Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Green Tingo Emblema is 26,991 like the White Folium. I think there are higher ones out there.

2. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    #26422 sneeb, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Status update & thanks

Status update :D

Just got Dex to 52% or 18,800 frogs, :D yeah!

Still have a few old frogs at around 80% purple to glass, as I was Dexting by color before the update.

P.s thanks for gifts :)
    Dean288367, Yasha65, AmyLee76 & Andinz1970 and everybody .

3. nattyblonde

nattyblonde New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Templum, Pyramis and Volta frogs please

Hello,
    I just updated to the purple PF's and can trade again (my old iPod OS couldn't update). I don't have any of the new frogs and am still missing Gyrus from the "original" set. I'm currently looking for any Templum, Pyramis and Volta to complete weekly set and request.

Do frogs above level 16 not show up in the pond as gifts? Do players need to get all frogs above level 16 via the market or trading? Seemed like up to level 16 you'd get new level frogs (except the "special" ones) in the pond?

I'm level 19; can trade anything I have although I probably don't have anything that you long-time players don't have; I'm trying to find folks on trading forums who need what I do have so I can "pay-it-forward" with gifts.

Thanks!

nattyblonde GC

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Everything over 16 is in the pond. I'll send you some.

5. nattyblonde

nattyblonde New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    #26425 nattyblonde, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    Thank you Cygnet Seven for the Emblemis and Fortuna and Pyramis!

I asked because I've been playing the updated version for about a week and haven't run into any new frogs like I used to. Maybe I need to give it more time.
    Nattyblonde

6. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    I realize this is more of a correlation, but I seem to get more of the newer breeds in the pond when taming a higher level frog. They will appear in pond gifts when taming the lower-level frogs too; though it seems they are more sparsely available.

7. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Nirtew, based on how Signum values were apportioned, I agree that there could be an Emblema with a higher value as you suggested. I have only 8.4% of Emblema and 14% of the Fortunos done, which is why I consulted the Thonky site. The listing there is labeled as being a work in progress, though. :)

Thanks to Gracesqx for the Papilio,
    JavaRich for the Axis and Signum,
    Maholah for the Volta,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

Good evening to everyone.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    So true that truer words have never been truthed! If you want a certain level 6 frog, bring another level 6 frog. What you have in your habs and what you bring to the pond plays into what you find. Also, if you use a potion before you go to the pond, you increase your chances of finding potions. Same with stamps.

9. nattyblonde

nattyblonde New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok, that makes sense. I've been filling in lower level frogs in my dex because I'm laid low by the flu and have tons-o-time for quick hatchings; I'm caught up on every New Yorker that has piled up on my shelf and then some!
    Thank you!
    nattyblonde

10. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Lately, out of impatience & just to change things up a bit, I haven't done much breeding, except for Sets. I'm just taking my highest value, best racing frogs to the pond once a day & collecting anywhere from 1 to 3 other high value frogs. Yes, they take up space in my MB, no question, but they arrive in a half the time it would take if I bred them. Further, I don't care if I already have the given frog(s) so that makes it easier for me.

In wistful/wishful moments, I wish PF had a "Stats" icon in the Menu (as in PP & TT) to check how far, in a legible manner & larger font, one was from the next level. The numbers on the top right of the screen are truncated & in, I'm guessing, 1 point font. After all, there is room in the Menu for another icon...

Apologize for my increasing dearth of posts but more time is being spent in other ways. Getting ready for trip to warmer climes (but no golf & spotty, expensive WiFi) come this weekend. Should be able to get a jump start on next Weekly Set before then, I think. One after that a bit more iffy. I'll just make it up when I can.

If don't thank you for something during the time I'm relaxing (maybe even prior to), don't take it personally.

p.s.: Thanks to Laura for the Calvaria, Snappy for the Shelbus, & Martin for the Infinitus.

11. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Strategy question and a frog that needs a home

I just made it to level 10 and am playing with Nimbilis, Amfractus and Sagitta. I've got more Nimbilis than anything else. The Nimbilis (so far) seem to breed nice colorful Amfractus from my original 2.

How many habitats are optimal?

I've gotta glass carota spinae that I'd like to pass on rather than sell.

If you want it post (or message me) your Game Center ID and I will send him on.

12. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    have a nice trip lisi :cool:

sorry if my gifting has been slow lately, but these new frogs take soooo long to tame. :mad:

but thanks for all the frogs u keep gifting me :D

maroon arcus & emerald levar - nirtew
    beige & black voltas - emperor
    frog deers set & white frondis - mirx
    purple dimidius - squider
    marine mustacium - andi
    marine papilio - quo
    beige puncti & pink biplex - flip
    tangelo pictoris - meplie
    maroon botulus - dean
    tangelo pluma - heeranc
    purple fractus - stephen
    cocos nebula - java
    green spira - jake
    azure palma - vivi

13. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Interesting stuff. Good point on the race frogs coming quicker by mail! I haven't done any racing or puzzling since say the week after each feature came out ... the racing is so damn random in my experience.

Been very much neglecting my frogs the last month, but coming back with a bit of a mailout of infinitas; the taming time is such a pain though. Hit the real 60% on dex, and closing in on level 52. Re xp display, at least on the iPhone 5 the xp readout is no longer truncated, which I was quite pleased about :).

Warmer climes is where a lot of us around here are at :D, although it has rained a bit today here and I even felt the need to turn off the fan on my desk! Have fun.

14. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    I have 100% Fortuno. The highest is 26984 for Azure Ceres, Violet Folium & Violet Callaina. Don't ask me why it's not higher than Emblema.

15. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    As many as possible, the maximum is 16. More habs = more breeding = more coin = more habs.:)

Also, you can search the forum for discussion about the Babyproofing IAP but most of us here think that is a worthwhile investment if you're playing a lot.

16. frogsinmypocket

frogsinmypocket Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I've gotta glass carota spinae that I'd like to pass on rather than sell.

If you want it post (or message me) your Game Center ID and I will send him on.[/QUOTE]

I'll have your spinae he'll have a nice home in my pond for a while as I need one to finish breeding some of the awards

gamecentre name is ella;)?

Just let me know what you want in return I'm breeding bulbus, zebra and Calyx at the moment

Ella

17. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Well I spent about 2 hrs this evening taming coclearis and sent gifts to everyone on my friends list :)

I also reached 14,500 frogs, and level 40. Phew!

I have a challenge for anyone who's bored and wants something to do... send me a 'James Bond' frog... I look forward to seeing the different interpretations! (And not necessarily just a black albeo nodare, I want creativity!!!) :D

cheers!!

18. javaRich

javaRich Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Hi Lisianne, Howdy isn't playing as much as before the update yet keeping up with the weekly sets. Temple Run was completed yesterday. :)

19. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Thank you Awboj - I added baby proofing and will go for max habitats

Ella - the spinae is yours as soon as you respond to my Game Center notification. Mine is ADP90091 in case I didn't get yours right.

I think I've reached some sort of decision point. I've got a mailbox full of Sol and Ornatus that won't show up for a day and Sol and Ornatus babies from my latest pond excursions. I'm having the most fun and success with the Nimbilis and the Amfractus but some Sagitta slipped in there and they are growing in numbers. Seems like I need to focus on one thing here.

The pond is my downfall!

Is it better to just refuse everything high level you are gifted in the pond that you aren't breeding and not breed to higher level frogs?

How many breeds do people try and index at once? The level of play seems to have less to do with the level of frog chosen to index. Lower level frogs are much more immediate gratification!

Are there people who just play to acquire higher and higher level frogs?

Am I correct in thinking that the best way to be successful at sets is trade with other people?

Are there frogs that only come from trading? I've never seen a Geminus in my pond - and a few others.

Thanks for answering my questions. This has become my thesis writing distraction. It's perfect because its cheap and fun and has lots of time where I have to go back and write and wait on frogs!

Ann

Obviously this is a game people stick with. What do you do to keep it interesting?

20. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26440 XXXBR, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Ok Ann ... I have picked three questions to answer....

1. Have you got an express mailbox yet? A worthwhile investment ... The longest you will have to wait even with highest level frogs is 22hours and 30 minutes ... Or spend 6 stamps or 1 stamp per 4 hours left on delivery times

2. If you don't accept gifts in the pond the value of the gift gets added to your coin balance instead of channeling it through the mailbox ... However the frog will not be indexed

3. There are some "promotional" frogs which can't be found in the pond ... Sometimes they are available in the frogmart for 25 potions ... Sometimes people trade them ... The Geminus is one of them ... Google promotional frogs and you'll get the full list

Happy hopping

XXX