.

5. Spearcom

Apr 21, 2011
    #25025 Spearcom, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Thank you very much. Take what ever frogs you want from my habs. Even for cash

6. Spearcom

Apr 21, 2011
    Everyone take a look in my top habs for any frogs they want cuz tomorrow i will sell them all and work on tribal council and i need room. Night and thanks to eveyone for lil froggers.

7. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada

I'll take the leaf peeping set please. I still also have the fall sweaters set if anyone else is interested.

8. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    You have been more than generous to me already and I thank you for that. If nobody else wants them, I would love any of those 3:
    Vicis, nodare, coclearis

Thanks in advance!

Quick question to all. Since often higher lvl peoples send me frogs, I want to reciprocate but often you already have at least one of each. Do you prefer not receiving frogs or receiving them still as you sell them for cash? I dn't want to send unwanted frogs but I would prefer to reciprocate.

9. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    Love it. Your sets are better than NimbleBit's. :)

I used to have a Plus+ friend who made his/her own sets every week, and sometimes if you collected all of the frogs in the set in your habitats, they would send you a cool frog prize. Sometimes I hate to think I lost 150+ active neighbors in the switchover. Now with Game Center making it harder to get mutual friends, my perfect neighborhood will probably never be rebuilt.:( oh well.

10. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    Yes, it is new. Sorry, I didn't see your post before now.

If you're a new player (which I presume you are), you picked a good time to start playing as far as pond hopping goes.:)

Question: if you're only level 9, how do you find level 20+ frogs in the pond?

11. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Jerutix is talking about friend gifts, not pond presents.

12. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    @ Nirtew I have cancelled my "no gifts wanted" policy, It feels strange to be dexing again, I am trying to get back in the swing of it. I do miss not being able to fill all the request for everyone though but it is great to see everyone on the thread helping out.

Thank you croquete, ogerkrap, Laura, Shortbus, dlstar, domenic, madmaze, Andi, JoEllyn, jklau, Darthbobo, Bezoar, awboj, lisianne and JavaRich for the gifts.

13. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Hey meplie I'm only lvl 30 but I love your frogs. One in my MB is one less to dex.

14. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Dragonvale - Please excuse me for crossing over threads but so many of my DV friends are also PF friends and I don't know if they read the DV thread.:eek:

I got the dreaded "and others" message this morning on gifts :( I know that Darthbobo, Jerutix, JoEllyn, danjarus and others sent gifts. If you sent me a gift in the last 10 hours and are not listed above PLEASE pm me so that I can return your gift.

I now return you back to PF business. :)

15. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, like dlstar guessed, I was talking about gifts from higher level players.

Since I'm still pretty low in levels, I don't like having my mailbox clogged for too long because I still need decorations and such for habitats. So, if someone sends me a frog I've never seen, I usually accept it, but if it is a variation on a frog I have seen in higher levels, I will usually sell it.

And, by the way, I do appreciate everything that is sent. Having the extra bump in cash every now and then has been super helpful to boosting my level (money for breeding and new habitats).

16. Spearcom

Apr 21, 2011
    I have to tame them first and im just about to leave the city for a bit so they will be a little late so i hope you dont mind.

I am greatful for any frogs even if its an anura. But you or anyone doesnt have to waste any stamps on me. Im here for fun and i like doing the weekly sets. Ive been playing for 1 year and a half and ive only dexed 2 frogs. 98 to go. But thanks for all the frogs to you and everyone else. Really.

17. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada

Thanks! Already received them. I am never in the rush for frogs :) Glad to know I can send you frogs. Hopefully it will be new ones for your dex.

18. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Great idea! Thanks.

Wow, this message sounds so much like my criticisms of GC when I first updated.

My biggest, only problem with P+ was losing friends. I solved it by never exiting PF. It's so hard to break that habit!

Glad to hear I was right about something. ;) Guess the fact you didn't know the fine points of the suffrage shows that you always vote. Good for you!

And you're right --frogs & politics don't mix. Kind of like FBing & politics. And lots of stuff & politics. But I only said I didn't vote in "your" election. That just shows I'm not a dishonest world traveler.

Gotta love puns. May I add that there are 288367 reasons why dean deserves that title.

Good question & one I can't answer. BUT it does bring to mind a trading self-rule I can no longer follow because I simply can't recall the levels of all the frogs. For the first 16 levels, it was easy before the update because there were only a couple to learn at a time. With this update, there are simply too many. I always reciprocate but it may be with any level new frog. Either way, given the newness of the update, it'll probably be new to the giftee.

In my experience, Blue, you're right in that most of the frogs I find as "presents" in the pond are of the new breed. It's wonderful but frustrating if one's MB is packed. In fact, I can clear out a MB space, & get a new frog while taming a newer breed. It takes sooooo many flies.

I'd assume that if one is at a level too low to buy a frog with potions, one couldn't find them in the pond as well. After all, max potion & stamp finds in the pond are based on every two levels.

:::phew!::: At least this week's set, Veteran's Day, is inexpensive & easy to breed. Many will have the wherewithal in their 'dex to purchase or breed them. The problem is twofold, however: 1) finding an uninhabited hab; 2) getting past MB jams.

p.s.: Thanks to the many people who have gifted me lovely new frogs. Super thanks to short for the Janus, Laura for the Shelbus, dean for the Pyramis, JoEllyn for the Janus, Nirtew for the Fortuno, danj for the Signum, Cygnet for the Cornus, & dlstar for the Lunaris. MB full to overflowing.

p.p.s.: Like some have mentioned here, I'm willing to spend a stamp or two to hurry a frog along but not six. How are the rest of you dealing with the outpouring of generosity from others?

19. JoEllynO

JoEllynO Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wisconsin, USA
    On the way.

20. JoEllynO

JoEllynO Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wisconsin, USA