Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

If anyone cares... I've updated my froggydex list post on my livejournal page... and yes, you'll need to confirm that you're over 14... isn't that just a standard LJ thing though?

http://obsessed7.livejournal.com/22563.html

Now to go cook dinner before I have to go to work tonight....:(

2. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    First of all, sorry I have been away from this thread for so long, so thanks to all my regular tradersÂ…

Now my reason for posting: When the new frogs came out, I was only at level 27... so I wanted to see how fast I could get to level 32, while nothing new, I thought I'd document how to level up as fast as possible, which can differ based on what resources you have the most of.
    1. You can buy your way up with coins. 1 coin = 1 XP.
      Breed your most expensive frogs together (preferably of similar value). For example, if breeding them costs 10,000 coins then you will get 10,000 XP each time, so that's 80K XP for filling up your nursery once. Then just sell the eggs off and repeat. This is by far the fastest, but since it requires about 3 million XP per level for the ones close to level 32, it can drain your coins pretty quick.
    2. You can buy your way up with potions.
      So do the same thing as above, only before you sell the frogs, use potions to increase their value. 6 potions will get you back to breaking even, and more will actually help you make coins.
    3. You can wait and not use up coins or potions.
      Do the same as above again only instead of selling immediately or using up potions, let them sit for about 24 hours to break even on your coins, or longer to make coins. If you let them fully mature you will make double what you spent on breeding.
    So using the #1 technique I was able to gain a full level start to finish in about 10 minutes. However, I only had 6 million coins, so after one full level, half my coins were gone. So then I started using up potions I had to keep the coins from dropping further and gained another full level doing that. Then of course I would use the old fashioned breed and wait method all along as well. It still took me 2 months to gain 5 levels, but I don't play every day, so it could have gone even faster... and I wasn't necessarily focusing just on this... I still did all the Sets, and trading, and changing out the breeders so my Froggydex would still go up.

Sorry if all the above is painfully obvious, but I thought it might help some newer players, or someone that just hasn't put any thought to it.

3. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Not obvious at all. Very interesting.

4. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    Missing Breeds

Referring to dlstar's froggydex list, I now know which 2 new breeds are still absent from my froggydex: DIMIDIUS and FORAMEN. I would be grateful to anyone willing to share.

And then I will try to apply some of DeanKeith's techniques to level up so that I can complete my Blue-Albeo collection of v2 breeds. I really enjoy reading the various techniques the forum contributors have employed with success (or not).

Now if I can just force myself to part with my coins, potions and stamps. But my obsessive hoarding of PF assets has been an issue since my early PF days of running out of each while trying to complete the awards and catch up on weekly sets. I traumatized my tap-finger searching the pond to replenish my stores. By the way, I now use a stylus - makes hopping much easier for me.

Thanks for recent gifts: SnappyMcfrog, Nirtew and summerseachild.

summerseachild I sent you a couple of black floris TRIBUS just in case you still need to complete the Tribal Award.

Take care.
    Mal

5. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    Hello, all!

Just wanted to hop in and say "Thanks!" to my usual trading partners, especially Weekly Sets senders. I hate to bring my dexing to stop to breed those, so they're always much appreciated.

Recently, though, I had to do some major adjustments. I was receiving the Weekly Sets some two or three weeks after that week, usually long after I'd broken down and bred it myself. I realized my mail queue must be *that* far behind, so over the course of a few days I took a deep breath and sacrificed the stamps to buy it into being current. Yikes, it took about five hundred stamps--that's how far behind I was. :eek:

Now, I'm *trying* to stay current by buying out the MB whenever I play (one frog at a time ransomed until I don't get a new frog offered when I hop on a present or whathaveyou). I'm still going through upwards thirty or more stamps a day with this method, but at least I'm completely current. Like mbarnes, I'm a terrible hoarder and still have over 1500 stamps, but they're going faster than I'm regaining them in presents and requests. But then, my 'dex is growing, too! :D

Almost done with Nodare and Marinus! I'm getting my Symphonia breeders set up for my next two-day breed.

Happy hopping, everyone!

--Q

6. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Hi to all .... Thank you for generous gifts received.... :

Symphonia, igneous, papillo - maholah
    Lotus - java
    Gemma x2 - Meplie
    Cochlearis - dlstar

Awboj - Emblema
    Nitew - multiple Emblema
    RedRoof - Volta x 2
    Quossum- tabula
    Andi - lotus
    Ella - bulbus x 2
    Meplie - marinus n more

And anyone else I haven't mentioned ....

XXX

7. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks to Dom for a Happy 2013! set, will be ready tomorrow. Does anyone still need it? Otherwise, I will send it out randomly.

Thanks also to DeanKeith for the Foramen,
    Dean for the Flecto,
    and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

Good evening to all. :)

8. mbarnes41

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    Thanks SnappyMcfrog for the FORAMEN!

Take care.
    Mal

9. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Okay, so first, I'm gonna brag on myself. I finally have every single breed in glass chroma. See attached. They are mostly in Froggydex order too (not perfectly) from bottom left to top right.

But alas, that's too many frogs to keep around, as there is not enough room to do much else, and rather than play favorites, I'm just going to give them all away to free up space for whatever dexing, trading, etc. I might decide to do in the future.

So, please reply and let me know which breed(s) you want, first come first serve, and if I'm not friends with you yet on Game Center, see my signature.

After a week or so, I'll just randomly gift the rest out.

Attached Files:

10. frogsinmypocket

frogsinmypocket Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    #26530 frogsinmypocket, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    Oh I'd like the symphonia one if it's up for grabs and the new level pockadot one (not sure of it's name not puncti the other one)

Ella

11. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Hi DeanKeith ..... I would love a pistrix or a foramen .... As I haven't got this breed as yet .... Have sent a GC request .... Sorry if it comes in at odd hours ... I'm in Australia and can't seem to keep track of time differences .... All I know is that most post activity on TA happens when I'm asleep or at work .... And the clock/date that shows up on posts on my app is 6 months ahead .... Can't figure that one out ....

XXX

12. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Hi DeanKeith I just sent you a freind request. If possible I would love the Trivium and/or Veru Chroma's.

13. mbarnes41

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina

Thanks DeanKeith for the DIMIDIUS. And with that I now have at least 1 of each of the 100 breeds.

Congrats on completing the Glass Chromas. That has to be the most difficult combo to breed - in my limited experience.

Take care.
    Mal

14. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Thanks Dean Keith for the Glass Chroma Trivium and Veru!!

15. MsRaeJae

MsRaeJae Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Office Manager
    Raleigh,NC
    I know I can buy it but you saved me a few bucks...:)

16. MsRaeJae

MsRaeJae Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Office Manager
    Raleigh,NC
    I have a pocket watch in my mb if anyone would like that particular scenery. Rae

17. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26537 XXXBR, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    Message to lisianne .....
    Check your TT Game .... A new mission is waiting for you....

Thank yous to :

Shortbus - Lotus, Palma, Vicis
    Quossum - Marinus
    Andi - Fractus
    Keith - Pistrix & Foramen
    Ella - Bulbus

XXX

18. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    thanks for the frogs
    maroon nebula - dom
    black dimidius - grace
    black figularis - jake
    marine mustacium - heeranc
    golden magus - snappy
    aqua hennae - quossum
    tangelo tribus & emerald lanterna - flip
    black botulus - dean
    aqua mustacium - andi

19. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    #26539 BlueWater27, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Apologies for disappearing again. Life has been too much of a whirlwind lately. No, I haven't logged in to Game Center. And no, I won't be able to in a while. And no, I haven't sent/received any frogs or done any sets. Just for the record.

I just don't think it's fair for me to be here at all and not contributing. Things are so unpredictable both at home and at school, and every time I log off, it could be a few hours before I log back in, or it could be several months. I just never know. And lately, with things so up-and-down, the games I've played for months and months just don't matter to me anymore. Things I've done on my iPod every day, that I've taken for granted, have dissolved into nothingness along with my disrupted family life and daily routine. I just don't have the heart to stay here any longer. I mean, I'll miss everyone, but life goes on. I'll be forgotten in a few weeks, and that's the way I want it.

I know I left before, but that was more of a "maybe". Today, after I log off, I don't plan to ever log on again. So yes, please delete me from GameCenter, please don't waste your stamps on gifts to me, and don't even quote this post and wish me goodbye because I won't read it. Take care, and good luck with your games.

20. canadianharuka

canadianharuka Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Hello!

It's been two years since I last came here but I never stopped playing; I was somehow managing to breed all the frogs I needed for challenges. Now, however, I'm at an impasse because I need a Templum for the latest challenge and can't get hold of one.

I'd be happy to trade for it if someone will explain how trading is done these days -- I'm rusty!