Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    You may be right, that may never happen again with the new frogs. I try to tame 3 habitats a day but with doing level 26 right now even that is hard to do. :(

I like the sorting by activity, the longer the update is out the more people get bored and stop playing.

2. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    #26042 BlueWater27, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    That's really interesting. I had the game in July but I only got a few floors, and I deleted it because I was confused on how to play. I didn't even know what a dream jobber really WAS until I redownloaded a couple of weeks ago and started posting on the TT thread. I guess I should count myself lucky that I got a DJ on my tenth floor with no evictions.

Also, I won my first-ever puzzle game today, with my Shelbus. Don't ask why it took eleven months. :eek: I'm just not a puzzle "person" lol.

3. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Yeah, second that. Why don't you send them a suggestion email?

I sent one asking about more habs and got the standard reply about data issues if there are more habs, and I said what about more frogs per hab then and changing to landscape? The reply was the habs are limited to 8 but they did say they were not the dev. Don't know if that means they passed the idea on to devs (not debs) or not.

4. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    Yeesh, not that "data issues" excuse again. They should have thought about that before they dumped fifty breeds on us all at the same time. I could well afford and use a few more habitats just now.

5. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    :D You young whipper snappers are so spoiled. I remember when we had only 8 habitats and no nursery proofing. Would have to wait for your eggs to hatch before you could move them out of the nursery. :D

6. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    For real? That must have sucked. I guess I picked a good time to download the game lol.

7. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Potions were very important to have back then. If you didn't use potions you would breed 8 frogs and then wait. Of course, must of us were doing low level frogs so it was not to bad and it was just the way it was.

Lucky for me and alot of people, by the time we started dexing the 1 day frogs and up nursery proofing was available. We thought nursery proofing and express mailbox was the "cat's meow".

8. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Ahahaha, I remember those days. Good times - not! :D

9. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    Oh, I remember those days! Alerts set up so that I could pop in and sweep tiny, newly hatched frogs from the nursery and start a new batch... Baby proofing was such an awesome addition!

--Q

10. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Finally found a Levar in the pond today when my mailbox had one opening! :cool:
    OTOH, I haven't found any Fractus frogs in pond presents when my mailbox could accept. It is my current request frog breed. If someone has a spare, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks to Andi, Gracesqx, Dlstar71, StephenP, and anyone else who sent gists recently.

Good evening to all :)

11. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    YOU haven't been here long enough to know Dean & her history. She was a MEGA-GIVER!

12. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I was here the day the thread started ... please use the words "you weren't around when ... " lol. I was off in a splinter group for a few thousand pages ... but I have certainly been here long enough, technically speaking :).

As for reminiscing, I only bought baby-proofing about 6 months ago, pretty hard to even remember the times before it now. For the first few months back in '10 I also thought you had to leave frogs in the nursery until they were FULLY GROWN! Back when we were still working on achievements (oh so long ago) and speed-levelling Cygnetseven so he could ship us the legendary achievement frogs, I was spending a long time in the pond trying to grow frogs to full .. it was a great day when I realised my mistake lol.

I'm really hoping that Dean's mega-gifting was most mega after she finished the dex ... at least the first time before we got the extra level 9-16 frogs. That would have made sense, while still maintaining a certain amazingness.

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You beat me by five hours! :p

14. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    @lisianne, my icon is a maroon albeo Luneris/white tingo Luneris in one of my habitats.

@MartiNZ, you are correct that most of my mass gifting was done after I finished the dex the first and second time. Of course, Domenic and Andi are still a "few" ahead of me. :)

Tomorrow is the big day, I have my ipod back and will try and transfer my game over to it. I really don't like playing on my iphone, if you think the pop-ups for gifts is annoying, try playing while getting phone calls.

GN/SD

15. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    @ Dean: Wait... What? This thing does PHONE CALLS??? :D :D :D :D

16. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Yeah I was about to say. This is a phone we're talking about, right? ;)

17. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Darn, Darn, Darn... sad morning. Went to do Pocket Frogs and no go. :mad:

My ipod is to old ?? Requires version 4.3 and mine is 4.2. Even Dragonvale will work on it. I guess it is truly just a MP3 player now :(

Can anyone say iPad Mini ??

18. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    That stinks :( What gen is it?

I only even got the game in January, so I'm kind of spoiled lol.

19. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    It's a 3rd gen, got it 4/10. What really gets me is that I can load DV and Tribez on it but not PF. I would never play DV/Tribez on it because it is way to slow but PF??? I am still confused why PF would require 4.3

Finished Botulus this morning and now on to spoon head aka Coclearis.

20. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    #26060 lisianne, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    Just finished wiping the egg off my face.

OK. OK. I get it, MartiNZ & Cygnet. I'm the junior member here. ;)

Just realized that I could have figured that out myself by visiting the GC where the icons are much larger! You must have waited a long time for that particular screenshot - it's quite artistic.

Not sure, but I think the determining factor is whether it had GC, an integral part of PF now that Plus+ has been downgraded to Minus-.

p.s.: Many, many thanks to the old-timer MartiNZ for the Frondis & Andi for the Janus.