Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Jesses_198

Jesses_198 Active Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Texas, USA
    Noob planes

Is anyone giving away noob planes? If you are please pm me. Thx!

2. Jesses_198

Jesses_198 Active Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Texas, USA
    I get around that much with my sequoias. A flight that is 1:15 long gets me about 8,500

3. luda17

luda17 New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    How do you manage to make those long flights?

4. luda17

luda17 New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Whats the best strategy on making gold coins and bux when your in the class 3 phase?

5. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Yup, and the same thing is happening again. This global event is very interesting, since it allows us to examine three sets of counters: airport info, achievement, and flight crew contributions. Unfortunately, only the flight crew counts are correct.

For this event, I simply have a single Kangaroo-M going from Johannesburg and back. I set up my Mahajanga layovers at 'JNB' first, so that I could have a full 2P+2C flight every time. This makes it easy to track; I should need exactly 25 incoming flights to unlock the achievement (for the second time, grrr) and also contribute 100 jobs to the flight crew.

I recorded the counter values on the airport info page after the first few landings:
    After 1st landing: Flights = 3, P = 2, C = 2 (where'd the extra flight come from?)
    Before 2nd flight: F=3, P=3, C=0!
    After 2nd landing: F=6, P=6, C=2.
    I gave up recording numbers at that point; clearly they are borked. The cargo counter is especially strange, going down at some times. It's also wierd that the counters would change at various times, not just exactly when the planes land or take off. I understand Game Center server lag for the achievements, but the airport statistics are in-game and should always be instantly correct.

As I type this, I have made 21 landings and my flight crew counter shows 84 jobs (correct). The airport info page shows 68 flights (should only be 42, if it counts both in and out), 51 passengers (should be only 42) and 15 shipments (should also be 42). The achievement progress shows only 53%, clearly lagging the flight crew total. I have been completely idle for about 4 hours, so everything should be "caught up".

I am not going to bother doing Barrow, Tiksi, or Punta Arenas for the second time until I hear that this bug has been fixed.

6. Spidubic

Spidubic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Don't know about anyone else but for my as far as bux goes I grab every one I can and drop them off at transfer airports ten fill a plane full of them going one way. I likely lose money but I am making okay bux. Not like pre patch though.

7. jimmy_bp

jimmy_bp New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Still no clue regarding this problem?

Should I post in Official Nimblebit forum? It is uncomfortable to participate in next even if the prize system still have a problem like this....

8. Lady greynius

Lady greynius New Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Have a Starship to trade, looking for an Aeroeagle-M.

9. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    i still can't get enough of this game! i had been ignoring my airport in mahajanga because none of my class 1 planes can get down there w/o me relocating it so far south...but thanks to this event, i finished my 100 jobs.

unfortunately, several achievements still don't register. i've got roughly 400 jobs done in honolulu, but the achievement progress is stuck at 88%. i make trans atlantic journeys all day, but that one never registers. 'jet lag', 'fly with us', and 'growing fleet' are all unregistered, yet i've gotten the achievements that come after them sequentially.

what are peoples' strategies for getting 20k in one flight? i've started laying over people bound for tokyo that come from honolulu (so it's something like 2400 coins per passenger) in shanghai, and i guess i'm going to deliver all of them at once with a 10/12 seater...but i'm not sure if it'll work.

i'm almost regretting moving up to class 3 jets because it seems like the class 2 planes can make transatlantic flights, and there are more airport options that way.

10. jas22107

jas22107 New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Global Events

Hi,

I am already on the Toucharcade team, I wanting to know after I have delivered at least 5 cargo/passengers to the city hosting the global event, am I able to close that city and keep my stats for the global event so I will receive the prize? Or do I have to wait until the event is over before closing that city???:confused:

11. Battleland

Battleland Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Singapore

Yes, you can close the global event airport once you completed at least 5 jobs. No need to wait until event is over. You will get your prize.

12. benhud

benhud Member

Jul 18, 2012
    There is a specific pocket planes trading forum. The link is found on the first page.

13. Spidubic

Spidubic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Any idea how many of Touch Arcades total jobs for events are done by those who do 5 jobs and then stop? Seen a lot of people on here talking about doing their 5 jobs then stopping which got me to thinking. If Nimblebit tweaked that number upwards what would happen? Would 5 jobbers stop? And if so what would that do to Flight Crew totals? Would this hurt Touch Arcades dominance? Or would people simple do 100 jobs and stop thus pushing the numbers higher?

14. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Could you imagine if NimbleBit came out with more transportation themed games? I mean, Id still play Pocket Planes even if it became Pocket Trains. I just thought about maybe Pocket Ships? Pocket City or something? Just out of the box stuff.

15. Geebeeweebles

Geebeeweebles Active Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Looking for advice, hints and tips to help me expand and have a more profitable airline!

Here's the stuff:

LEVEL 18
    AVG DAILY REV: 87,324 Coins
    CURRENT COINS: around 100,000
    CURRENT BUX: 18
    AIRPORTS: 15/23; New York, Boston, London, Paris, Algiers, Cairo, Istanbul, Nairobi and Mahajanga (for the Event), Tehran, Mumbai, Delhi, Jakarta, Xi'ain, Tokyo.
    AEROPLANES: Pearjet C x2, Pearjet P, Pearjet M, Equinox P, Equinox M, Birchcraft P x2, Birchcraft M, Birchcraft C, Sea Knight, Aeroeagle C, Aeroeagle M x2.

I usually do a New York <--------> Tokyo Route with the bigger planes and London <------> Tokyo with the smaller ones, but it varies alot!
    :)
    I'm currently #791 for the Events in Touch Arcade Crew! Woo! It's an acheivment for me anyway!

I took the Starship out of my fleet, it was loosing too much money!

Any feedback and advice would be greatley appreciated! This forum rocks! Thank you!

16. wolowizard

wolowizard Active Member

Jul 7, 2012
    #5576 wolowizard, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    I think this is an outstanding idea!

Depending on where you set the number, I think it would end up balancing out. On bux jobs it would probably balance based on increased minimum jobs, but less total people doing it. And rare planes would probably be unaffected since everyone seems to overachieve on those regardless. As you say though, it would be interesting to see what percentage of Flight Crews are made up of people doing the minimum and whether that varies from one group to the next. I suspect that you might be onto something in that Toucharcade probably has a slightly higher percentage of "moochers".

I had been thinking about this a little. It seems like if there could be events that required actual communication and teamwork might balance things out. Toucharcade Flight Crew is so big and my guess is that there's a very small percentage that actively follows this thread that we'd have trouble working as a team. Whereas a smaller group (of friends, active forum users, or whatever) would be better positioned to accomplish those tasks. The challenge is coming up with what those tasks would be.

I've considered tasks where after a certain point there'd be a "destination change package" that would change the target city from one to another. But only one person on the Flight Crew would get it. And once they did, he/she would have to inform the rest of the flight crew of the change. Any delivery to the "old" city after the change would actually detract from the total jobs. It would encourage tight knit flight crews with active members - if you had a less active person get that "destination change package" you'd be at a disadvantage. Unfortunately it also opens you up to griefing and other negative behavior. Anyway, that might not be the best idea, but occassionally having Flight Crew events that required more teamwork than brute force (I think the computer failure was an attempt at that, but the prizes weren't sufficient enough to motivate change) might not be a bad idea.

17. kty6toz

kty6toz Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Still no prize from last global event

I am a member of toucharcade flight crew, on the goose bay mission the leader board showed I had done 20 missions toward the event and I quit and closed the city because I was working on my fly 100 jobs for my awards since I reset to get the trans Atlantic award. I still have not received my prize for the event and haven't gotten any response regarding the problem.
    If anyone is willing to follow up on this issue for me my game id is NB:: DTYCDAX
    Thank you

18. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Trading Comparison

Yes. I know this is the wrong forum for trading, but I just wanted to know, is a Sequoia-P really worth trading for a Cyclone-M? I know that the Sequoia brings in more profit than a Cyclone. (I think.) plus I saw a chart that shows the rate of profit on one of the pages but couldn't find it. (Would be super if someone could post that.)

I want to be like a "legit" airline.

My plan: A feel of Aeroeagle-M's, and one Cyclone-M. The Aeroeagle's becoming feeders in some ways as color coated. And the Cyclone-M just taking in the jobs. Flawed strategy, I know. But so long as I'm making a healthy profit and having fun, I'm okay.

19. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    NimbleTim should be able to help you with this, see if he replies here first. Other than that, consider looking at: https://getsatisfaction.com/nimblebit. Other people have posted there with similar problems and you can ask your own question if you wish. The main respondent is Dani, though it may take a few days for a reply again.

The Cyclone is quicker so makes more profit per hour. The Sequoia is slower but makes more profit per bitizen / cargo carried as apposed to per hour. This means that if you can send planes off as soon as they land, the Cyclone will generate you more money per day. If you only check in a couple of times through the day, the Sequoia may be better for you.

To determine planes efficiency, route planning etc, visit http://www.therustysnowman.com/proj/pocketplanes.php and use the tools there.

Well done on contributing to the Touch Arcade crew! And good choice in removing the starship, it drains far too much money than it's worth.

To be honest, you sound like you're playing the game exactly how you want at the moment! I would perhaps think about closing Algiers and Cairo. A lot depends on what you want out of the game - more money? More bux? More routes? Do you fly passengers and cargo randomly? Do you fly the +25% bonus on flights?

I wouldn't get any more aircraft and look at retiring the Pearjets for the Aeroeagles as they're much more efficient, though quite slow.

NimbleTim, one of the devs for pocket planes replied to a similar question of mine a while back;

"There is currently a little over 44,000 members registered in the TA flight crew. However in the last event only a little over 13,000 delivered items, all but around 500 of them delivered enough for the reward and the average was 124 jobs."

20. Kattle

Kattle Member

Jul 13, 2012
    #5580 Kattle, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    iPhone got water damage. Had to get a new one and now have to start all over :( I had iCloud sync and all.