iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    As long as we're making suggestions, I think it took me way too long to figure out that it's possible to heal myself with the paladin. Apparently I was missing the double-tap part, which isn't needed for healing someone else. You should change this to a single tap. Select the ability, the target, confirm via the little bar thingy, bam. Or vice versa on the selecting order.

2. Hercio

Hercio Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Quest 6

On Quest 6 (the cave area) you come across for the first time the Ghouls (for lack of a better term at this time). Does anyone notice strange behavior from the "Claws" and "Hurlers?"

They always seem to run away and have not attacked any of my party members. :confused:

3. Strange Brew

Strange Brew Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Financial systems analyst
    MN
    Yea I noticed that too. They must be scared of us. I would be too.

4. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    This post I couldn't agree with more.

5. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I thought of another suggestion. It would be nice if, when it isn't my turn, I could click on monsters and allies, to see their status (like I can during my turn), so I could plan my next turn.

6. just_jeepin

just_jeepin Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Cincinnati, OH
    I'm new to Pocket Hereos, created my character,selected random players, took my first turn fighting a wolf and that's it. I'm stuck waiting on others players that aren't coming. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to delete a game.

I also agree that there should be a way to boot out a character that hasn't taken their turn in 24hrs.

Also, as for replayability... I used to play Kyle's Quest on my old Palm Pilot and users could create their own quests/adventures and could upload them so anyone could play them.

Also, I'd love an iPad version.

7. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    Welcome! And I would say the best way to play this is to find others through this thread. The random play is very inconsistent. It could be grabbing users who don't even play it anymore.

There is a work around to play "solo".

If u have 2 devices it's easy. For example I have an iPhone and iPad.

I create a user account on 1 and a different 1 on the other. So each device is logged into a separate account. You will need 2 emails tho.

Then invite yourself to a game from 1 of your devices.

There, now u have a 2 player game in a single player format.

You can make your team how'd u like and it's much easier to play strategic too.

The dev knows about this and even explained it so no worries there.

I did it, and I liked it. It's more fun playing with others, but if u can't find anyone it's a way to enjoy the game.

Which I find really fun.

Hope that helps!!

Now if u only have 1 device then it's trickier. You have to logout/login to take each players turn. Much less fun but still doable.

8. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    Yup, this is the exact problem i have aswell. I cant do anything. I'll just let the game sit on my device till there is a fix or workaround. :(

9. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    You can also play with yourself on the same device by starting a new game and sending an invite to whatever your email is that you registered with. Make a move then go back to menu and it will be your other characters turn

10. 2GoFast

2GoFast Member

Dec 2, 2011
    For those of you who have found this thread lately, there is two different threads devoted to signing up for game parties. The first one allows for a little more organized grouping,

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=144228&page=23

This next one is more of an "add me to your list" thread,

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=143404&page=38

I used both when I first got started in the game. I was able to find a few players who have been keeping about 4 or 5 games moving along. I will admit the only game that I have played all the way through was a game that I sat up to play as a two party where I played a Paladin and a Mechie....it moved VERY quickly, and was nice to get all the way through it.....:)

11. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    BRANDON!!!

Any update news? I love this game and I really hope it continues to grow.

Thanks again!!

12. xxx_R3B0RN_xxx

xxx_R3B0RN_xxx Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    need help. so i have this game but it always crashes when i try to get a random player on my party so i can start playing. every time i click random player, it just crashes. i rebooted it and still didnt work. i contacted ayopa games but they did not reply back in 2 weeks already. any help?

13. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    I would find the Brandon Pollet user, in this thread and send him a private message.

He helped me out once, but he hasn't been on here for a few days. :(

14. krispydp

krispydp Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Hey everyone,

So what do I do when my ally dies? It's just me and a buddy, and he doesn't have enough gold to revive himself. I'm a rogue with no healing abilities. No options seem to be showing up on how to bring him back from the brink of death.

15. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    I think u have to keep pressing on if he can't revive himself and if u don't have a priestess, I think she's the only one with a revive skill.

Once u finish the quest he should come back into the game.

This is me assuming what happens as its never happened in any of my games. People have died but we have the gold available for an instant revival.

16. Hercio

Hercio Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Character Death

If you complete the quest your friend will come back to life no problem. I suppose you drag his bleeding body with you to the end and tend to his wounds in camp. I have played a few games and this has always been the case.

If you level up due to shared experience points while dead you also come back to your feet with full HP and MP.

Regards,

Hercio

17. Shoggothy

Shoggothy Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Any news on the next update?

Title says it all. We could really use another update ASAP to sort out some of the many issues with the game. I only say this because I think it's a great game and don't want to see it go under.

Also, does anyone know when the Community page on the developers website is due to go live?

http://www.ayopagames.com/community/

As it stands, we have to post here about the game which isn't ideal.

18. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    Agreed!!!! Brandon used to be on here frequently but not lately at all.

Kinda worries me as I really dig this game and want to see it grow. It has sooo much potential.

19. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I too would like to hear some news. I still play this every day.

20. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    Me too. Love it. It feels like a nice knit community is growing for this game too.

I like this game so much that I'd pay for new chapters and updates like new classes.

But that's just me supporting a game I see that can become even better!!