Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Just curious, what are the best racing level 17 breeds? (Templum, Papilio, and Pluma?)
    Also, I know I'm not the first to notice this. But isn't it strange that after pressing the sleep/wake button on iDevice, while taming (an Anura i.e,) and returning later to PF, the frog seems to grow instantly after you jump?

Thanks to Dlstar, Maholah, Miamare23,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

A good night to all. :)

2. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Never raced any of these but I do have them done so I took a look at the froggydex and here is a list of the best Speed/Stamina combos and any should make good racers:

Templum
    Maroon Callaina 114/115
    Emerald Floris 113/115
    Royal Viola 113/116
    Pink Ceres 114/114

Papilio
    Orange Tingo 113/113
    White Violia 114/114
    Cocos Ceres 116/117

Pluma
    Maroon Aurum 114/114
    Red Folium 114/115
    Lime Cafea 115/116
    Lime Picea 114/116
    Purple Carota 115/114

3. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Just a reminder, I still have several starter sets available.

4. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    Thanks for all of the Emblemas and Passion Flowers on RedSky. It seems like I've been getting a lot of Emblemas and Passion Flowers lately, but that doesn't mean I'm not thankful!:D and I am low on scenery right now on that account.:)

5. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Great list. Thanks, dean. Does your list include frogs for other levels? If so, would you be so kind as to share?

---FIREWALL---​

Brace yourselves, PFers, for a major vent: Why the heck doesn't a site as vast as TouchArcade *not* have a "search" feature for words in their forum? :mad::mad::mad:

Phew! Felt good to get that off my chest. It's been bugging me for longer than I can remember.

--FIREWALL---​

No takers yet on 2 Starter Sets which will be ready for shipment early this evening when I next check forum. If you're shy, use PM, but speak up! If no one replies, I'll randomly send them to the next 2 people on my gifting list: green & spear.

p.s.: Frogloads of thanks to Snappy for the Shelbus, dlstar for the Gemma, & madmaze for the Spira.

6. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Thanks dean and bluewater for your insights. Taming is a lot of tedious work but it's worth it for the stamps and potions. The coins for unwanted stuff is a pleasant bonus.

7. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    A BIG Thank You for wonderful gifts to:

Domenic, Maholah, Quossum, Madmaze, awboj, Cygnet, Spearcom, Meplie, Javar1, BW27, MsRaeJ, Lisianne , Shortbus,

XXX

8. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thank you. Maholah gave us the frogs for Levels 30, 31 and 32 plus I think they gave the website they use, if not here it is

http://www.thonky.com/pocket-frogs/best-racing-frogs/

Not all the levels are done yet which is why I did level 17 when Snappy asked. The only other level I have done is 26 and I will try and get a list together soon for it.

9. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Stayed up until an unseemly hour last night/this morning, but the triple is done.

Moving on to Papillio and Emblema. BW27, I still have a bunch of Templums to send over. You could be seeing them appear for days yet. :D

10. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    If only there was more hours in the day :) Congrats on finishing the triple.

I am about half way done with Volta and today will be my first day to be taming them. Should be a breeze after doing level 32.

Got my GC friends list under control day. Went from 112 down to 84 and I don't think I accidently unfriended any of you guys.

11. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    #26251 BlueWater27, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    I think you deleted RedSky, but it doesn't really matter, I guess. I'm not as high level on there so I can't send much back.

Edit: never mind, my GC was glitching on both accounts and you disappeared for a while. You're back now:D

I've still been getting tons of Emblemas and scenery from neighbor gifts :eeek:. If I wasn't only on level 14 I would start dexing those:D. Anyway, thanks to dlstar for the persona (I'm noticing that you gift pretty regularly:)) and Andi and XX for the Templums on my iPod.

12. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Finally found a Pistrix in the pond today. I don't see any particular reason for two frog breeds with mustaches! Or does it have teeth like a shark? Hmmm, kind of depends on how you look at it. Probably my least favorite of the new breeds, though. Tessera would be one of my favorites.

Dean, are you finished with the Fortuno and Emblema breeds?

As a side note, I'm almost finished with the Magus breed with five frogs left!

Thanks to Dom, Dlstar, Maholah,
    and anyone else who sent gifts recently. :)

A nice evening to everyone.

13. Mattmanera

Mattmanera Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Hope you all had a great holiday, and big thanks to Dominic and Meplie for the bubbly set.

Have a request: still haven't found an Orbis. Does anyone have one for me? Thanks in advance!

14. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Yes, I finished Fortuno/Emblema.:) Was very similar to Magus/Veru, between pond gifts, racing, friend gifts and selective breeding they were done without really "dexing" them. Froggydex at 70%, 25,7XX frogs.:D

Early Congrats on the Magus.

15. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Thanks for the link, dean! Since my MB is finally empty at times given my new mode of play, racing has suddenly become an option for me. :)

No one asked for Starter Sets so I'll send them to green & spear. Looked & they haven't finished or haven't begun so I think/hope the gift will be welcome.

p.s.: Thanks to XXX for the Volta which is trying to get into my MB. It's currently clogged with gifts but once I send the sets, it'll be snug & happy inside with some buddies.

16. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Level 26

As promised, possible Level 26 racers.
    Please remember that I have NOT raced any of these frogs. I am only giving you a list of the ones that have the highest speed/stamia and should make good racers. Gamble at your own risk :D

Arcus
    Yellow Carota 175/176
    Aqua Floris 177/177

Botulus
    Golden Bruna 175/175
    Emeral Picea 175/176
    Blue Carota 177/173

Americano
    Maroon Bruna 177/172
    Red Pruni 176/173
    Lime Albeo 176/174
    Pink Ceres 174/174

17. disposable heroine

Dec 31, 2012
    Emergency Room Tech, EMT
    Norfolk
    Hello

Hi there--- I've been lurking. I stumbled on this site during the Great Signum Hunt of 2012. (Finally got one by time traveling back to the date of their release--- very heroic). Here's the thing. I'm looking for friends who have taken a lot of time with their environments--- carefully tailoring backgrounds, decorations, and frogs. I want to admire these gorgeous little sprites in their gorgeous little tanks. I randomly spew out frog gifts, and randomly accept frog gifts, but really, I just want to marvel. Due warning: I'm a time-travelling cheater-cheater pumpkin-eater. I know y'all put in grinding amounts of time dexing and would probably, quite rightly, resent me. Just throwing it out there. You got pretty frogs in pretty habitats? Please be my friend on GC, disposable heroine!

18. disposable heroine

Dec 31, 2012
    Emergency Room Tech, EMT
    Norfolk
    Oh, and if I offended anyone or broke any rules with the above post, please forgive.

19. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Good morning,

If you receive a "Can Knockdown challenge" from me, please feel free to delete it. By mistake I sent a challenge to all instead of one as I intended.:eek: My apologies for any inconvenience! :eek:

Thank you, :)

20. BlueWater27

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    Actually, it's a welcome change from all of the Happy Street challenges I've been getting. I finally put my foot down last night in my status, and I haven't received any since:rolleyes: