Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. lizardofyfe

lizardofyfe Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Thanks guys!! And thank you too for all the prize and non prize frogs.

I am pleased to be getting the dead skin frog. After that heart rending story I will be glad to give it a new home :)

Thanks Dean and everyone who took part for a fun competition.

2. chsn143

chsn143 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Congrats Liz and Shasta! Great job.

I had an idea of what we could do next. I thought, since we did the Ugly Frog Contest, why don't we do the opposite and have a contest for the Most Beautiful Frog? I think I could come up with something for this one...

3. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    #17883 Domenic15, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    I can take them all. I will be getting back to work tomorrow.

The tournament was great. I talked to Randy Levine, Jim Leyritz, David Cone, Dave LaPoint, (beat him on one of the closest to the pins.) Al Leiter, Amonte Toomer, Carl Banks, boomer easiason, and a few others.

It did make for a long day as the ride home took about 3 1/2 hours. About halfway home my wife called and told me my mother was rushed into the local hospital ICU. Just got back from hospital, been up for 23 hours.

4. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    I like this idea also. Got a froggy from Dean tonight that made me say 'Wow, that is a gorgeous froggy'. And it's not the first, there are plenty of good lookin' frogs in the pond, makes the truly ugly ones so much worse in comparison.

Dom, that is sucky news, especially after you had such a great day out. :( Hope your mother will be ok, sending you big hugs from the bottom end of the world.

Thanks (again!) everyone, for the lovely gifts... :)

5. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Good morning everyone. Thank you to everyone that has sent me frogs the last couple of days. They were appreciated. I love getting frog surprises.

Dom, I hope all is well with your mother.

What's next? Well, PC was suppose to do a theme but he seems to have disappeared, hope all is well with him. We can do a beautiful frog contest but I would like some feedback on the a couple of items:
    Was holding the contest over the weekend good or should it be during the week? Was 2 days for posting to long ? Was 8pm a good time? Any other changes ?

6. LilyPadder

LilyPadder Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Maryland
    Next contest...

Ok...my ugly entry is on it's way to The winner. Now that we did the "beast"...how 'bout for our next contest we post an entry as the "beauty" in the bunch. Same rules apply.

What y'all think?

7. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Attention pingo collectors!

The bottom three Habs are available for the asking.

8. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Dom, i was just getting ready to start Olive. Could I please have the callaina, carota, caelus and chroma.
    I can offer in return Yellow: chroma, viola, ceres ,caelus and
    Lime: folium, floris

9. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    I would like the Olive Cafea and the Cocos Picea. Thanks in advance. I'm sending 3 of the Beiges now.

Dom, I'm very sorry about your mother. I hope she's ok and I wish her a speedy recovery.

10. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Thank you Liz and Sab for the frogs. They are much appreciated.

11. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Thank you for your kind words.

I will send the cafea, and I still need the cocos for now. It is not in the bottom three Habs. :)

12. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I will be shipping them out. I could use the following, yellow chroma, viola and lime floris.

13. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thank you very much. I will get yours ready for shipment.

14. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Oops, sorry about that. But I'll take a glass folium.

15. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    :):):)

Done

16. smirlface

smirlface Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Only 22 orange and red frogs until I finally complete the calvarias! it's taking forever!

17. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    THANK YOU so much for your generosity "Q". :):)

18. Inkyscribbles

Inkyscribbles Well-Known Member

Dom, I hope your mom has a speedy recovery!

19. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Thank you.

20. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    #17900 lisianne, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    Strategy question

First, congrats to the winners of the Ugly Frog Contest. Not only were the frogs truly ugly but the back stories were quite entertaining.

Second, sorry about your Mom, Dom. It's truly scary when someone who's been with you your whole life has medical emergencies. Wishes for her to recover swiftly & completely.

Then thanks to those fantastic gifters I don't think I remembered to mention up to now: andi, mcade, sab, llurgy, LilyPadder, LadyBird, & qwerty.

Which brings me to my question about strategy. Qwerty sent me a whole slew of Glass Verus. As it turns out, that is the one category of Verus which are 100% for Dom sent me the ALL the Glass Verus a while ago.

So, should I accept the Verus (for they arrive faster in my express mb than by breeding & thus can be tamed more quickly for XP but which don't add to my 'dex) or do I sell them to leave room in my mb for a high level frog which I might find in the pond & which are in shorter supply?

What do you PF experts say?

p.s.: Qwerty, I have already sent you something but check out my habs for what you need. Let me know here or via PM & I will gladly send. Your generosity was really overwhelming.