iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Same here!
    I might add that first quests are pretty simple, but later on difficulty really picks up and you have to use your full party synergy to survive.
    This escalated the fun in my case, giving me almost the same sensations I had back in the old D&D days (first edition purist here!)

I'm in the middle of nightly Pocket Heroes marathon....I know I'll regret this tomorrow but me and my friends can't literally put the game down now that things got really frantic.

2. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Killed a wolf, he came back to life. Killed a bandit, and he charged me. Both were dead on the next turn. The app badge number is always a lot higher than the actual number of turns I have waiting.

3. krztoff

krztoff Member

Jul 14, 2012
    #403 krztoff, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    annoyance

how annoying is it that the music doesn't loop cleanly? hahahaha

I'm convinced it's that way on purpose just to encourage me to take my turn quickly :)

I kid though, really enjoying the game ... just wish my friends would get their asses in gear and take their turns (or that I could nudge the living shit out of them until they do).

I did end up with a leather armor that would equip and then unequip itself automatically. Same thing with a pendant, except strangely when I went to a shop later I had 5 of the pendants in my inventory ... *cha ching*

4. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    If you are the priestess, is there a way to recover mana besides power sap?

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    same here... a lot of bugs to repair for the devs!
    ... and please, add an option to delete/refuse games and sounds for push notifications, i can't controll my device all the day :(

6. VanderLegion

VanderLegion Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    The rogue's Grasping Vine ability appears to not work. The game I took it to try it out, I've used it twice, and both monsters immediately moved up and attacked me on their next turn.

7. Khalerzhus

Khalerzhus New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Registration

Has anyone else has issues with registration? I have tried a number of time and keep getting the message, "Check your email, Make sure the email address you've provided is valid". I have re downloaded the app and tried different email addresses and no luck, any suggestions?

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #408 Pitta, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    I'm just recovering from my first Pocket Heroes hangover, after playing a good chunk of the night with a friend.

It was SOOOO AWESOME!
    I love when you uncover secrets in the game, getting the achievement for that.
    It's a simple thing, but I love it.
    Me (paladin) and my friend (mechie) were on the verge of dying several times...but we managed to survive every time and recover.
    I played till I passed out :)

BTW I already see the description of PH 1.0.1 update on the AppStore, so I guess it's imminent. As per dev tweet, you should now be able to see other participants class when joining a game (I didn't tried it, too many games ongoing...)
    EDIT: My bad, that is the original app (1.0.1). Sorry.

The game is exactly what I hoped it would be (gameplay wise).
    As for the actual campaign I'm curious where it will lead....for next content (that I hope to see soon) I would love more descriptions and a more solid meaning of why you are there (actually I'm in the cave the very first quest tell you to go to).
    I understand why it's there but, loving a sort of realism even in fantasy games, I'm not that fond of the 'shop' before each quest, even where it's a bit absurd to have it....I guess it's unavoidable tough.

Congrats to devs, wonderful idea, incredibly fun, and a pretty solid start for something really huge IMHO.
    The platform (asyc iPhone) is really perfect....I love how freaking fast is the game to load....I can take my turn in a matter of seconds wherever I am, even if I confess I played the majority of the time on the new iPad (where it's pretty nice).

Back exploring now :)

9. HadToDoItToEm

HadToDoItToEm Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Melbourne, FL
    This game has so many bugs. I created a second account so I could play with myself. Ya i know lame but i noticed that other player's health and positions are not even accurate from your perspective. At one point it said my other account was dead when he still had over half health....

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    WOW :eek:

11. HadToDoItToEm

Feb 21, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Melbourne, FL
    FYI: It looks like you can quit the app while you're in town and you'll get a refreshed list of items to buy from the shop.

12. theimmobilizer

Jul 14, 2012
    Do you have to have 4 players?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but do you? I'm trying to get a game going with 2 of my friends, and regardless of which one of us starts it up the others never get an invite and the one who started it just sees clouds and a message saying it's waiting for the others to create a character. I tried including a 4th person (random from my contact list, they weren't intended to play) and only then did everyone get the option to join my game. Is there a workaround for this?

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Is there some way to identify objects?
    I just noticed something really cool.
    I found some medallions with gems, one is even particularly warm to the touch.
    Description says +2 to health but I realized (checking the stats) it is not the only effect.
    I have a simple ring with a dazzling blue gem that do several cool things to my stats too (description says nothing).
    I love this but I wonder if there is a way/class/spell able to fully identify objects.

14. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    GC name: SALUKIMC

Looking to start games, which seems to be the hardest part of this little game.

15. Karok Alleon

Karok Alleon New Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Mechie Skills

Does anyone know how to cast/activate "Scrap Shield" for a Mechie? I can't figure out how to get the temporary defense increase. I tap it it, but then can't seem to "kick it off"... I thought maybe I need to target myself, but that only opens the Player Card. And it doesn't seem to be activatable if I have a creature targeted either.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks...

16. HadToDoItToEm

Feb 21, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Melbourne, FL
    You have to target yourself by tapping your character on the board/map. Then you can cast shield and any other self buffing skills.

17. VanderLegion

VanderLegion Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    You actually have to double-tap your character to target yourself

18. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Mashead2000
    Add me then invite me to a game

I have to many i have set up and no ones playing

19. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Holy crap this game is buggy as hell. Little jaggies and tile artifacting EVERYWHERE. And I can barely scroll the map sometimes, when it doesn't get stuck completely.

Such a brilliant concept, and so poorly executed. Devs, I really hope you guys fix this game, because it has so much potential.

20. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

You can double tap your character on the 'gameboard' to target yourself for abilities. You'll need to target yourself like this to use Scrap Shield.