Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    I would love that!It's a great idea!

Finally saw one of my planes flying upside down.I was looking through my planes and realised that one didn't look as it was supposed to!5 secods later I switch back to that plane and realise that they were screaming! Nice Easter Egg!:D

2. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Thanks! And in case you haven't seen this reported before, I've noticed that sometimes the flight numbers get confused between multiple planes. I think it happens when with reward planes and/or with planes you build and then immediately remove to the hangar before flying them. A couple of times I've changed the flight number of an in-service plane, and one of my hangar planes (of the same type) also gets changed to this same name. It seems like if the plane has any "history" that the name change works properly.

And one more enhancement request related to hangars: after events like San Diego and London, I had lots of parts and I wanted to assemble complete planes but keep them in the hangar, to keep the parts list from being too long. It would be nice if you could do that for fewer bux than assembling them for in service usage--it should be the bux differential between building and returning. For example, it cost 22 bux (if I remember) to build a Starship, and it costs 16 bux to return it from the hangar. Therefore, it ought to cost only 6 bux to build it directly in the hangar. :)

3. Umbrasquall

Umbrasquall Active Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Since always lol. I remember seeing the number when I first started playing and trying to figure out what it meant.

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    The bug of renaming the planes in the hangar messing with the flying planes names happened to me too. happens when building then immediately puting in the hangar on the same Plane spot multiple planes and so having the same name assigned by the game to each of them (PL050 for ex.)

And I second your idea of being able to put planes directly in the hangar
    ;)

The whole hangar needs an overhaul, sorting through planes etc (nimbleTim noted a few ideas about this a few weeks earlier). Not really urgent but that would be great!

5. ExitaR

ExitaR Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Philippines
    Good day everyone! Awesome game. I started playing 2 days ago and after 3 restarts I've finally settled myself in the Detroit, Ottawa & Montreal region. I've also recently purchased the New York airport and airport jobs have been abundant. I've been reading about layovers and feeder airports and my questions are:

1. How many feeder airports do I need per level 3 airport?
    2. How far should the feeder airports be from the layover airport? I've read that airports too close together reduce jobs. I want to acquire the Phila airport but it's too close to New York.
    3. Will Dallas be a good airport to feed either New York and my future LA airport?

Sadly the Salvador event is too far for me to help. Hopefully in the next event I can help out. Thanks NimbleBit for a great game :D

6. itschriscollins

itschriscollins Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Currently at #70, my goal for this event was to get into the top 100 so I'm on track; however, I am now going to go to bed and there isn't a huge gap between me and #100. Time for prayer I guess? Oh and if anyone wants a Huey part or, by coincidence very shortly a P-40 WARHAWK part feel free to message me.
    I've been feeding this event with two Aeroeagles, and then four for the past day to jump into the top 100, not a lot of activity. I reckon it'll be another vague airport with a bux reward next.

7. KE5

KE5 New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    So I've recently encountered a problem that makes it impossible for me to play the game. When I click on the button to go to the loading screen and load the plane it takes me to a totally different page that is on the menu. When on the screen with the plane it acts as if it is on the menu page. So, when I click around on the screen with the plane it goes to a bunch of the things on the menu such as stats, acheviments, hangar, etc. based on where you click. Therefor I cannot load planes and all my planes are sitting in airports doing nothing. Has anyone had this happen before? I'm not sure what to do and definitly don't want to restart the game since I'm level 24 with over 1.5 million coins and about 700 bucks.

8. Umbrasquall

Umbrasquall Active Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Have you tried shutting down the game completely (close it out in your task switcher) and restarting it?

9. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

When will the C-130 event be? Maybe it will be "Deployment to Kabul" with a bunch of parts?

10. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012

I've seen the upside down plane a couple of times but did not know that the passengers were screaming. I have sound turned off on my phone. I'll try to remember to turn sounds on next time I see this.

11. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Great job! I'd be happy with Top 100 in any of these events. :D

I kept changing the planes I devoted to the Salvador event, started out with a pair of Kangaroos, added a couple of Aeroeagles ... ultimately ended up with 11 Aeroeagles and a few Kangaroos. There's 2hr 37min left on Salvador, I'm about to call it a night with 3313 jobs delivered (and maybe a few more before I go to bed). At the moment, you need 1620 jobs to enter the Top 10 ... and #1 has 5761 jobs delivered!!!

12. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012

I used 2 to 3 airports when I was using the feeding/layover strategy.
    Los Angeles, Mexico City, Chicago ---> feeds into New York
    Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo ---> feeds into Shanghai
    (yes, there's a bit of back-feeding doing Beijing to Shanghai, but I chose Beijing over Shenyang because it is 10m vs 8.1m size)

Make sure you generally feed in the direction of the final destination.
    You mentioned being centralized around Detroit/Ottowa/Montreal ... so you should not feed Detroit folks into Los Angeles only to have them turn around and travel towards Detroit, Ottowa, Montreal, NY.

I'd try to spread airports farther apart. I think Chicago feeding into NY would be better than Philadelphia feeding into NY. Aim toward owning mostly Class 3 airports by the time your level is in the late teens or over level 20. Chicago is better than Philadelphia because it is class 3 (instead of class 2), larger city equates bigger job list and thus easier to load your planes.
    I'd choose Chicago over Dallas to feed into NY. But Dallas is an OK intermediate city to have if you're still using Kangaroos to get across between LA and NY, but you may eventually want to close it at higher levels.

Most important of all ... have fun playing the game in whichever style suits you. :D

13. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    #6033 coastcat, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    I've only seen this once, but alas, it was a cargo-only flight so no screaming passengers. The pilot was pretty darned unhappy, though!

I decided to go after the Nome-Wellington achievement, which meant opening a bunch of airports. Vienna, Oslo, and Barcelona were already open for local events, with Sequoias running long-distance profit routes. Aeros, Mohawks, and Kangaroos all over Europe. What a mess already, and then to throw in all those new cities needed to get a SuperGopher across the globe... Thank goodness I can close out all those extra cities around the same time our new global event starts.

(I'm still at #26 despite having stopped running Salvador flights last night)

EDIT: What good timing - I still have Wellington open since my SG won't land there for another 15 minutes. Golf, anyone?

14. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I've been looking forward to starting Nome-Wellington, but have also been procrastinating because I dread the mess it'll make out of my job list with so many airports open. I had opened a bunch of new airports for the Salvador event so I could bring in peeps from North America, Europe and Asia. You know those lines that form on the map to show your planes' routes? Well mine were crisscrossing like crazy and kinda looked like a malformed spider web. LOL My job list was a mess, and that was from adding only 4 or 5 new airports.

Looks like the Salvador event is over. I had completed 3399 jobs the last time I looked (about a half hour ago), the #2 guy was ahead by ~2000 jobs, and the #4 guy was behind by ~800 jobs.

Speak of the devil ... next event is in Wellington ... guess I'll go buy that city now. :D

15. Cahockey

Cahockey Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    #6035 Cahockey, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    No plane reward this time so no mystery parts :( I'm going to open Wellington and Sydney and get my mohawks and kangaroos running between the two until I get them connected to Asia and Europe.

Edit I found the controls for a Pearjet-P in Syndey. Pretty lucky being 20000 xp from level 16.

16. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    That is exactly what I did, although without kangaroos, running 3 mohawks at the moment. Opened Sydney and only got a wallaby controls, but got an Equinox controls in Wellington. A good thing to do is to run advertising as well.

17. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    It takes 15 minutes for my Kangaroo to travel from Sydney to Wellington.
    How long would this take in a Blimp?

18. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    it would take 39 minutes with no upgrade to speed, weight or range

19. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    i could have sworn the reward for the salvador event was 40 bux + the warhawk...but i got 30 bux and a warhawk engine. is that right? are the rewards also handled within the crew? if so, that's kind of neat.

20. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    ha, i also only noticed a couple days ago. and i've been playing since day 1, and am at level 30!