Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    What is the "and others" message?:confused:

2. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    IIRC, in pre-update PF you didn't find level X frogs until you reached that level. Don't know if it's changed.

3. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    In Dragonvale you only gift gems and the notification only goes to 4 names (gifters). So if more than 4 people send you a gift since you have been in the game you get the dreaded "and others" message. It can be 1 person or more that sent a gem and you have no way of knowing who did it.

4. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    It hasn't. I should have said Mailbox Gifts and not presents to avoid confusion. You can sell either for money, but I have only ever gotten frogs past my level through Mailbox Gifts from
    other players.

5. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    thanks for the frogs
    pink emblema - maritinz
    maroon emblem & yellow mustacium - java
    aqua nimbilis - flip
    white lunaris - dlstar
    lime mazeus, purple pyramis, golden tabula & tangelo spira - yasha
    golden flecto - nirtew

p.s Snappy where r u??

6. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Last I heard (11/02) Snappy was still on Pre-update clearing out his Plus + cloud. Haven't heard since.

7. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada

Thanks!

8. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    No, getting money from declined gifts isn't new.

9. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    I typically only get to play once a day, usually at the same time of the evening. So, whatever ends up in the mailbox the day before is ready to come out the next day. I usually take one out, then tame (usually a frog comes to me while I'm hopping), take another out, and tame, etc. until the mailbox is full again. Then I reciprocate as many gifts as I have tamed frogs.

I have a bit of a...thing...for not hopping in the pond unless I have a free MB space--lost too many "NEW" Verus! So, if I'm taming and I've taken everything out, then I'll blow stamps so that I always have a spot while hopping.

Other than that, I am very stamp-stingy and usually just wait it out, though I've got a sufficient stockpile now that I'll pull frogs out if I really want to.

If I end up with MB space, I race! But that hasn't been too common lately. :D My Purple Picea Fortuna is still at an amazing 100% wins; she's joining my stable once I finish dexing Fortuna!

Thanks to my trading buddies! I'm still getting new frogs now and then. I have 35 of the new breeds--so fun when yet another new one appears!

--Q

10. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    I despise this message. Even though I have a tiny DV neighborhood, it makes it even harder to gift gems back in the organized way I like to: 1st gift gems to people who gifted me, 2nd give gems to people who've played recently, 3rd give gems to less active players.

But I though they removed the "and others" message in version 9 or 10. I never get it at all anymore.:confused:

11. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

One of them may have been me but I honestly can't remember, and I've been getting the same message :(

12. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I'm cranky at PF this morning. I saw two frogs I don't have yet in the pond, one disappeared on me halfway through a jump whilst I was chasing it to breed, and the other one bred to my original frog. Must. Be. Patient. lol.

13. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    Lol. I've had all sorts of bad luck with this game too, but no person and no game is perfect. (even though, I have to say, if there was a Closest-Game-to-Perfect award, PF would get it. :))

14. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Does anyone need a Candy Corn set (or parts from it)? I'll be selling at 10pm CST.

15. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Yeah those new breeds can be hard to catch but I haven't had one disappear. Sometimes it can be hard to reach the lily pad they have jumped on. Times like that I wish you could zoom out a bit.

16. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I know it is not the most difficult set to breed, but I still have whole or starter sets available for the asking.

On another note, it is game time. I recently received my 47th new breed. A complete glass set (16) to the person who can guess what was my last new frog. It is still in one of my Habs. One guess per person per day until the winner is announced.

17. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    My guess is your Blue Callaina Planeta, just because I haven't seen any Planetas.

18. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    One probably was you, the timing is right :)

The new frogs seem to be a little more sneaky. I had a couple jump off the side of the screen and never could find them.

19. Maholah

Maholah Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Wow! I haven't been able to be here much, and this thread has truly exploded! Great to see so much activity!

I've now got almost all the new breeds; if anyone has a spare Botulus, I'll send back something nice in exchange.

My new breeds are in the top several habs; when I get time, I'll be cataloging them and clearing some space. In getting to 100% in the old game, I dexed by color; that doesn't look as practical this time around, as there aren't lower lever frogs to keep busy with while the upper levels are maturing. So I'm sort of putting off dexing for now in favor of trading. I'm also revisiting the way I got almost all of my Magus & Ver frogs: racing. So I'm trying to check stats on new frogs and keep those with higher stats. When I clear some space, I'll choose a level and try to find the best racers for those breeds. Not the most efficient method, so I'll probably breed as well ... just perhaps not right away. Two-day waits for everything is a long time for this impatient frogerista. (Yes, I made that up; it's all right, I'm an editor.) ;)

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but I do think it's great that these much higher-value frogs don't take even more potions and stamps.

Finally, I've been busy, so it's taken awhile, but I'm almost caught up with my trades. Thanks to the following generous trading partners: Dean with numbers, DeanKeith, Laura, JoEllynO, Andi, Dlstar, MartinZ, Nirtew, Andi, Croqueta, Java, Shortbus and Danjarus. It's great to get so many friends back! :-D

20. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Symphonia? Can't see your habs so 1/47 probability.