Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    happy new year, everyone.
    For 2013 may the frogs be with you.

2. summerseachild

Nov 17, 2012
    :eek: You've got to be kidding me. I mean... I believe you, but I feel like an idiot that I've sold so many REALLY AWESOME frogs people have sent me because I wanted to at least get something out of them and not lose them like you do gifts in the pond... I could have just been pressing "accept" the whole time? ARGH.

Many thanks for telling me this, though.

3. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Lots & lots of thanks today to so many of you! danj for the Pictoris, Martin for the Pluma, green for the Pluma, Maholah for the Fortuna, Snappy for the Magus, & meplie for the intriguing Black Albeo Lotus.

Playing NB on a teeny-tiny scale, after I sent out gifts to the next two people on my list, I then sent a Fortuna totally at random to someone. Not sure who, wasn't looking. That was fun. Yesterday, I also paid for the coffee orders in Starbucks for the two policemen behind me (after all, they DO protect us!). Made all of us happy :)

p.s.: Extra special thanks to NimbleBit for regaling us this season with surprise gifts in their games. No matter what you received it was more than you would have had & it was sent in the true spirit of giving. Hope they have a happy, healthy, productive year ahead.

4. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks to Quossum for the Roboris,
    Maholah for Mustachium,
    Dean for the Cochlearis,
    Lisi for the random Fortuno (would you like any particular breed in return?),
    Frogparent0 for the Botulus,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently. :)

Good evening to everyone.

5. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    FYI The Coclearis was sent between Dec 18-22. Thought I would let you know so you can keep track of your MB :D

6. disposable heroine

Dec 31, 2012
    Emergency Room Tech, EMT
    Norfolk
    #26286 disposable heroine, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Does anyone happen to have a Glass Chroma Veru they'd be willing to give me? I know it's an odd request. I'd like to have a Veru in my habitat and that's the only one that looks kinda neat. Like a radioactive horseshoe or something. Anyway, if you have it and are willing to give it to me, thanks! I'll give a Black Chroma Signum in return! ... ETA: Hey, thanks! I don't think my gifter's on this board, but shouts and snugs to Webby!

7. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    I made a similar mistake in march when I first joined the Wikia site. Someone had sent me some award frogs and a set and I posted something stupid like "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, my mailbox was full and I couldn't accept it! Could you please send again?" and when they replied back that I could just keep pressing accept until I had free slots, I felt like such a noob (I was level 8 at the time:D).

8. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Anyone want some nasus??

9. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    #26289 mbarnes41, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    New

Hi,

I didn't know how important the little word NEW could be! When I first started playing PF everything was new and so I really wasn't paying close attention to the messages. I was accepting every present found in the pond and every gift received. My mailbox was always full and I was running thru stamps at an alarming rate. It was while reading an earlier post by lisianne that I realized I had been overlooking an important detail.

There is a wealth of info in the older posts in this thread. Finding it may not be easy but it is worth the effort. Like the breeding strategies of some of the 100%-ers. Or the best frogs to race - I bet (no pun) I filled fully one third of my Veru and Magus breeds via racing. Or the fact that hopping Anuras til maturity is often rewarded with great presents (10+ stamps and potions). Not only are there multitudes of frogs being exchanged but lots of useful information too. Thanks!

And for a NEW problem. I received a gift earlier today that was not listed as New, so I sold it. Since it was one of the V2 breeds, I had doubts and decided to check my froggydex. It was Not in the dex! Uh oh! Have I lost one of my trusted tools? Anyone else experienced anything similar? But then why would we be double-checking.

Thanks for listening. And thanks for the recent gifts:
    javaRich (LOTUS azure picea)
    meplie (LOTUS black bruna)
    dean288367 (VOLTA white tingo)
    SnappyMcfrog (MUSTACIUM blue caelus) [it was new!]

Take care.
    Mal

10. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I am pretty sure you need to place the frog in your habitats for it to register in the froggydex. So if you sell it as soon as you receive it, it will not count.

11. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Also I believe the 'new' notification is no more. Unless you are a spreadsheet person, the only way to tell if a gift you receive is already in your dex would be to exit PF, turn off wi-fi, open PF, check dex, turn on wi-fi, accept or sell frog.

12. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    You have NO idea how many even less important ideas I overlooked before coming to this forum! We all learned by sharing here, even if it was well after the fact.

This thread is a veritable goldmine of into about PF! There is a lot to be gained (by newbies & just-past-newbism) by reading earlier messages.

I'm pretty sure you're right. If you merely receive a frog but it never makes it out of your MB, it will never register. But, if you breed, the moment it is bred (whether you believe in discarding eggs or not), it counts as "bred."

I think the "New" still exists for the newest frogs (tho' not positive). Hope NB will fix this for all frogs. Oh, well, we can wish, can't we?

p.s.: Gifts & more gifts! Thanks to meplie for the Vicis, Nirtew for the Emblema, dlstar for the Foramen, green for the Volta, & Snappy for the Emblema. You are all super guys/gals & I treasure this forum/thread more & more with each passing day. If you think it's the gifts, you'd be waaay off the mark; it's the warm, welcoming, inclusive, cooperative spirit which is truly unique.

13. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    You are correct; NEW no longer appears for gifts from friends, though it does still show up on gifts or pond presents. This was a *huge* blow to me, as I relied on it for never accepting gifts of frogs already in my 'dex. (Except for weekly sets; always grateful for those!)

I was hoping this would be quickly corrected in an update, but alas, it seems not to be. I had to drastically change my ways, and actually have gone ahead and made my Excel charts for all the new breeds, and consult them before accepting gifts. A bit of a pain, but I don't have mailbox space to have a frog I've already 'dexed sitting there for a day.

And yes, the frog doesn't appear in your 'dex until you've retrieved it from the mailbox and put it in a hab.

Happy New Year hopping, everyone!

--Q

14. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks to Danjarus, Quossum, Nirtew, Kane toad, Andi, Vtbebop,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently. :)

A good night to everyone.

15. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I don't think that NB has any plans on fixing the "New" on friends gifts. The last time I checked their support site the only problems they mentioned were:
    a) some button on the iphone 5
    b) 3 or 4 achievements that don't work
    c) 99 friends on neighbor list

I think A has been fixed but nothing on B or C yet.

Excel spreadsheet on all needed breeds AKA the PFN (Pocket Frog Notebook) or as my friends call it "that #@% notebook again". Don't leave home without it :D

16. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Has anyone noticed that the Janus frog is two faces looking at each other or am I the only one that just noticed it :eek: I always thought that it looked like a frog with a vest on it but I just got an Aqua Viola in the pond and for some reason it just clicked what it was.

Janus is the god with two faces, one looking each direction (past and future) but the Janus frog's two faces are facing each other. Maybe I just noticed it because it is January. :rolleyes:

17. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    :eek: didnt even notice 2 faces till now. :D

18. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26298 XXXBR, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    Hi to all....

My son's name is Janus and I spotted the two faces straight away.... I can also see the other perspective of the pattern and appreciate why people didn't see it until pointed out.

Have a set of "Happy 2013" to give away!

Also ..... Thanks to:

awboj- levar x 2
    Ella- bulbus
    Quossum - templum
    Java - arbor

Meplie, Maholah, Dom, madmaze and others who sent gifts recently .... Sorry I haven't kept track of every present received .... I appreciate everyone's generosity ....

XXX

PS: have TT players cottoned onto the recent update with new floors?

19. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    You're funny, I would like to see a pic of this #@% notebook - I imagine some dog-eared little address book or something. BTW after all the discussion about spreadsheets and breeding tactics I gave up my spreadsheets and started the Royal Rumble c/- MartiNZ. Now I don't have to worry about sheets of paper falling out every time I open my iPad. However downside is not knowing whether gifts are 'new' :(

Another BTW, have never ever noticed any 'new' message on anything even pond presents (is it really tiny or something?) am still waiting to see the 'Tame' button shrink in size according to PF update info, but did notice the Janus.

20. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    The visual button didn't shrink .... However the area of "sensitivity" reduced considerably ... If that makes sense.......

XXX