Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Karen4015

Karen4015 New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Manager @ Lowe's
    Kentucky
    Need friends

Hello all,
    New to board but have been playing PF for awhile lvl 28. Looking for friends to trade with. Need Black Picea Gemma if anyone wants to send me a welcome present. ;)

2. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    thanks for the frogs
    black lunaris - java
    purple hennae & aqua hennae - emperor
    glass papilio & violet tessera - jake
    golden spira - martinz
    violet cesti - heeranc
    red amfractus - vivisoto
    cocos cornus - grace

3. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Please send a friend request. I have the black Picea Gemma waiting for you.

4. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Dean, I declined two requests (one new and one not) for potions/coins and received one for a pingo which I am working on now for stamps. (Since I already had a pingo with correct secondary color, it made this one easy). :)

I am slowing collecting the new breeds, but am not in a particular rush as I am still working on Magus frogs. Bred a frog after taming it in the pond with a Lunaris today, a nice Maroon one was the result!

Thanks to Gracesqx, Lauafitz, Miamare, JavaRich, JoEllynO,
    and anyone else who sent frogs recently. :)

A nice evening to all.

5. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    LOL. My poor iPod probably wouldn't survive a night with me:)

Great, thanks! Let me know if you want anything in return. I used some of the money to buy my 9th floor, a residential I really needed, so I have more employees and I'm making more money. Tiny Tower is a great game, it's user friendly and so far it's flawless compared to PF.

I'm still going strong on templums, largely thanks to the many gifts I've recieved. I'm almost to level 20 already, can't believe it!:D

6. heeranc

heeranc Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    just wanted to send out thanks:

shortbus123 x25 !!!
    dean288367 x12
    haf8275 x5
    danjarus x2
    AndiNZ x4
    awboj x4
    javar1ch x2
    GiantRoboCat x3
    dlstar71 x3
    JoEllynO x2
    Madmaze x7
    Frogparent0 x4
    domenic15 - snow starter set, thanks!
    dariaclone

everyone here is very generous, and each frog is always very appreciated as a lot of the newer frogs are still above my current level

7. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I don't need anything - over 100,000,000 coins and still more than 600 bucks even after an upgrading spree so that most of my floors have a minimum restock time of one and a half hours. I'm quite happy to just give a boost if needed.

8. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    It has been sent. Enjoy and welcome!

9. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Now if NB would only remember to post missions. OTOH, it allows me to stop restocking floors & put game away for weeks. Anyway, I'd miss it more if they forgot to post Weekly Sets in PF!

p.s.: Many thanks to java for the Emblema, DeanK for the Arcus, Dom for the Fortuno, & XXX (time for a less formal name, no?) for the Favus.

10. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Yes lisianne it's time .... and I have been trying out new names . ... ... So far none that haven't been already 'taken' by someone inGC ... <_<

Thanks to spearcom and madmaze for arcus and mustacium ( hope I got that right ) and anyone else who sent me gifts .... X

11. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Formal (polite) vs. Informal (friendly)

Au contraire, mon ami. I like your name! A lot! It's quirky in a delightfully wacky way. I was merely saying that when I feel comfortable with new people in this forum I tend to shorten their names as a sign of friendship, rather than treating them as mere acquaintances.

Guess it's likely that some people get ticked off if I shorten Domenic15, to Dom or danjaurus to danj or SnappyMcFrog to Snappy (if so, let me know via PM & I'll respect your wishes). Some names cannot be shortened because they are already short like meplie, Mahola, sc1968 & especially Nirtew. Again, if you prefer full name, I will comply.

In French there is a formal pronoun ([& plural] verb conjugation) & an informal pronoun (& informal verb conjugation). I'm merely trying to respect the French in me.

If, OTOH, you truly dislike your name & want something, I dunno, "snazzier," XXXBR, by all means go for it!

As for me, I'm lisianne, lisi, or whatever or even what?!.

p.s.: Thanks to Nirtew for the Gemma which I just received!

12. BTakeshi

BTakeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Hawaii... Oahu.
    nicknames are COOL !!!

just sayin' ..... I'm with Lisi.... call me what you like..

ADD ME IF YOU LIKE TOO !!
    my buddy list is up to 3 ... yup ... 3 peeps !!

13. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Not sure which of the old frogs to keep around as I need to make room for the new breeds. :) I know I can catalog them, but I don't like the idea of waiting 1d 21h for some of them to arrive when reordered. Perhaps one or two at a time?

Thanks to Andi, Aniarab97, Bailey6577, Gracesqx, JavaRich, Laurafitz, StephenP, and anyone else who sent something recently.

Good evening to all. :)

14. Maholah

Maholah Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Hello, all!

It's been quite awhile since I posted. Life got busy, and it's taken me a few days of sporadic reading to catch up. Such prolific posters!

I wanted to say thank you to my trading friends: Spesh16, Croqueta, Nirtew, Dom, Andi, Java, Danjarous, Laura, Staghead, JoellynO, MartinZ, Dean with numbers, Shortbus, Dlstar, Seedy, Stephen67, Lisi and Snappy. Some old friends and some new--and many thanks to you all!

Not being in the mood to dex via breeding, I've been back to my Veru/Magus method: racing. I've been focusing on the top two levels and am at 77.45% for Emblema and 86.68% Fortuno. I'll probably start breeding some of the Fortunos tomorrow, as fewer and fewer new ones are available in the races.

My top 7 habs currently hold one of each of the new breeds (the highest racing levels I've gotten so far for each), with hab. 7 being level 32 racers. (If anyone wants to check out my habs, the level 32 racers in habs. 1 & 7 very rarely lose.) I'm hoping Thonky's racing site is updated soon so I can get some better racing frogs for the mid-levels. If there's an alternative place to find that info, please post it. Thanks! :)

P.S. I know I missed a couple of frog gift notifications; if I did not reciprocate, or didn't list you, please let me know -- and thank you for the frogs! :)

15. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26015 XXXBR, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    Ok lisi, I completely misunderstood your hint. Just shows you how quickly communication and assumptions made as a result can go wrong between people without clarification ... So.. For the purposes of froggy forum friends ... I am very happy with a nickname ...all three X's or any number of X's even just one is going to give me away .... XXX

PS: thanks folks for the beautiful frog gifts! I made a resolve to start writing them down so I know who sent which frog!!

16. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    thank you all for the frogs!
    2 glass lotus - awboj
    yellow flecto - dlstar
    red templum, glass templum, azure americano & violet favus - andi
    glass templum & tangelo papilio - heeranc
    2 maroon lotus - java
    beige shelbus - emperor
    golden mazeus - vivisoto
    pink papilio - matinz
    tangelo arcus & white axis - dean
    beige fortuno - dom

17. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    I didn't intend to single anyone out with my post last week about
    multiple gifts. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Had thought I could get back to the level of trading I had done before,
    but realized it was more than I could keep up with. :eek:
    So, my goal is not to send multiple gifts to any one person per day. I will still
    reciprocate, though not with multiple frogs per day as in the past. A small caveat, I am still doing sets and will share multiple frogs for those. :)

Thank you for your continued friendship and
    Kind regards,

Snappy.

18. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else

Have the impression that people don't get offended here so not to worry, Snappy.

You are currently at the place I was at before the release of the new frogs. I went from reciprocating frog for frog (even within sets!), to frog for frog, to even if you send me a gazillion frogs, I'll only send one back.

Then came the new frogs & they take sooooo long to tame & ALL take the max time to arrive that I don't reciprocate, per se, I randomly send out two frogs/day (unless it's a set or starter set) rain or shine, typhoon or volcano erruption. No more MB clogging frustration & lovely "friend" gift(s) now & again. Plus+ I'm regaining my PF zen with the joy of finding/keeping frogs from the pond (tho' there seem to be fewer of them lately).

p.s.: Thanks to Andi for the Hennae.

p.p.s.: Thanks as well to XXX for, well, simply being XXX & understanding why. :)

19. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    #26019 BlueWater27, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    I agree; I've been called Blue, BW, Bluewater, BW27, and everything in between. I personally don't care, even though BW27 is my favorite; it has a nice ring to it! :)

P.s. Thanks to lisi, I've learned more French in a few months than I ever could taking a course:D

P.p.s. Thanks for the gifts!

20. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    Take it from status "Quo": the nicknames are a good thing! ;)

I hope no one is too annoyed with me: I'm dexing Signums and I know most of my trading buddies were 100% at the "old" breeds. I'm still trying to re-gift my gifts to get new breeds to my buddies, but sometimes...it might be a Signum. Still good for a few coins. :)

Happy hopping, everyone!

--Q