Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Lisianne I thought the same thing with the upgrade. RE: stamps and potions are now fewer and far between. I wonder if they put logic into their software that may have a correlation with either the level one is at, or the level frog one is breeding. Just a thought I had.

Also reminder to everyone:

Currently have the following frogs in mailbox/habitats waiting to be adopted by someone. If interested in any send me a friend request (List updated this morning):

White Floris Aceris - Level 19
    Emerald Viola Papilio - Level 17
    Lime Pruni Lunaris - Level 19
    Golden Folium Emblema - Level 32
    Violet Caelus Shelbus - Level 20
    Emerald Floris Coclearis - Level 23
    Green Bruna Pluma - Level 17
    Tangelo Bruna Pluma - Level 17
    Royal Caelus Pluma - Level 17

Also currently breeding/working on Pingos (Level 14) so if anyone needs any, once again send me a friend request.

2. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I only have the black pingo dexxed right now so I will gladly accept any other pingo you want to send my way. Sent you a friend request.

Lisianne, yes I also see something like that. And like Snappy said, if I wait a bit, I get better results.

3. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey

Ok request accepted. I will send some your way when ready.

I see you are working on Blue and Azure...if you come across the following Pingos in those colors, I will gladly accept myself:
    Blue: Caelus Chroma
    Azure: Folium Callaina Ceres Floris Bruna Cafea Chroma

4. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    ok what I will do is dex Pingo's blue and azure as soon as I am done with the Orbis I am doing and will send those above your way.

5. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Great, Thanks! Just give me a heads up on here when you are about to start and I will give you my updated needed list to those colors.

I have a batch that will be matured in about 6 1/2 hours. I will send your way.

6. RaelynHC666

RaelynHC666 Active Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Still haven't found a quilta myself yet. Just need one to breed thanks.

7. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada

ok, will do. Thanks!

8. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Pretty much how I play.

Did say I'd be a lousy gambler! I breed a whole bunch at once then see what I have. When that shows no success, I go right ahead & breed again. And again. And again. I finally give up when I get too many losers in a row & my frustration threshold has been breached.

In my case, I feel a certain urgency because I don't like using potions & I do like offering my set here. With the Parrots Set, I wanted to breed them all yesterday morning so they'd be ready to have offspring by tonight (using minimal potions). Set should be ready to gift in a couple of days after that.

Still, I will implement your idea of spreading out the breeding, Snappy, since my experience mirrors yours.

Great pun! Oh, & I do not have the latest iAnything.

Could well be, rquilt. NB doesn't make money on people buying the game but on users purchasing consumable items such as potions & stamps. If these items are harder to find in the pond & ALL the frogs in the latest update require 12 potions to breed from scratch (& all over level 8 as well- i.e. MOST frogs in game), many impatient players might just spend more. Plus most require 6-12 stamps to retrieve from MB after receipt. Saw a post once on the now-defunct NB Support Forum from someone who had spent over $500 on the game!!

p.s.: Thanks for the lovely froggies to Snappy for the Signum, dlstar for the Coclearis, & Martin for the Lotus & the Pluma.

9. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Yes, this does make sense. I guess I failed to look at it from a business standpoint.

$500!!!!!???? Good for NB, but that is just sad in my opinion. Although, who am I to judge?

10. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Yes, I notice if I pause or go away and re-open the game it seems I'm more likely to get the frog I want. Tapping fast seems to breed mostly the same frog over and over. I'm on an older iPad, tho so don't know if it's about the device.

11. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    #26891 sneeb, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    Sets and gifts

Interesting :D I think that's a sane plan for this game.

Almost forgot, how far back on the weekly sets are you? I'm at set 46 year 2010. I happen to have it, if you haven't done it. :)

12. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    #26892 rquilt, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

Sent you 7 Pingo's. I hope you have room in your mail box, haha. I just bred a Signum for you as well. Give it a day or two and I will send as well.

Good news...The Signum is blue too!

13. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    canadianharuka I think you may have a taker for your Quilta set....

14. canadianharuka

canadianharuka Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Yes, and if RaelynHC666 wants to send me a friend request I'll send them out after work.

15. RaelynHC666

Feb 7, 2013
    Thanks

Thank you for the Quilta.

16. RaelynHC666

Feb 7, 2013
    For some reason it can't find you to add. >.<

17. Shal

Shal Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Thank you dlstar71 for the quilting set.

18. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I'm not sure if I just find stuff because I spend a lot of time in the pond and I'm low level - or I am a fairly recent player and have no idea how many more stamps and potions there used to be, but I've found a lot of potions and stamps.

Initially I blew the 29.00 on stamps and whatever it was to buy 100 potions when I bought the added ability to put eggs in all my habitats and speed up the mail box.

So far, even with using stamps I've increased that inventory by 50% and have a lot of potions. I think I am getting everyone else's!

I mature a lot of frogs I'm breeding in the pond and try to cycle the higher level frogs I find in the pond as well. That way I'm indexing stuff all the time, grabbing experience points and hopefully hopping to gain back potions I've put into hatching frogs I don't want to wait for.

I'm sure this is not a new or inspired strategy for most of you...

My SO is a big gamer (us poor grownup students try and entertain ourselves on the cheap) and he talks about how the purchase of additional content is the real big money maker for a lot of game companies. I like this game very much, but if the only way to play it was to spend 500 bucks - uh, no more!

19. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Big thank you! to adp90091 and Ella for the Pingos.

20. canadianharuka

canadianharuka Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    What is your GC username?