Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Fawnzie

Fawnzie Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Hi, does anyone have a spare set of the glittering gems? That set keeps bugging me to complete it. lol Thanks

2. tochrais

tochrais New Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Hi there. I'm new to these here forums and would like to request an Obaro, Bulbus, or Signum frog of any colors. Check out my frogs and if there's any you'd like let me know. I'm tochrais on gamecenter too! I look forward to being part of this PF community!

3. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    #26863 sneeb, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    Hi Yasha me too, low on the potions, you want to split set in half and trade ? One person takes the green and the other the Orange / tangelo half? :D ....

Oh never mind. I see you're making 4 sets. I started with the Orange. :) guess it's the same number of potions either way.

4. canadianharuka

canadianharuka Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    I have a tangelo floris signum I can send as soon as I run it through the pond. No return necessary (my inbox is full most of the time, unfortunately. XD)

5. tochrais

tochrais New Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Thanks a bunch!

6. Locama0

Locama0 Active Member

Aug 16, 2012
    UK
    I have spare Obaros. I have sent a friend request.

7. canadianharuka

Oct 19, 2010
    The Signum is now ready to go, I just need you to accept my friend request.

8. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #26868 Yasha65, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    *hehe* I keep getting a lot of stampa, bit the porions kind of shine with their absence.

You know I'll send you the froga, sneeb! Tell me which one's you want. I have 1 set finished right now. :)

Edit: Couldn't help myself, sneeb. 8 frogs sent. *s*

9. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Drat, I am way too slow. :D I mean thanks bunches of frogs :)

Besides sets what are you working on? Even just a concept of an idea, I do find a lot of frogs in the pond, and yes stamps, way more plentiful than potions, indeed. So? White and Floris of every frog you seem to have covered. Other than that I don't see a pattern for best gifts... see :D

10. joshdubrau

joshdubrau Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    sketchy: lecture, tutor, write, edit, study
    Near Sydney, Oz. Near the beach.
    Stamps v. Potions

I have the opposite problem : ) I quite often find 5 or 13 potions, but stamps way less often! And I love stamps because I can gift : P. I wonder what the algorithms are that control present type ratios?

11. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Before the release of the new, high level frogs, I had an idea of dexing by color and started with white. Finished whire/caelus and white/floris. Then I just gave up and that is where I stand for now. No dexing, no collections, I just try to keep up with the sets and to have at least one of each frog available so I can breed what I need. I collected 100% Anura early.

No gifts needed in return, sneeb, but if you feel the need, anything makes me happy. :D

12. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Finally a set of frogs I can breed!

I will say that all the really expensive anuras it took to arrive at my set of plumas contributed significantly to the long and arduous journey towards level 18...

I've been trying to keep ahead of the potions thing by spending a lot of time in the pond. And trying to use them as carefully as possible. Lots of hopping immature frogs and waiting.

So if anyone doesn't mind waiting a day, I'd be happy to pass on a set of Plumas.

Let me know and friend me - Game Center ADP90091

13. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    #26873 rquilt, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    Currently have the following frogs in mailbox waiting to be adopted by someone. If interested in any send me a friend request:

White Floris Aceris - Level 19
    Emerald Viola Papilio - Level 17
    Lime Pruni Lunaris - Level 19
    Golden Folium Emblema - Level 32
    Violet Caelus Shelbus - Level 20

Also currently breeding/working on Pingos (Level 14) so if anyone needs any, once again send me a friend request.

14. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    ADP...accepted your friend request. Sent you the Cornus.

As far as the Signum, it may take a day or two as I have to breed and clear some habitat room. Once I complete the Pingo breed, it will be much easier for me to breed any frogs requested.

15. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    RQuilt - thank you!

Cornus received.

No rush on the Signum - if there is anything lower level you need, please let me know

16. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    No Problem. No need for any returns. But if you come across any Pingos (not Red, Maroon, Tangelo, Orange, or Golden) and don't need them I will be glad to accept.

17. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Quite a while ago, I read on the PP forum that the update at the time simply didn't offer as many "bux." I didn't upgrade & was quite pleased with my bux haul. Another update, with new planes, forced my hand & I did see a noticeable decrease in bux.

Just as NB probably tweaked PP, it may have altered the way potions & stamps were offered in the pond. I am finding fewer of those than ever. Could be just random bad luck, however.

Or other things, like when breeding Plumas for this Weekly Set, with each & every one of the colors my first 4 eggs were Anuras. What's the odds of that happening?! After that, I got so many wrong Plumas & Anuras that I gave up for a while but only when I got well over 20 no-the-right-frog-eggs in a row. Tossed a LOT of Pluma eggs(tho' kept 5). I'd be a lousy gambler for I kept thinking, "OK, I didn't get it this this but I'm *sure* I'll make it up the next time!" Not so.

Anyone else getting the feeling that most upcoming sets will contain one or more of the newer, higher level frogs? It's almost like playing a new game: PF 2. Same with gifting for the most part; I only gift new frogs & get mostly new frogs.

p.s.: Thanks so much to Dom for the Tessera & meplie for the 2 Sagitta. One guess what you're breeding! :)

18. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Glad that this week's set is at a more reasonable level. Parrots are cool! :D

Lisi, I have also noticed that the probabilities seem slightly different in v2 as opposed to v1. I have found that if I pause somewhat between breedings it can help improve my chances of getting the right frog. If I breed very fast until the nursery is full, I most likely do not get the frog I want. Something with the response time seems different, but I can't put my finger on it. Anyone else notice this, or is it because I am on an iPod 4 instead of the newest iDevice?

Thanks to Dean for a Tabula,
    Dlstar for a Cochlearis,
    Nirtew for an Emblema and a Levar
    Miamare for an Americano,
    Kane toad for a Hennae,
    Maholah for a Hennae,
    Dtl1081 for an Arbor,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

Good evening to all. :)

19. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    They've been pretty numerous in my pond presents recently. Now I know where they can go.

20. canadianharuka

Oct 19, 2010
    Second call for the quilta set if anyone needs it!

tochrais, still waiting on your friend request so I can send you the signum. :)

Thank you to those who sent frogs!