Universal Pocket Master Legend (by Jie Hao)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2015.

1. nicoper

nicoper Member

Nov 15, 2013
    That is something we most likely will never know for sure

2. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I think Nintendo should seriously just get this, work it over and rerelease it - make it official. Even like this its not bad, its just stupid that its a ripoff. But it can be somethnig really good, imo. Opinions?

3. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    They won't. They'll make their own. That's what they do.

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Say what you will about Nintendo and Nintendo games, but they are usually extremely polished and non buggy when released

5. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    I'm just here to keep in the loop of this inevitable train wreck.

6. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Oh no, that wasn't a knock against them. It's just a fact. They seem to, as of now, either make the game completely on their own, or fund a game and add maybe a costume or some special Nintendo thing (like bayonetta' peach/link/Samus costumes). They'd NEVER, to the best of my knowledge, decide 'hey we like this game X persons made, we're making this ours now (like with this summoner thingy)

7. IainsTheName

IainsTheName Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Anyone know how to increase your VIP level? Do you have to pay or something?

Actually quite liking the app haha.

8. manga

manga Member

May 2, 2014
    Yes u have to pay

9. WomboCombo

WomboCombo New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Wow it's still up on the App Store. I thought it would have been taken down by now.

10. IainsTheName

IainsTheName Member

Jan 13, 2014
    #50 IainsTheName, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Cheers, finally found that out! Seems to be OK until you get to level 30ish then it seems to become a pay-to-win kind of game (unless you want to wait every day to get the free rewards). Otherwise you don't gain enough resources to make your Pokemon competitive.

Still, complete ripoff but had a blast while it lasted (won't spend a penny on it for obvious reasons). All they have to do is change any reference to Pokemon, make up their own version and the game will still be decent (although the bad translations are hilariously bad at times).

One things for certain, Nintendo need to release something like this and asap, I imagine this app is making an absolute killing.

EDIT: It's been taken off the AppStore. How come no one has done a story on this? Was it affiliated at all with Nintendo? (Doubt it), have they been sued? Seriously wonder why TA haven't done any investigative journalism on this, considering they have done in the past on similar things?

11. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  12. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    The game doesn't work